[Tileset] Shadow's Sleek and Shiny 16x [3S] [RELEASED! GET IT!]

• As for #1, in the source code itself you can set all 6 sides of a block's textures, hence the issue I'm hitting where I'll have to make a tileset that's just the base tileset amped up, and a "mod for a mod" version that is recompiled source with my modified changes.

If you're refering to the sprites array then the numbers don't all represent individual faces, the order is:
    - Inactive bottom
    - Inactive top
    - Inactive sides/back
    - Inactive front
    - Active bottom
    - Active top
    - Active sides/back
    - Active front

The value for these can be changed without overwriting IC's class files, howeverto seperate the back and side textures would probably need you mod IC's file directly.

• Oh really? That's awesome, I could deal with the same texture on Front/Back for most I figure.

How would I go about setting the sprite array for each individual machine?

Still remember the convo ending with "No, stop bugging me, cables transmitting energy are totally not possible! Use the batterys."

• Here's two files:

IC2 Retexture is a texture pack. If you want to add this to an existing pack, you'll have to copy the ic2 folder within this file and put it into the existing texture pack.

mod_IC2ReTex A quick mod placed into the mods folder that tells IC2 to use the new textures, the source code is in there too.

Thanks a ton man =D

I just finished tweaking them all to the new standard of sides/back being the same, and finished the Miner/Pump.

Still remember the convo ending with "No, stop bugging me, cables transmitting energy are totally not possible! Use the batterys."

• This is cool I think ill use it

Have a nice day! Einen schönen Tag noch! Buona giornata! Passez une bonne journée! 有一個很好的一天!素敵な一日を! Хорошего дня!

• so how would i go about using these sprites?

When I get around to finishing the set they will be available for download and implementation =P

Basically I work on the tileset during the week when I'm at work, I've got a lot to do on a lot of projects and IRL has gotten heavy so I can't give a proper window of release.

• Here's two files:

IC2 Retexture is a texture pack. If you want to add this to an existing pack, you'll have to copy the ic2 folder within this file and put it into the existing texture pack.

mod_IC2ReTex A quick mod placed into the mods folder that tells IC2 to use the new textures, the source code is in there too.

Awesome! I was wondering if this was possible, thank you!

• this is an awesome texture. it's amazing how much details you got in just 16x16. really cool to see each machine having all unique sides.

Yea I'm not a fan of the flat iron sides, I prefer the detailed unique ones.

• Yea I'm not a fan of the flat iron sides, I prefer the detailed unique ones.

I really like your designs.

Default textures make reskinning a bit problematic at times if you don't wish to touch class files.
    We have 7 basic shared textures: Iron Machine (iron texture) bottom, side and top, Refined Machine (bluish iron texture) bottom, side and top and Advanced Machine.
    Most machines use those. Iron and Electro Furnaces are iron coloured and rest are bluish.

Side covers all 4 sides unless otherwise noted (front texture for example)

Electro Furnace has own front (On and Off)
    Canning Machine has own front (On and Off)
    Macerator has own front (single texture) and top (On and Off)
    Extractor has own front (On and Off) and sides (On and Off)
    Pump uses Extractor front at sides
    Electrolyzer uses Extractor side at sides
    Compressor has own top (single texture) and front (On and Off)
    Recycler uses compressor textures, but has own top (single texture)
    Miner has own sides (single texture) and bottom (single texture)
    Electro Furnace has own front (On and Off) and uses Advanced Machine as top

Mass Fabricator uses Recycler top as front, Ectractor side at sides and Advanced Machine as top
    Terraformer has own side (single texture) and uses Advanced Machine as top
    Tesla Coil has own single texture for all sides
    Teleporter uses Tesla Coil as top and Advanced Machine as sides

Generator and Geothermal have own front (On and Off)
    Solar has own top (single texture)
    Wind Mill has own side (single texture) (uses default for front and back)
    Water Mill has own side (single texture)
    Nuclear Reactor has own side (On and Off) and top (single texture)
    Reactor chamber has own side (single texture)

For example texturing Nuclear Reactor that is completely hidden by chambers is a bit frustrating since you are left with static Chamber side, and normal top and bottom textures :/

I would like if Chamber shared texture with Reactor indicating if it was running or not and most importantly share some Cerenkov Radiation <3 Static texture for that wouldn't fit

• I'm going to go ahead and note this, because the sheer amount of PMs I am getting pertaining to it.

I currently have no plans to do a 32x, 64x, 128x, or 256x version of this tileset. I am a pixel artist, not a full graphics artist, such a design would look atrocious for me. The main reason my tileset is possible to begin with is because of the fact its 16x. That and I barely have the time/motivation to do the 16x alone, nonetheless double/triple/quadruple/wtf my workload.

So for now, don't get your hopes up, I seriously don't plan on doing a higher rez version. You can enjoy it in its base 16x, because if I finish that I'd be proud to begin with.

I mean no offense or hostility, I just need to quiet the PMs.

Edit: To note, you can make a higher rez version out of my finished tileset when its done if you wish, I won't stop you. Just please give credit where credit is due and link back to this thread.

• My apologies everyone, Dungeon Defenders came out yesterday and in what was supposed to be a short play session ended up being 5 hours.. next thing I knew I had to be in bed for work in the morning.

Will attempt to get this working tonight for you guys, my sincerest apologies.

• I would be willing to give a hand at making HD versions.

It's the idea of playing with atomic power, I am not perfect, same as any other human. Therefor, human = mistakes, mistakes = bad things, bad things + atomic fusion = very bad things. :cursing: :Nuke TNT: :cursing:

GO GREEN!

• I would be willing to give a hand at making HD versions.

Anyone's more than welcome to make an HD version using mine as a base, as long as they relink to this thread and give credit where credit is due for the original. I just barely have the time to work on this one, nonetheless a higher rez =(

• Are there any recommended texture packs to use with these? Just trying to find one to use ever since OptiFine and Forge became "friends."

• How do I install this? the link to block_0.png has 63 custom textures but the link to IC2_retexture has less.Witch one do i use? :huh:

when I use the alpha 2 all the textures are pink , but when i use the texture pack link i dont get all the textures O_o.It's too much of a hassle to change the textures using the source code in the mod that is provided in the op.there should be like a .properties file or something -_-

• I'm trying to figure out exactly how to get it working properly, the download link from Talon is an older version.

I'll be home in three hours and look into figuring it out, will have to harass Talon to explain xD

• Oh, Thank you :)

i got really confused xD

oh btw: I love the blue radiation <3

edit: forgot to ask: will it work wit the advanced machines addon ? (Rotary macerator , singularity compressor , centrefuge extracor).asking because i only use those atm.

edit2: gah, my brain is like a mess.will you be doing the items too? (ingot textures , tools etc.?)

• Pester me, eh? ;)

For the files I posted orinally:
    - The mod file sits in the .minecraft/mods folder, thats all that needs to be done with that file.

- The 'Texture pack' file can be placed into MC texture pack folder OR you can open the zip file and copy the ic2 folder into your prefered texture pack file.

I've been trying to figure out ways to store the modified textures in the mod file (and thus remove the hassle with messing with texture packs). So far, I've not found a solusion.

The source code provided is merely for reference for other modders, it does not need to be altered or compiled.