[Addon V1.112]Modular Force Field System Version 2.2.8.3.6 (SSP/SMP)

• move to main Thread

• Made an area projector and a 30 foot sphere. Worked flawlessly on and off many times with no problems.

I then turned off the projector and added a hardner. Tried again. The lag killed the server and the problem could only be mended by restoring from a backup.

Considering that I liked destroyed hundreds of blocks I understand the lag, but this seems like too easy way to accidentally or intentionally kill a server. I don't really know what can be done about it.

• Lap : Sounds like a situation specific thing. I used a hardner with the previous version of this mod and it didn't do what you're describing. I bet the hardner cut something that doesn't like that ...did you cut the cable going to the shield generator?

• Lap

a 30 foot sphere + hardner changes about 4000 blocks +/- ... creates a lag like a Nuke.... at the first turn on...
    if you server crash Please Sign in the Server-log if what was reported.
    which mods running on the server ?? It is possible that the "hardnes" hit one of the mod blocks ??

BrickedKeyboard

I bet the hardner cut something that doesn't like that

I also suspect at 255 ID * 16 Meta it is a interessting seeking ;)

• so I now on the road until Monday
    when I come back and download the Beta 4 pre> 10 ;)
    and no major bugs found ... i will release Beta 4 final

planned for Bata 5:

add: new mode for MFDevice it allows you to go through a shield ( if you know generator frequency)
    add: camouflage upgrade change the look (texture) of the ForceField Blocks

if you have any ideas...new Projektor or Upgrades...just tell me..

• Can you fix English grammar errors in your mod, thanks :3
    Also, I think is good idea to make another type of field for making damage for all entityies, when its collide with blocks of forcefield.

And please fix lag when field cut the blocks with hardner. Like a "forcefield of lags".

• Since this mod is in English, it would be nice if you could fix the external labels of your stuff to proper English spellings.

"Frequency" etc.

But a bigger issue : I don't want brute forcing the shield combination to be practical. Could you add a delay to changing the frequency for a projector? Say 1 second the first time, 2 second the second time a frequency is manually changed in 60 seconds, 4 seconds the third time, and so on. This would not apply to the frequency setting tool, only to manually setting it via the buttons.

And a projector upgrade : the ZAPPER upgrade. The recipe has 4 tesla coils in it. It makes it so that if an entity collides with a shield block (check the code for luminators to see how this is done) it kills an entity if it is an entity living. (so players and monsters). The damage and energy used should be configurable.

Use public void onEntityCollidedWithBlock(World world, int i, int j, int k, Entity entity)

This way it will not use any CPU until an entity actually collides with a shield block.

There's a strong reason to do this : if someone goes underneath the bottom of a shield and covers themselves in sand, then logs out of the game, they will be teleported upwards to the first place they can stand. It makes it pretty easy to bypass these shields. The zapper upgrade would mean when they log in, they will be standing on the bottom block of a shield, and would be zapped. I need to ability to configure the damage so I can make sure it kills even someone wearing quantum armor. (at a huge energy cost)

Ideally the shield blocks would have a different texture (red instead of blue) and be a separate block, possibly sharing the same ID.

Can you fix English grammar errors in your mod, thanks :3

I've changed, if still what is wrong please pm

And please fix lag when field cut the blocks with hardner. Like a "forcefield of lags".

adjusted for area projectors...lag free but nothing drops

And a projector upgrade : the ZAPPER upgrade.

I have been working to it coming in the next version

But a bigger issue : I don't want brute forcing the shield combination to be practical. Could you add a delay to changing the frequency for a projector? Say 1 second the first time, 2 second the second time a frequency is manually changed in 60 seconds, 4 seconds the third time, and so on. This would not apply to the frequency setting tool, only to manually setting it via the buttons.

I have a few ideas ... it will install in the closest version

• First i have to say THANKS FOR THIS GREATE MOD!

But i donot know how to start my Field with EU.I build the Generator Eu Injektor under the Generator and linked it with a field.
    But the Generator donot accept the EU i donot know why.I am using this Mod in 1.0 on Server.
    It would be very nice if someone could do a Video-Tutorial

Ketrian

• First i have to say THANKS FOR THIS GREATE MOD!

But i donot know how to start my Field with EU.I build the Generator Eu Injektor under the Generator and linked it with a field.
    But the Generator donot accept the EU i donot know why.I am using this Mod in 1.0 on Server.
    It would be very nice if someone could do a Video-Tutorial

Ketrian

Look up on youtube, by Direwolf.

However, I suggest you try applying redstone to the injecter.

• No i try it with IC² EU not with Redstone....
    Sry but i cannot find any Tutorial for the newest Version of this mod on Youtube.And Direwolf doesnt have anything to do with Minecraft

• Yes, a bukkit port would be nice. At this point, the useful SMP version is the bukkit port, because of the enormous numbers of bukkit plugins as well as performance boosting plugins like the NoLag mod.

• Iam in the process to porten Beta 5 to SMP.... If this is done (no in this year). Will I port it to Bukkit...

• Woaa!! You have no idea how long I've been waiting for the field generator to make its return 8o . Unfortunately I run a bukkit server so I will be awaiting your port (when it arrives next year) with great anticipation. Thunderdark: You are my hero!! :thumbup:

• First of all, Thank you for a great mod!

Secondly, Does anyone here know if this is compatible with the mods in the Technic modpack. Tried for a loong time to get this to work but I

keep getting what I think is conflicting block ID's with buildcraft and when I try to change them I don't understand the error report.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated because I tried this mod out with only Industrial craft added in and I'm now itching to add the rest of the

technic pack if possible at all.