Thank you for the testing
MAJOR BUG FOUND :
If you find a shield guarding something you want to break in to, you can easily break in with 2 minutes work.
1. Just set up a batbox, an area shield, and an inhibitor upgrade.
2. The frequency of the area shield does NOT matter
3. Turn on the area shield. It will cause the shield that it overlaps to vanish. Now you can just sprint on over (before the batbox runs out of power) and get inside.
I just tested this on your server. The fix is simple : a shield with the inhibitor upgrade should NOT be able to inhibit another shield if that shield is on a different frequency. Then someone could still break in, but they would have to guess one of 9999 possible shield frequencies.
Yup, I'll fix was provided so the tube - the projector has been working so he will not open a passage when the frequency is different.
1. The subwater upgrade removes water permanently if the volume removed is large enough. If you log in and see, I have permanently removed the ocean. The fix for this would be to save in a separate file the exact coordinates of every source block that the subwater upgrade removes. That way it would put things back exactly as they were.
hm is a subwater upgrade not InWater upgrade I write on the list of "nice to have" Version > 1.0
2. You made it so that none of the projectors or generators can be damaged or touched with anything but a wrench. You could just map the onBlockRemoval() event so that if a projector or generator is ever broken, it calls the same code that you call when a generator runs out of power or has it's redstone turned off. This would make is so that generators can be destroyed in PvP, and also so that if an admin accidentally removes a generator in creative mode the shield blocks won't remain. Look in BlockMultiID.java in src\Minecraft_server\ic2\common
On the To Do List
1. Allow adjustment of the EU requirements for the shield in the config file. I do feel that you have the balance just about right, but some people would want to tweak this
will be installed until the end of the beta
2. Add a variant of the shield block that has a BLACK texture. Add an addon block called a "fog of war" addon. It would use a recipe with squid ink in it. This makes the shield not transparent to light, and would make it so that players who are using a texture hack will not be able to see your base.
Part of the Hologram Projektor Upgrade plant for Version 1.1