[AddOn v1.15] Advanced Solar Panel 1.2

• srry i still dont understand listening to the other people

Is it 1.23 compatible ?
    if not, will it be ?
    if so, where can i get the 1.23 one ?

• why dont change the file names then to 1.23, so its easyer for everyone, cuz it says 1.15

seriously? You have a brain, use it... look at the original post author, look at the person who did the fix.
    the original post author isn't around to edit his post.

• I think that it should be able to produce a tiny bit of power from artificial light and more EU's from moonlight. Also to balance out the alternate recipe with the solar panels I think there should be uninsulated gold wire or uninsulated copper wire where the fiber optic cables are on the normal recipe. This would make it more balanced.

• seriously? You have a brain, use it... look at the original post author, look at the person who did the fix.
    the original post author isn't around to edit his post.

Physician, heal thyself... he was speaking about the filename for the FIX, which still says 1.15 and is, no doubt, contributing to the confusion and the needless questions.

I can understand how it might be easier to be snarky than helpful, but if that's the road you're taking, please at least understand what you're talking about. ;)

• sweet mod. ive always wanted another tier to some of the renewable energy sources. perhaps even another tier that produces a little bit more EU but would cost alot of expensive materials like :Iridium: :MFS-Unit: :Matter: plus with the add-on that converts EU into buildcraft energy i could easily make massive quarries that span over several chunks... id just have to wait that out XD anyways epic add-on

• Hi Guys !

Now i finished working for fix bug's in SMP mode and updating this Addon.

Big thanks:
    + "icedfire" for great Addon.
    + "arsenic87" for tmpFix to 1.23 and SMP mode.
    + "Player" for support IC coding

What changed in new release:
    - fixed bug with textures in SMP
    - fixed bug with GUI in SMP
    - fixed bug conflict with mod_Planes
    + Now you can setup in server config ID, Day gen, Night gen (Max value 16 for day, 8 per Night)
    + Changed default value for Day generation to 8 (old 11)
    + changed Storage value to 32000 (old value is 16000)
    + changed energy out to 128 (old 512)
    + changed crafting recipe (it's more expensive now)

Crafting recipe:
    ============================================

PRP
    ISI
    AMC

P - Carbon Plate
    R - Reinforced Glass
    I - Iridium
    S - Solar Panel
    A - Advanced Circuit
    M - Advanced Machine
    C - Red Crystal (discharged)
    ============================================

And last. Our engineer give lifetime warranty to this panel :D
    Sorry for my bad english :)

• Thanks for your work on the mod - but seriously? 14 UU-M (and a diamond!) for a device that pulls 8 EU/t? I guess it goves me something to do with my extra UU-M but it seems expensive. It'd almost be cheaper to make a reactor.

• Thanks for your work on the mod - but seriously? 14 UU-M (and a diamond!) for a device that pulls 8 EU/t? I guess it goves me something to do with my extra UU-M but it seems expensive. It'd almost be cheaper to make a reactor.

yeah... reinforced glass in place of the iridium seems more balanced to me. The one picture seems way to expensive.

• Thanks for your work on the mod - but seriously? 14 UU-M for a device that pulls 8 EU/t? I guess it goves me something to do with my extra UU-M but it seems expensive. It'd almost be cheaper to make a reactor.

Maybe cheaper, but you need uran and often to change used cells. If you think what 8 eu is to small, you can change value in config file. UU-M not problem with cactus farm and recyclers. Free energy generators must to be expensive for crafting, but it's work lifetime and no need to service.

• No matter what I try or do, I cannot get a sprite for the advanced solar panels. Now using Temp fix 5. Couldn't get them with tf3 either. Ideas?
    Thanks.

• Thanks for the update, looks great! Is there a possibility of a bukkit compatible version?

• Maybe cheaper, but you need uran and often to change used cells. If you think what 8 eu is to small, you can change value in config file. UU-M not problem with cactus farm and recyclers. Free energy generators must to be expensive for crafting, but it's work lifetime and no need to service.

I pull up at least 1-2 uranium every time I send my miner down a hole. Considering the cost of each mining operation, the uranium is a freebie and pays for itself.

As for "free energy generators must be expensive"? That's your opinion and I do not share it. The opportunity cost is too high. And I'm not going to justify the balance of your mod based on what I "could do" with another mod like BuildCraft (which I feel no need to use).

To make a long story short, a crafted item should be able to stand on its own in terms of performance and cost, without resorting to editing the config or using another third-party mod. Think about the energy cost to generate 14 UU-M (even with scrap) and then do the math and see how long ONE of your solars has to run to pay for the cost of the iridium that went into it. The answer is: THREE HOURS. That may not seem like a lot to you, but it's longer than a reactor cycle and it's about 18 Minecraft days.

I'd be better off saving the power that went into the UU-M and using that instead. I'm sure you thought it was a great idea but anyone who takes the time to analyze the cost-to-benefit ratio will soon see that they're throwing their mats and power into a hole.

• Before adding this expensive recipe i ask all players on my server about it. 80% players agree with it. But in my server i setup output day power at 10 eu (output also as GeoGen). For generate 14 UU-M (with scrap) i use Nuclear Reactor and 1 UranIgnot. For create scrap may use cobblestone generator with Miner and Diamond Drill + OD Scaner).