[Addon V1.112]Modular Force Field System Version 2.2.8.3.6 (SSP/SMP)

• I have a question. I wanted this mod well something like it ages ago on my server. I guess the biggest question well what I wanted is the following and maybe you guys can guide me.

I want to create a PVP Server where anything goes... But the object of it is to create a well built fortress and really wanted to offer a 100% chance to protect it... How the hell do you do that? Well with Forcefields. I was hoping to have large enough nodes placed in a base to be able to some how protect the base from nukes,tnt,reactors and etc..

So the biggest question I guess is would this be possible on a legit scale to be able to do this or is there possible bugs and such that would end up causing it to fail fast on a SMP PVP Server?

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• Kane : that's cool and all but DubNet and Bricked Technology are PvP servers that already offer this. We only have a relatively small playerbase, with perhaps 15-20 people at peak times, so...

Also, we're linking the servers with an ingame inter-server portal.

• Kane : that's cool and all but DubNet and Bricked Technology are PvP servers that already offer this. We only have a relatively small playerbase, with perhaps 15-20 people at peak times, so...

Also, we're linking the servers with an ingame inter-server portal.

That is nice. But I'm sure we can have more then 2 servers in the whole entire world ;). Also I think I can get enough playerbase anyways. I run a server called Godcraft.

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• I found some interesting bugs while testing the bukkit version of this mod and I thought I'd post the 'report' here as well. Hope it helps!!

Craftbukkit Version: 1597
    Modular Force Field System V1.0 Beta 4

Other Mods:
    Redpower 2.0 Beta
    Buildcraft 2.2.8
    IC2 1.43
    IC2 Buildcraft crossover mod
    Hot Air Balloons V1.0.0

Notable Bugs:

-
    (SEVERE) The person that puts down a field deflector looses connection
    to the server. Additionaly when that person tries to put down another
    MFFS block there is a minor chance that another lost connection occurs
    (might have something to do with keeping the deflector in your
    inventory)
    - EU-injectors do not accept current from glass fiber
    cables that are bent. Only a straight connection will do. (Making the
    cable bend first and then have a straight piece will work however)
    -
    (SEVERE) Whenever you move out of rendering range of a large cubular
    forcefield (I use 61x61 fields) there is a high chance that the
    forcefield will cut into blocks or shear them off where it's supposed to
    form around an structure.
    - (maybe not really a bug) Forcefields
    will stop nuclear explosions that occur very near the field. They will
    however not stop a blast that happens a good distance away from it
    (leading to more damage from an explosion 15 blocks away than one 3
    blocks away)
    - (unsure) Some people have reported being unable to
    come near a structure housing MFFS blocks without DC'ing. (could be a
    bad install on their part though)

Hope this helps improve the overall awesomness of this mod ;) If I find more inconcistencies I'll let you guys know.

• 8o8o thx Direwolf20

Latest info:

Beta 5 SMP is 90% complete

fix: "Camouflage Upgrade support > 50 Block Typs
    rewritten "MFD Device"
    rewritten entire network code ...reason it takes so long

The new network code would solve many problems reported in the last days.
    still have a major bug when I was eliminated will realase "pre" for hunging minor bugs ;)

collection idea for Beta 6 complete.
    Beta 6 main component "the security network" kill or holds players who have nothing to look inside the projector area

• Hey Thunderdark,
    Awesome Mod. good to see so many different forcefields, pretty much one for any occasion!

I watched Direwolfs Mod Spotlight and a few things popped up that i thought i might mention.

i like all the upgrades, really adds to the functionality of the forcefields, Esp the Dome and the SubWater upgrades (i assume you can use both together), But (you knew this was coming) can there or will there be a tier 2 of the upgrades
    which you can insert into the machine rather than beside it (possibly some Buildcraft or Redpower 2 love?)

the Block cutting Option in the area projecktor(Correct?) should destroy blocks not drop them, but if you want to have them drop, perhaps do what Equivalent Exchange does and drops them all in one place.

all i can think of for now, now to download it and try it out!
    :Uranium Cell: :Uranium Cell: :Uranium Cell: :Uranium Cell: (Uranium Cells are the new Diamonds)

the Block cutting Option in the area projecktor(Correct?) should destroy blocks not drop them, but if you want to have them drop, perhaps do what Equivalent Exchange does and drops them all in one place.

Block cutting + area projecktor to time no drop blocks.... produce too much LAG in SMP... any other projector + Block cutting drop Blocks.
    chance like "drops them all in one place " is on the "nice to have" list ^^

• The Beta 5 will come to bukkit as well I hope?? 8o
    Found another bug. Scanning with the MFDevice on mode 2 will cause everyone but the user to disconnect from the server ... talk about a griefer tool xD

Loving the mod, looking forward a LOT to beta 5

• Bugs Found :

In the Bukkit port, if a chunk isn't loaded (so the type id would probably be null) the shield will still try to replace the block there. It does not bother to check if there is a block there that can't be replaced, so it replaces it with shield even if there is something that is not supposed to be broken there. (such as a personal safe, or bedrock, etc)

I found this line :
    if(!forcefieldworldmap1.ffworld_getfirstfreespace() && !world.getMaterial(forcefieldworldmap1.getX(), forcefieldworldmap1.getY(), forcefieldworldmap1.getZ()).isBuildable() )

and attempted to fix by changing it to

if(!forcefieldworldmap1.ffworld_getfirstfreespace() && !world.getMaterial(forcefieldworldmap1.getX(), forcefieldworldmap1.getY(), forcefieldworldmap1.getZ()).isBuildable() && !(world.getMaterial(forcefieldworldmap1.getX(), forcefieldworldmap1.getY(), forcefieldworldmap1.getZ())== null) )

I'm not sure if this fixed it, because I don't understand how a lot of your code really works.

I also found another bug : the EU injector can sometimes stop working. I added a couple more checks to it that hopefully fixed this bug, but since I was unable to reproduce this problem I wasn't able to fix it.

• BrickedKeyboard

I can confirm .... at the place missing a check whether or not loaded chunk implemt in Beta 5
    Beta 5 SMP is 98% complete ..if you want, you can get the "pre" version to port "Bukkit"

• this mod is great! now my big reactors can explode without to much damage. only the wires aren't protected but it it's a acceptable way.
    ---
    ok there is a little bug i think, after loading a save some wires/blocks are cut out, that is a little problem.

ok there is a little bug i think, after loading a save some wires/blocks are cut out, that is a little problem.

SSP or SMP...Version ??

• Thunder : I bet that the wires getting chopped bug is that same one that I found and tried to fix. Probably when the world loads, the shield loads first and replaces the void where an unloaded chunk is with more shield.

• Possibly already reported, but forcefield can be pushed by pistons. When powering off the force field the pushed field blocks remain. Attempting to harvest force field with a silk touch pickaxe results in a crash. All testing done on SMP.

Also all of the MFFS blocks seem to be completely immune to explosions. I'm not sure I like this. :( The force field being completely immune is cool, but I don't think the blocks should be. They should be a vulnerability. Easily protected by the fact that they project force fields anyway.

Also is there a way to prevent explosion damage from passing through the field to the player?

• i want to shield a really large object but alot of the shields are limited to a very tiny radius like the tube could do with the ability to modify both its dimensions so i can have a really long tube that is more easily shaped to fit my goals and long enough for the more advanced ideas 20 for a tube seems short in all respects

• i want to shield a really large object but alot of the shields are limited to a very tiny radius like the tube could do with the ability to modify both its dimensions so i can have a really long tube that is more easily shaped to fit my goals and long enough for the more advanced ideas 20 for a tube seems short in all respects

I agree. Perhaps make more upgrades to add this flexibility (as in longer maximum values)

Also, The ability to manually, via 3 more values, offset the starting point, would also help significantly, so I could, say, be evil, and make a sphere, powered externally, to trap anyone who rudely gets too close to my house, and then somehow kill them.. Hmmm...

Also, tube projector, offset so that the potential door in your field can actually be projected by a HIDDEN projector, as opposed to it having to be on the edge of the field, easily visible, unless you make the tube massive in radius...