[IC2 Exp][1.7.10|1.8.9|1.10.2] Uncomplication, IC2Classic E-Net, IC2Classic Recipes, Old UUMatter... And all of that for IC2Exp.

• Official Post

You want the EnergyNet of IC2Classic or want recipes to be easier, but you want the new Features of IC2Experimental? Then wait no longer. This addon is for you then.
    As the name of this addon says, it UNcomplicates stuff.
    You know that many of the recipes are more complicated than they could be?
    This addon solves this problem. It removes exactly one layer of complication.
    Instead of using iron/copper/bronze/tin plates in recipes, you can just use iron/copper/bronze/tin directly.

I was inspired by this thread to make this addon. It is still proof-of-concept, but it works.

As of Version 0.1.0.0 there is also a config option to replace IC2's E-Net with IC2Classic's E-Net.
    What this means is basically, the Energy Distribution will be exactly as it is in IC2Classic, but you will have all the features of IC2Experimental.
    The E-Net is exactly like the one In Speiger's IC2Classic version. I worked together with him to get this addon working.
    What this means:

• You have energy packets again.
    • Cables vaporize, when you put too high of a voltage through.
    • Machines explode, when you feed them with an improper voltage.
    • Transformers are *not* useless anymore.
    • This also works with addons.

Download for MC 1.10.2.
    Download for MC1.8.9.
    Download the mod now for MC 1.7.10 and try it out.
    Downloads are also available here .

As of version 0.1.0.0 this mod requires Aroma1997Core to run.

Legacy Versions
    Nightly Versions

Bug tracker

Changelog:

License:

Credits:
    Aroma1997 - Code
    Speiger - Code & Letting me use his IC2Classic E-Net-Code.
    The rest of the IC2-Team - Letting me/Speiger use the base of the IC2Classic E-Net

• Great idea Aroma... Really good idea.
    But your solution is not the best... You simply Iterting +2x thorugh the RecipeList only to replace Recipes... That will cause lag. That system will work maybe with less mods but everything else... Do not think so...
    Since it is a IC2 Addon why don't you simply override the RecipeData inside every Recipe (for 1 time) and then have no longer problems?
    Also OreDictionary can help with addons...

• Official Post

But your solution is not the best...

. It is still proof-of-concept

Since it is a IC2 Addon why don't you simply override the RecipeData inside every Recipe

When I override the recipe input and the recipe is conflicting with something else, there will be a problem. This way however, the default recipes will still be in place in case the recipe I create conflicts with something. I also made sure this recipe is always lowest priority, so in case it conflicts with something, the other recipe will be taken since there will be an alternative recipe for what this one would produce (the original one).

• Well then make recipeHolder that contains Recipes with the Items you want to override.
    And then you can make in the check, if it is working with the new Objects you want to have and if not then you try with the old ones...
    At least try avoid looping through the Intire list... (there are mods out that do not stop when there is a matching recipe found)

• Official Post

Bug - You're not hurt from standing on or near uninsulated cables when EU's flowing through them.

Feature - You should add all the old cable back too so we've got a choice for how much insulation can go on gold and iron cables.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

Edited once, last by Chocohead ().

• Bug - You're not hurt from standing on or near uninsulated cables when EU's flowing through them.

Feature - You should add all the old cable back too so we've got a choice for how much insulation can go on gold and iron cables.

Thats not a bug of the EnergyNet... Experimental cables itself say in their code simply that there is no way to even create damage...
    Simply its like they are always perfectly isulated...

• Official Post

The point of this addon is to bring the old E-Net back. The old cables or so would require a block, which I don't intend to add to this Addon. If another addon wants to add them, they can do so freely due to E-Net supporting the Experimental API. (At this point, thanks to Speiger again.

• Official Post

The block IDs for them are still there, but it seems like there's some converting code to turn 3->4 and 6+7->8. Unless the IDs have been overridden to just replicate each other. If there is just conversion code, surely is could be overridden to do nothing?

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• Official Post

That would be hacky though...

You've replaced the entire E-net, I don't think one little wire hack would be very major.

On a totally different matter, EU-Detector cables don't update when EU stops flowing through them.

I see this too much.

• You've replaced the entire E-net, I don't think one little wire hack would be very major.

On a totally different matter, EU-Detector cables don't update when EU stops flowing through them.

A override would be not that hard... But fixing IC2 Exp would be easier (since it has to be done anyways)

To that other bug. That is a problem with the differences of the Old and New one:
    Old: Document how much energy did flow though the Link at all.
    New: Document how much energy did flow for 1 tick and then set it back to 0 (in the beginning for the next tick).

• Official Post

You've replaced the entire E-net, I don't think one little wire hack would be very major.

Replaceing that mechanic would either require a lot of work or a lot of ASM hackery. The first one I try to avoid, because it means a lot of work, the second one I try to avoid, because it is (in most cases) avoidable, not proper work and causes problems.
    The only hack I did with IC2 was, I ASM'd one single Annotation in the code. That's it. I wouldn't even consider that a big hack.

When I thaught about EU Detector cables, I was 99% sure, they wouldn't work. Not only because of the EU mechanics change, but also because of the Multi-Packet support the Classic E-Net has.

• Official Post

Replaceing that mechanic would either require a lot of work or a lot of ASM hackery. The first one I try to avoid, because it means a lot of work, the second one I try to avoid, because it is (in most cases) avoidable, not proper work and causes problems.
    The only hack I did with IC2 was, I ASM'd one single Annotation in the code. That's it. I wouldn't even consider that a big hack.

You've finished school, if you're not set tasks to make your mind think it'll melt away.

When I thaught about EU Detector cables, I was 99% sure, they wouldn't work. Not only because of the EU mechanics change, but also because of the Multi-Packet support the Classic E-Net has.

I take it that it's impossible to fix without changing things in IC2 itself (and upsetting Player)?

I see this too much.

• When I thaught about EU Detector cables, I was 99% sure, they wouldn't work. Not only because of the EU mechanics change, but also because of the Multi-Packet support the Classic E-Net has.

Nope that would be not a problem. Because the MultiPackets happen at one tick and will be documented only as 1 EnergyPacket for the EU DetectorCable... If you look at the getNodeStats function that the EU Detector cable calls you will see that this is simply collecting only all sended energy and not each packet...
    If the old system would store Ever Energy Packet seperatly then it would cause a memory leak....