Terra Wart is not converting to Nether Wart when over soul sand

• Official Post

There's a bug that the root length is 0, so the soul sand would have to be the tilled dirt. We poked Aroma to fix it, but apparently crops are scary.

By the way, it also goes the otherway round, you can turn Nether Wart into Terra Wart by having snow under it.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Yeah, I knew about the other way around, but that doesn't help me when I have Terra Wart already but no Nether Wart.

I might eventually explore the Nether further for a fortress with Nether Wart, but at the moment, I'm focusing on building up the stats on my Ferru and Aurelia (with help from a GT Portable Scanner), and if some Nether Wart happens to show up while breeding (and drops seeds or at least the Nether Wart item once full grown), I won't have to find a Nether fortress.

• There's a bug that the root length is 0, so the soul sand would have to be the tilled dirt. We poked Aroma to fix it, but apparently crops are scary.

By the way, it also goes the otherway round, you can turn Nether Wart into Terra Wart by having snow under it.

Actually that bug is really easy to fix. @Armoa if you read that. You simply need to Override the function "getrootslength" and return 3 instead of 1 in the Class: "CropTerraWart" and "CropNetherWart"
    that solves the bug and that is it....

(if someone asks why 3? the function itself is checks only the depth you are searching - 1 so if you give him 2 then he only checks his soil not the Block under the soil...)

• Official Post

Aroma doesn't (or at least didn't) understand how they work anyway, which is probably why.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• Aroma doesn't (or at least didn't) understand how they work anyway, which is probably why.

First: It took me maybe 2-4 hours to understand the crops completly every single part (and also how none Random Cropbreeding is),
    Second: You two did discribe very good what is the problem, and since everything coded is writen in english there should be no problem.
    If he goes through this class "ICropTile" he eventually land at a function that will isBlockBelow (or something close to it), when he uses thenJavaSearch with Eclipse/IntelegentIdea on that function
    he eventualy get to one of both ends where he find the problem. Either on the Crop (TileEntity) side or at the Crop (CropCard) side...

^^" Well other thing is that i read a lot of code each day so that i can find/fix stuff like that in minutes...

@Aroma here would be your feedback good.

• Official Post

root length from what I have heard is crop type dependant, which might be why aurelia and ferru can check the blocks below them just fine while terra/netherwart doesn't.

Crops are not random, but theres a ton of RNG on it. Growth, yield and breeding all have some sort of it.

• root length from what I have heard is crop type dependant, which might be why aurelia and ferru can check the blocks below them just fine while terra/netherwart doesn't.

Crops are not random, but theres a ton of RNG on it. Growth, yield and breeding all have some sort of it.

Every crop has his own CropCardClass (some share like flowers), and they simply forgot to extend the root lenght of the cropcard for Nether/Terra Wart.
    Also they should already fix the bug with the Root Lenght because they check (if the root length is bigger then the block depth their searching for... They should make it that it is bigger or Equal then they do not have to make for 2 blocks a 3 blocks root lengh)

Also spawn X you are right there is a lot of Randomness inside of the Breeding code... But it is not so extreme as most people say... i hear from most people i know that they are extremly random at breeding new Crops (not making them better), which is actually wrong. It is about 50% random if you make it right... Else it is 90-100% random...
    Also at the last Update from IC2 Classic i added even a helper config that allow to see which crops are good with for breeding other ones.
    That is none cheat addition because the information i show is already shown in the CropAnalizer and you can see that also only if the cropanalizer gui is already open (in combination with nei)

• Crops are not random, but theres a ton of RNG on it. Growth, yield and breeding all have some sort of it.

Also spawn X you are right there is a lot of Randomness inside of the Breeding code... But it is not so extreme as most people say... i hear from most people i know that they are extremly random at breeding new Crops (not making them better), which is actually wrong. It is about 50% random if you make it right... Else it is 90-100% random...
    Also at the last Update from IC2 Classic i added even a helper config that allow to see which crops are good with for breeding other ones.
    That is none cheat addition because the information i show is already shown in the CropAnalizer and you can see that also only if the cropanalizer gui is already open (in combination with nei)

I think the scarcity of documentation on the actual probabilities might be part of why other people often assume it's completely random. Using NEI (and sometimes addons), one can find probabilities for Forestry bee breeding, byproducts in a GT Universal Macerator, etc., but not for IC2 crops. After privately doing some decompiling of the crop code back in late 2014, I noticed the rule against revealing details found that way, and deleted the program I'd made to figure out crossbreeding chances, but that rule is almost 3.5 years old.

• Official Post

The lack of documentation is because it was banned. Straight out banned if you're not just basing it off your own testing. Thus the available stuff is dodgy as it was based off 1 person's own testing rather than stealing the source like most other things ;)

There is a website to work out the probabilities (after stealing the source) with an explicit message to not post a link here so Alblaka didn't take it down.

I see this too much.

• Official Post

Ok and now for ideots like me again please?
    (Simply did not understand anything)

Alblaka didn't let any source code based crop information exist basically anywhere, which is why all the stuff about crops is vague, it is all people's testing. Testing which without any method of mass automation, are pretty inaccurate. This lead to rumours that it was totally random, even though it's far from it.

I see this too much.

• Alblaka didn't let any source code based crop information exist basically anywhere, which is why all the stuff about crops is vague, it is all people's testing. Testing which without any method of mass automation, are pretty inaccurate. This lead to rumours that it was totally random, even though it's far from it.

ok. Then i should let out my Tutorial video how the Crops work???

• Wait, it's not random ? I know there is a chance for some crops to mutate in others, but some are still random, right ?

• Wait, it's not random ? I know there is a chance for some crops to mutate in others, but some are still random, right ?

Well what you can get is not random and will be set into a list (when you cropbreed), and then it adds a chance to that, and from that list with that chances it pick randomly a crop out of that.
    Every crop has Arguments, (You can see them in Exp only when you analyzed a crop (they are like: "Flower, Red, Rose")), and these get caluclated into the chances...
    ^^"

• I will not explain it now here how crop breeding actually work... I made a video which is crap at least i think that...
    I try to recorde another one and make it better... If i can...