Machine: Refrigerator

• Simple enough. acts as food storage, converts water into ice blocks over time, cools reactor components manually, probably other things people can figure out.

As for crafting, a compressor and a personal safe, (and possibly a chip) produces 2 (?) refrigerator blocks. stacking these two refrigerator blocks creates an upright fridge. maybe 3 placed side-by-side makes a chest freezer.

EU draw should depend on what you are doing with it. i'd say set it up with an internal thermostat and different interactions affect the internal temperature. The thermostat could be adjustable as well.
    5-10 eu/t when running, overclockers allow you to cool it faster and colder.

Cold beer anyone?

• Official Post

Storing food is purely for the realism right, since a chest would also work? :P I like the idea of cooling reactor components though, and making ice blocks.

Cooling beer giving it better buffs would be a nice mechanic as well.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Cooling Reactor Components for realism inside a Fridge? Sure that makes so much sense.

well not really.. because you then have to cool the fridge.. normal cooling in game now for coolent is good enough :)

maybe make some options to buff food some beer ? sodas?

spoilage is not a issue with food so .. its not a major issue there..

maybe its used to make something else? IE it has to cool down to X temp before it can be used to craft something??

making ice blocks/snow would be a good option as well...

what do we cool normally outsde of food ?

liquid nitrogen/oxygen for specialized items? combine with a compressor ( if we had propper pipes it would be easier) Super coold coolant that can absorb more heat ? ( still running a energy loss though to cool it down)
    use it to compress bio gas for something?

I can see uses but nothing that would be a increase in features/options but if something came around player could incorperate it..

• Make food to rot. Cycle all loaded instances of IInventory, scan for food itemstacks and add/reduce "expirationCountdown" NBT tag value, if founded tileentity is not an instance of IRefrigerator or IRefrigerator return "false" on "getActive()" call. If "expiratonCountdown" is 0 or lower, replace stack with rotten version of item.

• Official Post

Make food to rot. Cycle all loaded instances of IInventory, scan for food itemstacks and add/reduce "expirationCountdown" NBT tag value, if founded tileentity is not an instance of IRefrigerator or IRefrigerator return "false" on "getActive()" call. If "expiratonCountdown" is 0 or lower, replace stack with rotten version of item.

Because that wouldn't lag at all...

• Set tag on first iteration, set itemstack to rotten on second one. Make very big tick interval on small worlds. Players wouldn't mind, if it takes hours of real time for food to rot.

• Official Post

That is why adding just a Timestamp of "when the food has been updated most recently" inside an NBT Tag would be useful. That way the Food only updates when you attempt to eat it or when it is in the Players Inventory.

What about someone stopping the server and starting it up again two hours later? The timestamp would say: Hey, it's rotten.

Set tag on first iteration, set itemstack to rotten on second one. Make very big tick interval on small worlds. Players wouldn't mind, if it takes hours of real time for food to rot.

No.

• The food was supposed to be purely cosmetic (unless canned food spoils...which seems counterintuitive). Buffs for beer i can see.
    Could we build a multiblock version of the fridge (walk-in INDUSTRIAL freezer, similar to railcraft tank dimensions) using multiple blocks?

I think there are things we can do here if we figure them out.

• The food was supposed to be purely cosmetic (unless canned food spoils...which seems counterintuitive). Buffs for beer i can see.
    Could we build a multiblock version of the fridge (walk-in INDUSTRIAL freezer, similar to railcraft tank dimensions) using multiple blocks?

I think there are things we can do here if we figure them out.

could be good but honestly alot of work imho when people talk about adding spoiling.. esp when canned food did not work out too good in game ( IE 1 stack of things vs alot of random )

i say put NEW FOODS IN .. only!! ones that give buffs.. and that have lifetimes.. require the fridge..
    but only the new stuff will rot!

make canned versions that give the same buff but for less time ? ( non spoilings)

and while in fridge the spoiling stops 100% .. maybe making it so that spoiling is reversed? ( if its a higher end fridge?)

• How would Frozen UU Matter behave?

Edit: a little sugar, a few snowballs, and we have a snowcone! (or atleast shaved ice)

• Official Post

I guess you could still make UU Matter swimming pools if you put it in chest freezers that you could stand in.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• How about you have to store uumatter in a fridge or it will de-materialize itself again after a few ticks? That wouldn't make uumatter any more annoying to get/use than it is now...

yes it would.. honestly make things just silly stupid.. maybe a way to increase UU matter effeciancy? nah ..