[Kirara 3.0] - A series of well-made GT hardmode servers. --- Official Random Thread.

• Enjoying the survival game so far, thanks for all the hard work!

Thanks for the kinds words. Much appreciated.

Please wipe my player.dat if you haven't made it. I don't want my spawn to be set on top of that dungeon

Okay. Consider it done.

I will then likely join on the weekend. As long everything runs stable the next days.

Nice hearing this. See you in there soon ! ;]

[1.7.10][Kirara] New administrator of Kirara servers. A serie of well-made hardmode GregTech server. Come join the fun. ;]

• Lol there is a setSpawn Command, no need to wipe a Player File.

We're wiping what was done in the test phase as well. I was to delete his player.dat anyway.

By the by, city is accessible now ! However, I forgot to fix the TF. So no TF 'till tomorrow. Or tonight.

[1.7.10][Kirara] New administrator of Kirara servers. A serie of well-made hardmode GregTech server. Come join the fun. ;]

• Arch, does K1 and K2 configs from first post are synced with server's one?

Tried to connect to K1 using that configs and got:

[17:33:13] [Netty Client IO #4/ERROR] [FML/]: Failed to connect to server: there are 20 missing blocks and items
    [17:33:13] [Netty Client IO #4/DEBUG] [FML/]: Missing list: [appliedenergistics2:tile.BlockGrinder, appliedenergistics2:tile.BlockCrank, appliedenergistics2:item.ToolCertusQuartzPickaxe, appliedenergistics2:item.ToolCertusQuartzAxe, appliedenergistics2:item.ToolNetherQuartzSword, appliedenergistics2:item.ToolCertusQuartzSword, appliedenergistics2:item.ToolNetherQuartzWrench, appliedenergistics2:item.ToolCertusQuartzSpade, appliedenergistics2:item.ToolNetherQuartzPickaxe, appliedenergistics2:item.ToolNetherQuartzCuttingKnife, appliedenergistics2:item.ToolNetherQuartzAxe, appliedenergistics2:item.ToolNetherQuartzSpade, appliedenergistics2:item.ToolCertusQuartzHoe, appliedenergistics2:tile.BlockGrinder, appliedenergistics2:tile.BlockCrank, appliedenergistics2:item.ToolNetherQuartzHoe, Railcraft:firestone.refined, Railcraft:firestone.cut, Railcraft:firestone.cracked, Railcraft:firestone.raw]
    [17:33:13] [Netty Client IO #4/TRACE] [FML/]: $HandshakeAck:{2}->FMLHandshakeClientState$8:ERROR

Deleting config/ folder fixes that issue, but there is another issue with inventories and mismatched stack sizes...

P. S.forge-1.7.10-10.13.3.1428, configs for K3 and K4 works fine.

Sorry, my bad, downgraiding to forge-1.7.10-10.13.3.1401-1710ls fixes that.

• Will the spawnpoint set into the town now it's done and not somewere in the nowere? Otherwise the 'starting town' is somehow missing it's purpose.

Also, do we have advanture mode? Two days back it was off.

The spawnpoint is near the NPC that give you access to the town, and said town is visible from the place the NPC is.
    Also, no adventure mode afaik.

• Official Post

However we should enable forced adventure mode again. It has always been like that and it does increase a tad bit the hardcore aspect. It also have no bugs (and if there are any, greg will fix).
    Else i'll keep digging dirt and sand with my bare hands.

Config setting for Arch: B:forceAdventureMode=false (set to true) at config/GregTech/GregTech.cfg

• While I'd be for adventure mode if I could tweak it and nothing else... I figure I'll give Adventure Mode a chance.

So... Adv mode or not on HK3 ? (Made a poll.)

• I changed the configs for the servers. While you should be able to connect with the old, it never hurts to have the same as the server.

• Kirara allways had adventure mode. And in the last year i never heard anyone complaining about it. There were no issues. And why do now come so many on the server that is meant to be the hardest? All arguments besides 'do not like' so far had wrong informations like 1.8 adv mode knowledge.

• Come try HK3 before trying to force a choice upon us and calling us names. The pack is already fairly difficult as it is, even if it's beta.

I must admit though, being able to dig dirt, sand and clay with your own hands is way too OP. /sarcasm

Also, I don't want to be denied carpenter's blocks tools and chisel usage because of this gamemode.
    On K2 we weren't able to remove a block from its carpenter shape with a shift+leftclick, any interaction using left click was disabled, and changing a chisel block in-world directly was not working, thanks to this "feature".

• Honestly, the pack is difficult enough as it is. Adding this to an already difficult server where we can be chased by 10-20 hard mobs at a time, and then saying "breaking dirt is making it too easy" is hilarious. Especially since some of you saying yes to adventure mode haven't even been on the server yet 0.o

• I never called anyone anything and i never said K3 is too easy. I know it is extremely hard and i expect to die a lot.

But instead of disabling old, proven mechanics, how about balancing the newly added stuff a bit more?

I'm working on it... Don't worry. It'll take time though.

Would you like I came into your mods threads and say : "Hey, how about you hurry up ?"

I'd enable Adventure Mode if it'd be heavily nerfed wrong tool usage. Not disabled. Plus it interferes with features of some mods.

• I'm working on it... Don't worry. It'll take time though.

Would you like I came into your mods threads and say : "Hey, how about you hurry up ?"

I'd enable Adventure Mode if it'd be heavily nerfed wrong tool usage. Not disabled. Plus it interferes with features of some mods.

No, no, i certainly also did not mean you work to slow...

I just meant exactly what i said. Balancing should be done on the new stuff, not the old.

It is also not that i will riot (like others it seems) if i do not get my will. I just want to explain my ideas so others understand me instead of just saying "i want".