[AddOn v1.43/v1.64] Advanced Machines V3.2 Beta 2

• Official Post

So playing with this a bit -- First -- I LOVE IT! Great work :). One bug found so far:

Buildcraft pipes don't work with items going INTO the machine. Regardless of the pipe going into the Top, Bottom, or Side, it always tries to put items in the output slot.

Wooden pipes on the side DO pull from the output slot, so thats good :).

Note that if the Output slot is occupied, items filter into the battery slot next.

Typically buildcraft has items work like so :

Pipe into the top - Top input slot (Where you'd put items here)
    Pipe into the bottom - Bottom input slot (Battery)
    Pipe on the side - Output slot.

• when I tried to load your patch it crashed the game

I currently have a shit-ton of mods downloaded including:
    IC (obviously)
    BC
    BTW
    EE
    RP
    Pfaef Allocator
    Factory Craft
    Recipe Book
    Spawner GUI
    Electric Fishing Pole
    Extra Build Craft Pipes
    and maybe some more that I am forgetting

• Thanks The rotary macerator is working well now. Everyone please make sure to download the latest version of java, even if it isn't Java SE.

Now could someone make a patch that allows the macerator to work with BC pipes and adds two output slots.

• I think the recipe should be more like:

Diamond block= Adv Machine
    Iron Block=Macerator
    Iron= Refined Iron (blades)
    Gold= Tin( or some other base material)
    Redstone = redstone (or said base material if you like that better)

Also, does it have sound? it should use a loud whiiiiirrrr! or sped up macerator sound.

• Official Post

Sorry for the delay, but I've been looking into the Buildcraft issue.

First off, Ket, I bow before you. Thanks. I knew it was probably simple, but I wasn't looking in the right places.

I'm going to make this a V1.0 despite the Buildcraft issue. It will be priority #1 though. The problem seems to be that the wooden pipes see the rotary macerator as a generic inventory, similar to a chest. Once I figure out how to make it read it as a three-slot (furnace-like) inventory, the problem should resolve itself.

• not work for me
    Rotary Macerator tidak berjalan

i use mod :

• It doesn't work well, I mean there is nothing in the outside slot when the macerator finished his work and the progress line filling again and again indefinitely, so he can't finish at least 1 coal, for example. ;(

• Official Post

It doesn't work well, I mean there is nothing in the outside slot when the macerator finished his work and the progress line filling again and again indefinitely, so he can't finish at least 1 coal, for example. ;(

I apologize again. I was having a field day with the code last night. All bugs should be fixed in the V1.1 update including the Buildcraft compatibility. Enjoy.

• Hello !

Very good job with this mod ! It will be very useful in my automated factories. But how can I change the ID used by the block ? It conflicts with the IDs I set for Better Than Wolves blocks (which I changed because of conflicts with IC...) ?

Thanks

• Hello !

Very good job with this mod ! It will be very useful in my automated factories. But how can I change the ID used by the block ? It conflicts with the IDs I set for Better Than Wolves blocks (which I changed because of conflicts with IC...) ?

Thanks

You can change the ID of Rotary Block by changing it in the IC2Rotary.cfg wich is in .minecraft\config directory.

• You can change the ID of Rotary Block by changing it in the IC2Rotary.cfg wich is in .minecraft\config directory.

I saw the file, but it's empty and I don't know the name of the property used to set the ID :S

• I saw the file, but it's empty and I don't know the name of the property used to set the ID :S

All people dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in
    the dusty recesses of their mind, wake in the morning to find
    that it was vanity. But the dreamers of the day are dangerous people,
    for they dream their dreams with open eyes, and make them come true.
    --T.E. Lawrence

• this is a smaller version of my factory thanks to your wonderful rotary macerator. there was 27 macerators, now replaced with a mere 3 that works perfectly with BC. by the way 3 rotary macerators at 10k rpm with a semi-continuous stream of things to mace will make your DMF poo itself after a couple minutes. and the alchemical chest next to it will double poo itself since steam engine and up don't work like they should on normal chest, ie still only pulls out 1 at a time. i wonder if that's fix in the new version of EE, this is probably a BC thing, or maybe if the time watch thing will unpoo the DMF.

• Official Post

I have to say Zippenus you have my full respect since you were able to work through those bugs within a day.

Night, actually. I looked into the code for the IC Pump and Miner and identified my problem:

Code
    super(5, 1, maxSpeed, 128);

Buildcraft checks the first number to identify what kind of container it is. There are four choices: 2-slot, 3-slot, generic(chest), and ISpecialInventory. The first two are identified if the number is equal to 2 or 3 respectively. The third is for other numbers and the last is Buildcraft code that needs to be implemented elsewhere in the tileentity file. To fix my problem I changed the code to:

Code
    super(3, 1, maxSpeed, 128)

This made Buildcraft see this as a 3-slot inventory, similar to a furnace. This also means that until I can reliably recompile the Buildcraft source alongside Industrialcraft, I will not be implementing a dual output. I do apologize for that, though if you want, I can make the dual slot an option. Meaning you either get Buildcraft compatibility, or dual outputs.

• This is definitely a great addon that should be added to IC2, because it adds another use for the advanced machine block. But I wouldn't mind if the other machines had advanced versions as well.