[IC2 Exp|IC2 Classic][1.7.10] Crop Nei Plugin

• Official Post

The first thing I could think of that fit the MCBBS acronym :P

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• I'm pretty sure MCBBS is the (unofficial) Chinese Minecraft Forums.

Help the Official FTB Wiki reach a billion pages! [I had to keep changing it so there ^^]

Someone should fix the gravel texture in the background. It's been years now, come on people.

• Special Textures&Special Icons nope... I have an API which he can use..
    I told him already about that... (Before i made this post here i think even)

But Chance calculation is default supporting every mod that is using the IC2 Crop API.

I'm considering making a pull request for GT5e to add support for the special icons and requirements display. I've got it tentatively working in a local copy (using the downloaded zip; I haven't forked yet), but I added a copy of ICropCardInfo.java to the GT5e source, which I'm guessing isn't the preferred way of doing it. However, when I tried to change the gradle script (which I'm no expert with, I'll admit) to pull the jar from the GitHub release link automatically, it got an HTTP 403 (Forbidden). Can someone help me with this?

Side question: why were tiny dust images used for Cyprium, Plumbiscus, Shining, and Stagnium, when ingot images were used for Aurelia and Ferru?

• I'm considering making a pull request for GT5e to add support for the special icons and requirements display.

Ok. Which side. on IC2 CropPlugin or on GT?
    Because if i should implement it then you should tell me which classes i need or if i can do it without gt source.

I've got it tentatively working in a local copy (using the downloaded zip; I haven't forked yet), but I added a copy of ICropCardInfo.java to the GT5e source, which I'm guessing isn't the preferred way of doing it.

That is fine. The API class will not change in the near future of 1.7.x The mod is actually done in that version.

However, when I tried to change the gradle script (which I'm no expert with, I'll admit) to pull the jar from the GitHub release link automatically, it got an HTTP 403 (Forbidden). Can someone help me with this

Well the problem is i do not have a maven... So i can not really help out with that. Keeping the class in the jar should be fine since the api does not change in the same MC version anymore (does not count for other versions)

Side question: why were tiny dust images used for Cyprium, Plumbiscus, Shining, and Stagnium, when ingot images were used for Aurelia and Ferru?

Good question... Well when i updated it i was not sure what to use so i decided to use the main CropDrops. So people would have a reference what they would get. It was actually the same system which i used for all others... (Some exlusions) So yeah...

Also by the way you could write a submod for that if you really wanted to. Since its requireing only a interface and you could register that in the Main API Since you can load data outside of the CropSystem. You just need to reference the Crops you are supporting..

• Ok. Which side. on IC2 CropPlugin or on GT?
    Because if i should implement it then you should tell me which classes i need or if i can do it without gt source.

On GT side. I hadn't realized my statement was ambiguous about that detail.

Well the problem is i do not have a maven... So i can not really help out with that. Keeping the class in the jar should be fine since the api does not change in the same MC version anymore (does not count for other versions)

Actually, I tried to set it up as an Ivy repository, since others already in GT had artifactPatterns, which I figured I could easily tweak for the url to the crop plugin jar. However, that caused it to try to access libraries.minecraft.net for it, as well as perform a "HEAD" operation instead of a "GET" operation on the crop plugin jar, which is what got the 403.

Also by the way you could write a submod for that if you really wanted to. Since its requireing only a interface and you could register that in the Main API Since you can load data outside of the CropSystem. You just need to reference the Crops you are supporting..

Given that GT_BaseCrop already has fields for the material needed below and for the drops, I think making a submod would actually be more difficult.

• On GT side. I hadn't realized my statement was ambiguous about that detail.

I was simply unsure and wanted it replied...

Actually, I tried to set it up as an Ivy repository, since others already in GT had artifactPatterns, which I figured I could easily tweak for the url to the crop plugin jar. However, that caused it to try to access libraries.minecraft.net for it, as well as perform a "HEAD" operation instead of a "GET" operation on the crop plugin jar, which is what got the 403.

Speigers brain did shut off.... Yeah whatever. I did not really understand that (lack of knowledge to understand that (please do not try to explain. I get the point))

Given that GT_BaseCrop already has fields for the material needed below and for the drops, I think making a submod would actually be more difficult.

xD Well its what i do for classic and Exp. So yeah... Little side note: You can not use a %n for next line in text (that will be a 1.9 feature)

• Not possible it could make the mc/server loading time up to GT players. Since i cant generate the data fast enough...
    JEI is to limited in adding recipes...
    Else i would have implemented it into classic.

• You can't even implement the crop calculator in 1.10.2? I guess that's not really a big deal. Unlike the AgriCraft author, I don't mind experimenting a bit to see what I can get from crossbreeding.

• Official Post

You can't even implement the crop calculator in 1.10.2? I guess that's not really a big deal.

You can, the logic hasn't changed from 1.7. The difference is because JEI wants all the recipes it shows to be defined at game startup, all the combinations have to be worked out then rather than as it was running like NEI allowed you to do. Or at least that's what Speiger seems to be getting stuck with.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• You can't even implement the crop calculator in 1.10.2? I guess that's not really a big deal. Unlike the AgriCraft author, I don't mind experimenting a bit to see what I can get from crossbreeding.

The calculator in itself? Yeah i could but i wont add that since most people wont use that kind of thing since you need to have a item to get it and it doesnt give you the best combo.
    And Agricraft is so simple that it takes no time to calculate... IC2 Crops are so complex that you can have a lot of cases to calculate.
    Its basicly a EnderIO AlloyFurnace.

You can, the logic hasn't changed from 1.7. The difference is because JEI wants all the recipes it shows to be defined at game startup, all the combinations have to be worked out then rather than as it was running like NEI allowed you to do. Or at least that's what Speiger seems to be getting stuck with.

Chocohead its not like that i can use the FMLPostInit event to start the loading thread if that would be possible then no problem... But i have to use the onLoadFInished event so that i get done as soon its done. And the calculation amount is really big and the sorting for duplicates to be removed is also not something that goes fast...
    And that would do the loading time really long or you wouldnt be able to load since i would have to lock the game until my stuff is beeing processed which basicly doesnt allow you to load worlds or join servers for that matter...

• Since it's not possible to calculate all combinations on 1.10, why not make a simplified version that at least shows what you can get and a few more information that are just stored somewhere (like a database, a file, etc.) and load the information from there. I don't know what exactly it can show it 1.7.10, never played there but a bit more info about crops would be nice. I know what I can breed and how from reading tons of 1.7.10 crop guides, not everyone does that.

Daenara

• Since it's not possible to calculate all combinations on 1.10, why not make a simplified version that at least shows what you can get and a few more information that are just stored somewhere (like a database, a file, etc.) and load the information from there. I don't know what exactly it can show it 1.7.10, never played there but a bit more info about crops would be nice. I know what I can breed and how from reading tons of 1.7.10 crop guides, not everyone does that.

Daenara

That would defeat the purpose of the plugin, which is to be able to calculate combinations for the current version of ic2 (which might have added crops since last check) and any addons (such as GT) that add their own crops. However, in 1.7.10 it allowed up to 4 parents. If limiting it to 2 parents would allow it to run in a reasonable time, I could accept that (personally, I'm doubtful that crossing two different plants will produce a higher weight for a certain target crop than crossing two of the same crop; if I'm right, the usefulness of calculating with extra parents is limited, but I'll admit I haven't checked).

• Well, it is great that it calculates them, but it would be by far better if you have to get precalculated files for every new version and can look them up ingame instead of not getting them. If the mod itself can only show precalculated files, one can just use a mod or a small applet that calculates the stuff either from minecraft startup or from the jars of the mods and when the files are generated, one can just remove the mod until the next upgrade. That way there is one long startup every mod update, and otherwise it's fast.

• MauveCloud i may update the mod to 1.10.2 but not as addon anymore.
    If its going to be updated then it will be intigrated into ic2c.

Because the calculation time would be way much reduced since i can process the caluclations while the game loads and the crops get registered, and i dont have to wait until the game is 99% loaded and then process the stuff.

And on top of them i have kinda no interest in supporting IC2Exp anymore in that regard.

That maybe for a dumb or dull reason but its going not to change xD