[Addon V1.112]Modular Force Field System Version 2.2.8.3.6 (SSP/SMP)

• So in that case, this will still be around 10% the efficiency per block of the old IC1 force field.

Actually, I think that the efficiancy per block for the old IC forcefield was interesting, as it went up with the size, since the radius was approximately proportional to the power input, and the block count was basically the surface area of the *sphere*

• How does the coding algorithm for this force field actually work? How does the code check to see if an entity (player, monster, etc) has approached the field boundary? Does it check block by block to see if an entity is there or some other method?

• @ Ranakastrasz it is not my endeavor in such to create a force field like IC1. I think the IC2 make it self in IC2. If I get a clear NO from the IC2 team, I will extend my addon to a Sphere Field.
    I currently use my addon for bridge,doors, walls ... not surround areas such as the IC1 ForceField...

@ BrickedKeyboard: It is made very easy ... The block field consists of blocks as real can do not pass it. The Defence Field also consists of blocks is surrounded by a Sphere. All living in the Sphere is written in a list and gets hurt by the rows.

• Ok, so if this were an SMP mod, what exactly would the code do every tick?

Would it iterate over every single block in the wall or sphere to check if the block is missing, every tick, all the time? That is the reason the IC1 shield failed miserably. The algorithm is so inefficient it killed the fastest CPUs.

Or did you use a different method? Can the blocks that compose a force field be destroyed with a pick? Explosives? If the block is destroyed, how does your algorithm repair the missing blocks?

Second, so for applying damage you look for entities within a sphere near the shield generator and the ones that are close to the actual shield blocks are the ones that take the damage? How often do you do this check?

Reason I ask is that shields, especially ones that also do damage, are a crucial feature this mod needs for SMP. But it has to be implemented in an efficient manner or you will not be able to have more than 3 players on a server.

Alblaka explicitly stated in this post here that he is NOT working on a shield generator for IC2 because the algorithm he used is too inefficient. If you have an idea for a better algorithm, you should implement it. I detailed the pseudocode for one that IS efficient and would work even for many shields on a single server if you are interested. Or, if you open source your mod, I may take a crack at it this weekend.

http://forum.industrial-craft.…page=Thread&threadID=1614

• @Direwolf,

I could be your idea merging in my addon and then this all call "Holographic Force Field Projector" :D
    it takes is a little Time must still a little work on basis for my Orignal Idea...

I like the Idea and it would implement..

• Simple. Make it like bedrock. Immune to all explosives and can only be removed by the force field generator.

It has become a little stubbly. Implement facial hair growth in IC²? Vision continuously grows more furry until you shave. (approx once every 2 minecraft days ;P)

Steve shaves with his chainsaw.
    Check out Factorio- A game where you build a factory from scratch.

• I dont actually want something like the Ic1 force field generator. It was way too inflexible. This is far better already, aside from the lack of any way to project a field that protects the generator itself.

• I dont actually want something like the Ic1 force field generator. It was way too inflexible. This is far better already, aside from the lack of any way to project a field that protects the generator itself.

The generator is invincible while running.

It has become a little stubbly. Implement facial hair growth in IC²? Vision continuously grows more furry until you shave. (approx once every 2 minecraft days ;P)

Steve shaves with his chainsaw.
    Check out Factorio- A game where you build a factory from scratch.

• Well I like the ideas flying around here :)
    waiting to see what comes out of this,
    I am hoping personally that two sheild types end up in IC2
    this wall shield / hologram projector
    and the IC2 dome sheild that connects to other sheild generators to make a larger protected area

• Official Post

@Direwolf,

I could be your idea merging in my addon and then this all call "Holographic Force Field Projector" :D
    it takes is a little Time must still a little work on basis for my Orignal Idea...

I like the Idea and it would implement..

I think ideally the Holographic projector would be a seperate machine from the force field generator :). But its up to you.

• Direwolf20
    you can connect it to a HV-Transformer for 2048EU/t :thumbup:

@All

Version 0.9.5 is almost finished include offset and Deflector Mode
    and fix many Bugs and add new Bugs 8o

• ok thx for info i will fix the recipe... ( chance to use empty :Energy Crystal: ).... in about 10 hours currently at work

Ranakastrasz :

Any reason it cant charge while active? I think either that, or when depleted while on, allow it to charge to full, then reactive.

More Info Please: Version ? connectet cable, enegy sorce ?... Settings ?