[Tileset] Shadow's Sleek and Shiny 16x [3S] [RELEASED! GET IT!]

• I love Industrialcraft, and realize that a lot of work has been put into it. However its tileset leaves.. a lot to be desired. I have a hatred for the Iron Ingot texture, which it appears a lot of the machines were based on.

So I went through and created my own tileset for it, this was done mostly in boredom at work, with a lot of time invested in it.

=Screenshots=

=Special Thanks=
    Talonius - Not doable at all without his help, he put up with my constant harassment for weeks
    Warbaque - Random help in IRC and frequent feedback, a major help towards the tileset
    Player - For implementing the new texture system in 1.20 after listening to us argue about it, also for adding active states to energy storage/transformers ;) <3
    Al - For his awesome mod

=Download Link=
    http://forum.industrial-craft.…d3f02d43b1a8c2250099c3da2

=Known Issues=
    -Copper Cables have weird textures on one of their faces, not sure how to fix that =/

=To Do=
    -Mass Fabricator
    -Terraformer
    -Transformers/Energy Storage
    -Personal Chest/Sell o Matics
    -Any Cable past Copper
    -Redo of similar machines
    -Someday Buildcraft and Minefactory skins to match the rest

=Installation=
    -Have IC 1.2 or higher
    -Drop into Texturepacks Folder
    -Select it at menu
    -ENJOY!

=Contact Info and Donations=
    I'll keep track of this thread daily so post here all you want, I'll try to address concerns, comments, criticisms, etc.

If you wish to donate (even $1 is nice) you can drop it in my Paypal at Shadowclaimer2@gmail.com!

• Well, for me to use it, it would probably need to be HD since I use a lot of HD packs.

I do really like the progress so far, good luck.

Thank you.

For those asking why the Nuclear Reactor is blue, i based it on Cerenkov Radiation which has a blue glow (due to water cooling). Blue also looks sexier.

Still remember the convo ending with "No, stop bugging me, cables transmitting energy are totally not possible! Use the batterys."

• Great textures, thanks!
    Be sure to have these textures when you finish work. =)

My only fear is that i may have to recompile the source code for IC with modifications to allow these tiles to be active, considering most of these devices have different tile layouts than the current ingame versions. I might do two versions of the tileset, one a "replacement" tileset where you just override your current one, and the blocks would look different than my examples, and the other is a modification to IC that adds the new look as designated.

Still remember the convo ending with "No, stop bugging me, cables transmitting energy are totally not possible! Use the batterys."

• My only fear is that i may have to recompile the source code for IC with modifications to allow these tiles to be active, considering most of these devices have different tile layouts than the current ingame versions. I might do two versions of the tileset, one a "replacement" tileset where you just override your current one, and the blocks would look different than my examples, and the other is a modification to IC that adds the new look as designated.

Not entirely sure that would be needed, considering that these are a hi-res pack for IC2's tilesets, right? If that is the case, then the moment that OptiFine and Forge finally work out their differences, it wouldn't be too hard to use these, I don't think. Correct me if I'm wrong, please.

Oh, also wanted to say that I agree with you, the blue for the Nuclear Reactor is damn sexy.

• Yeah the blue cerenkov radiation Reactor thing might just be the coolest thing you've ever done ^^ (blueeeeeeeeee) ... I'll so use this text pack when it's finished :thumbup:

• Haha I love you guys, glad to see I'm not the only one who finds that badass xD

As much as I love the age old green glow of radiation, the blue glow is sooo nice looking!

I also hope I don't have to recompile or anything, but considering that the textures for each side of the cubes will be different I'll have to probably end up releasing this as a mod for IC =(

• This looks pretty sweet

We ourselves feel that what we are doing is just a drop in the ocean. But the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.

• I've been testing way of getting custom textures into IC2 and so far I've found two possible limitations:

1. The sides and back all use the same texture.
    2. The top and bottom textures no not rotate to face the front of the machine.

I'll be trying to see how to get these textures into the game and if it turns out sucessful I'll post how I did it in detail.

• I've been testing way of getting custom textures into IC2 and so far I've found two possible limitations:

1. The sides and back all use the same texture.
    2. The top and bottom textures no not rotate to face the front of the machine.

I'll be trying to see how to get these textures into the game and if it turns out sucessful I'll post how I did it in detail.

Thank you, the second point I was afraid of, however I can just rotate the tile appropriately.

As for #1, in the source code itself you can set all 6 sides of a block's textures, hence the issue I'm hitting where I'll have to make a tileset that's just the base tileset amped up, and a "mod for a mod" version that is recompiled source with my modified changes.