[Addon V1.112]Modular Force Field System Version 2.2.8.3.6 (SSP/SMP)

• Need more Info which version ?? SSP or SMP or Bukkit ?? which forge Version ??

So I'm testing a new version before I published.... 8) 8) Major Bug of the size would be noticed immediately

I'm having this issue as well, with SMP. Both server and client are running Forge 3.3.8.152, and MFFSV2_beta2. I am able to open the GUI and activate the MFFS machines normally in SSP, but not in SMP.

• stupid bug... I see it is indirectly related to the message of metalearza.
    One problem with the Blockquee .. put it on my list

metalearza and Skeleti try this version... Blocks without projector disappear like leaves ( take time)...und Tube projector has an error less

ok ill try that. thanks.

• I'm having this issue as well, with SMP. Both server and client are running Forge 3.3.8.152, and MFFSV2_beta2. I am able to open the GUI and activate the MFFS machines normally in SSP, but not in SMP.

can you please re-download the client and server... suspect a faulty in the zip file

• Still crashing with the same layout of forcefiels
    http://pastebin.com/sv5hPYXP

the weird error I get when I too fast switch the Projector more times in a row on/offline..
    my turn is but need a few days .his weekend is stressful

and the cube projektor still has the Gui wher it says it cannot take the distance modulator upgrade but it can take it

is only an display error is fixed quickly.

• May I suggest making large force-fields faster? For instance, when I do a Dome FF with 64 range expanders, I lag like nothing else. To me, it seems like you are checking the field's integrity every tick (or so). Now, I am not a mod developer (yet) but wouldn't it be faster and more efficient to use the block break event?

• Hello, love the mod. Only issue I have is that when I open my inventory, my players skin is missing, but instead it looks like terrain.png, I'm guessing somewhere along the lines it is overriding my skin with terrain.png. I am using V2_beta2, running forge 3.1.3.105 with Industrialcraft2_1.95b

Any help please?

• Hello, love the mod. Only issue I have is that when I open my inventory, my players skin is missing, but instead it looks like terrain.png, I'm guessing somewhere along the lines it is overriding my skin with terrain.png. I am using V2_beta2, running forge 3.1.3.105 with Industrialcraft2_1.95b

Any help please?

UPDATE FORGE to min. 3.3.8.152

• Wait. No sorry. I did have 3.3.8.152 :L I just read the wrong copy.. The problem still stands.. and this time with 3.3.8.152

Fixed, it was a corrupt copy of forge that caused it... All done now, sorry for wasting your time, have this as an apology.. :Nuke TNT:

• Ok.. now I really am confused. Same problem as before, apart from instead of me, Its the cow. Behold! A cow!

And another:

What is going on?! Same mod specs as before, here is a full list of my mods:

ReiMinimap_v3.2_04
    MinecraftForge-3.3.8.152-Client
    OptiFine_1.2.5_HD_S_C3
    Computercraft
    EE2ClientV1.4.6.6
    IC2NuclearControl_client_v1.1.9b
    Industrialcraft-2-client_1.97
    MineColony-rc19
    CompactSolars-2.3.2.10
    ModularForceFieldSystemv2_beta2_client
    NEI_RedPowerPlugin 1.2.2.3
    NEI_ThaumcraftPlugin 1.0.6.15
    RedpowerCore-2.0pr5b2
    RedpowerLighting-2.0pr5b2
    RedpowerLogic-2.0pr5b2
    RedpowerWiring-2.0pr5b2
    RedpowerWorld-2.0pr5b2
    RedpowerMachines-2.0pr5b2
    ThaumCraft2.1.6d
    WeaponMod
    CodeChickenCore-Client 0.5.3
    NotEnoughItems 1.2.2.4

Please help..

• So that will not lie to my mod...we will not be able to help you.. :S

• Ok.. now I really am confused. Same problem as before, apart from instead of me, Its the cow. Behold! A cow!
    [...]
    Please help..

It's most likely Optifine (or possibly Forge). Could be hardware, too, but I doubt it. Either way, MFFS doesn't really do anything weird with rendering, so there's nothing Thunderdark can help with.

• first sorry for me english ;(

this bug is happend when attached the support frames on top of the force field

now show the setting the machines of the force field

the force field working normally (dome upgrade)

now using synchron capacitor

now connect the support frame top of the force field dome

immediatly turn on the frame motor to down the frames and on the top of the frame have taken a one block of force field

now i try click to pass the block using a synchron ...... the game crashes and not show any log of error (using normal launcher)

immediatly login for see what happen and discovery this ( the pj is in middle of 2 force field, i scape destroying the false force field

i turn off the force field and the false force field stay here dont go, when you touch with a click ( using a synchron) the game crashes again

you see the false force field have a irregular border

now i using the last magic launcher for see the log of the crash an see that

http://pastebin.com/tPeifiix

or

thank for all

Edited 2 times, last by Lightone: bad link and rewrite the spoiler ().

• @ Lightone

:Industrial Diamond: <- for Crashlog is a bug and is fixed in version Beta 3

in Beta 3 will the "false force field" dissolve like leaves ...

I need a few days to to build and test ..

• Beta 3:

(fix) CrashBug Right click on ghost forcefield blocks (Lightone Bug )
    (fix) GUI Projector Slot graphic Bug
    (add) projector cooldown between status changes (online <> offline ) 40 ticks/ 2 sec. (Skeleti Bug narrowing)
    (add) ghosts forcefield blocks disappear as "leaf" (metalearza idea )
    (change) change in the energy-consuming code faster .. because a less accurate (all blocks will be calculated) ( first part speed improvement)

Edited 2 times, last by Thunderdark ().

• sorry for me english MinecraftCreeper

i discover a new bug, when you place an force field on the bedrock you logout an enter a again the modular force field drops frenquency card ( in blank) is the force field are active you dont scape fron this (false force field indestructible) , you dont destroy them in creative mode ( you need a synchron capacitor for scape), and other bug is you place other modular force field he drops frequency card ( in blank) when you disconnect an enter a again when the force field on the bedrock is active

this video explain better this 2 bug

force field near to bedrock bug

tested in modular force field beta 3 and 2

[-----------------------------EDIT----------------------------]

i test beta 3B i found little bug (force power gen ) the tag of linked divice dont detect the device connected more than 10 block of distance from the power gen, the problem of the distance dont fixed with this version

the beta 3 is working fine, detect all device connected approximate distance a radius 120m (force power gen) and projector (dont drops the card) if you pass these range and you disconnet you know what happend

the max distance is 152 configured in the force gen with upgrade are detecte, but the projector ( drops the card)

i make the same thing using beta3 and beta3B

i continue testing other thing with edge of force field (probably a little bug)

[-----------------------------EDit_2--------------------------]

good news i found some solution put a world anchor (activated) (railcraft chunk loader) near to force power gen the new limit is basically the limit is the transmit range
    configure in the (force power gen) 152 is the max :D

tested in beta3B and beta3

[-----------------------------EDit_3---------------------------]

1) when you placed track (railcraft) the edge of the force field ( when is activated), the track is destroyed ( in the certain ocation the track dont be destroyed an you pass the force field with mine card

2)when placed red wire all color in the edge or bundle cable or blue alloy wire or covers ( redpower2), this is make a hole in the wall of force field ( you can pass using other mods) (smart moving)

2.1 ( the other cable jacketed , logic door and other item are placed correctly )

3) when you placed a circuit using a wire (all color) in a stone, the force field cut the signal not destroy the cable when the force field is shut donw the circuit reconnect automatically

4)the circuit of original red stone and torch of red is destroyed when placed in borde of the force field

5) when you placed a door open the wall of force field

------

i test the other mod tubes an more and work fine dont have problem in the edge of force field

i put 3 world anchor, 2 are references for see when are activated , only need one near to the force power gen (see Edit_2)

for better explanation see the next video

The video MinecraftCreeper

Edited 5 times, last by Lightone: test beta 3B, more info, more test =D ().

• Lightone

I suspect in his attempt was the generator further away? > 64 Blocks ??
    is a timing problem if the generator is loaded 20 ticks after the projector ...thinks the projector of the generator is destroyed
    cut and disconnects the connection and reset the card to blank... has so nothing to do with batrock

Edited once, last by Thunderdark ().

• Forcefields currently can overlap. A griefer could use this to destroy an entire base protected by a force filed.

The following schematic is seen from the top.

Code
    CCCCCCCCCAAAA
    C PGM A C PGM A
    CCCCCCCCCAAAA

C: forcefield blocks of projector 1
    A: forcefield blocks of projector 2
    P: projector
    G: generator
    M: MFSU

Projector 2 is allowed to place force field blocks behind force field blocks generated by Projector 1. Even if Projector 2 is activated after Projector 1. If Projector 2 is upgraded with a block cutter, a griefer can destroy most blocks inside the force field of Projector 1.

My suggestion would be to check on activation of a projector if the projector has to cross forcefield blocks of other projectors by drawing a invisible line between the new projector and its target force field block. If it hits a block the two generators would drain additional power but the newly activated projector would not be allowed to place this force field block until the other projector is offline. If two projector are activated at nearly the same time booth force fields would have holes depending on which one came first at the individual force field block.

To save performance the projector would activate only a few force field blocks at a time. So force fields would require a few seconds until fully activated. The larger the longer. This would also be a nice feature in general. You have to engineer small entry force fields which build up quickly. Deactivating a large force fields during battle is more dangerous because you have a time window where parts of the force field would be down.

• maxss : will put in the "inhibitor projector addon" back...this will solve the problem AND add config option for creating block count peer tick (Beta4)

Lightone: is partly by design.. use block-cutter upgrade to test it... 'll change it in beta 4