• What would you enjoy more game-wise? 22

1. Remove Plates completely (2) 9%
    2. Only keep plates for reactor components (5) 23%
    3. Keep Plates like they are now (13) 59%
    4. Remove Item Casings completely (6) 27%
    5. Keep Item Casings like they are right now (8) 36%
    6. Keep Item Casings and use them even more in crafting recipes (6) 27%
    7. Other(Reply to this Thread) (1) 5%

What do you guys think about plates and Item casings?
    In my opinion, using plates in crafting recipes is just making it overcomplicated. You used to make things like circuits or mixed metal ingots with iron ingots (and bronze and tin ingots), where now you need plates.
    Using plates doesn't even add to realism.

I quite like the idea with the metal former regarding making cables, so you have a quick way of doing it (cutter), but you also have a more complicated, but more efficient way (metal former).
    I also like the idea of using plates in reactor components, because reactors are supposed to be complicated to set up and maintain.

But I don't like making even the basic stuff soooo complicated by just adding more and more crafting/machine steps required to craft basic things like a circuit or even cables.

What do you guys think about it?

• The Plates are there to prevent Crafting Recipes from colliding with other Mods, and the Item Casings are there because Plates are too expensive in some Recipes.

Well since IC2 has its own recipes since mc 1.4 i think it started (the old 1.4) the other mods should prevent coliding with it. Because the plating bothers also Classic has no problems with RecipeMissmatches (at least from that what i heard/saw) And that uses still the old Recipes.

• Official Post

The difference is between smelting iron and using a hammer. Why is that so complicated?

Going back recipe wise would be awkward now though, as there's things that never used the old crafting recipes as they never existed.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Official Post

Okay did you guys only vote the things which would result in a Rainbow?

Maybe :whistling:

Someone vote to remove plates!

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• Official Post

Perfect :D

No one else vote, or change your vote.

I see this too much.

• Official Post

It's probably why it wasn't changed before. There's always Aroma's addon if you want to go back to ingots.

I see this too much.