Open Blocks Compatibility.

• Hi, I'm new and I don't really know where I should post this, So I will post this here {sorry about it if it is a bad place}.
    I wanted to ask if it is possible for the DEVs to add in the PUMP the ability to use the Open Blocks Tank just like if it was a cell.
    In case this sound i little unbalanced since they can carry 16X a single cell can, then what about some kind of Upgrade that enables that, like the transformer upgrades enable higher tier batteries, or maybe a new machine designed to support tanks {in item form} as intake and be connectible to a pump in order for its contents to be extracted. pretty much like a docking station, however with a GUI and the slot to be used like item and have upgrades like item pulling and ejector.

• I haven't used OpenBlocks, but I find no documentation to indicate that an OpenBlocks tank is capable of storing fluid when carried in item form rather than placed as a block, so I'm not sure adding such an ability to the pump would even work (it would need some changes in the OpenBlocks mod as well).

Using a fluid ejector upgrade, I'd expect it to already be possible to output from a pump into an adjacent placed OpenBlocks tank. I'm not sure either IC2 or OpenBlocks has anything for transferring from a placed OpenBlocks tank to an IC2 pump, though.

• Official Post

You can probably face the pump towards the tank and pump out of it like that, at least the pump should be able to do that and it's a bug somewhere if it can't.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• I have tested it myself, and that's maybe why Lion actually went on and posted this, and they do store fluid in item form. A tank, regardless of how much fluid is in it can be picked up without losing any of the contents. Furthermore all tanks that have the same amount of the same fluid stack up to 64 in the inventory, making it possible to squeeze 16 stacks of cells in 1 stack of tanks for transport by player, minecart, item pipes, etc. The pump can take or add( with the fluid ejector upgrade) to an adjacent tank but what he wants is to use the tanks directly as cells inside the pump, without having to put them next to it.

• I have tested it myself, and that's maybe why Lion actually went on and posted this, and they do store fluid in item form. A tank, regardless of how much fluid is in it can be picked up without losing any of the contents. Furthermore all tanks that have the same amount of the same fluid stack up to 64 in the inventory, making it possible to squeeze 16 stacks of cells in 1 stack of tanks for transport by player, minecart, item pipes, etc. The pump can take or add( with the fluid ejector upgrade) to an adjacent tank but what he wants is to use the tanks directly as cells inside the pump, without having to put them next to it.

Exactly.