[Addon V1.112]Modular Force Field System Version 2.2.8.3.6 (SSP/SMP)

• BUG ALERT 2: Neither mob defender, nor defence station (upgrade) kill slimes inside my FF in smp. Is this a bug? I am in a superflat, btw.

• Does this addon work with the technic launcher?

I've tried installing it but it errors out.
    This is the first time i've tried to install an addon to ic2 however so either i'm being incompetent or it's conflicting with one or more of the other mods present in the launcher. idk.

halp?

• I am using the technic launcher and it is working fine.
    Also, thunderdark, I found a bug and have a request:
    First the bug: The force field in sponge mode will not remove lava/water placed after it is created
    Then the request: Could we get an option card that makes it so it blocks fluids but not people?

• temporary Change Log Beta 5:

what is already here, you must not reported as BUG

<fix> <Defense Station> / <Mob Defense> damage now Mobs and Player in Cube corners
    <fix> <Force Field Jammer> + <Field Manipulator> now check y level
    <fix> MFFS Projector Modul <Cube,Sphere> --> "Fail: Field to Strong >= 5 Blocks" BUG
    <fix> MFFS Projector Upgrade <touch damage> not work in Beta4
    <fix> Projector Upgrade<Defense Station> and Projector Upgrade<Mob Defense> range BUG kill only in max 4 Block Distance
    <fix> Projector Upgrade<Defense Station> and Projector Upgrade<Mob Defense> kill below y level of Projector if MFFS Projector Upgrade <Field Manipulator> is installed
    <fix> MFFS Area Defense Station not work if only 1 Distance modul inside
    <fix> MFFS Projector Module <Tube> --> "Fail: Field to Strong >= 5 Blocks" BUG
    <add> use MFFS Card <blank> on Generator/SecurityStation to get MFFS Card <Power Link> / MFFS Card <Security Station Link>
    <add> Tooltip to MFFS Card <Personal ID> Owner Info
    <add> Tooltop compatible info to Projector Upgrades
    <add> MFFS Projector Upgrade <Force Field Jammer> work in <Cube> mode
    <add> Configuration option for MobDefenseDamage and DefenseStationDamage default 10
    <add> don´t open Gui if player Sneaking
    <rename> MFFS Card <FrequenzCard> - > MFFS Card <Power Link>
    <rename> MFFS SphereProjector Upgrade <Defense Station> --> MFFS Projector Upgrade <Defense Station>
    <rename> MFFS SphereProjector Upgrade <Force Field Jammer> --> MFFS Projector Upgrade <Force Field Jammer>
    <rename> MFFS SphereProjector Upgrade <Mob Defense> --> MFFS Projector Upgrade <Mob Defense>

can you make the blocks destroyable by explosions? i think it seems overpowered that they cant be destroyed in accidents. XD

a Force Field can be only destroyed if Projector or Generator destroyed or you have noch enough Force Power ...a block destroyable by explosions need 10 time more Force Power to rebuild...

• HI!

First of all I want to say that I really like this mod. Secondly I wanted to say I think I´ve found a bug. When I start a projektor in my SMP server. with 8 range upgrades (cube projektor) my server crashes. I cant relogg to the server. I cant tell you what the consol says because I use a server provider and I cant open the logs. I use the latest version of this mod.

I just wanted you to know and also If you know anything I could do to prevent this from happening, would be awesome to be able to use this in SMP.

Thanks

Towni0

• Towni0

without a Crashlog I can not help you... download the zip file again.

There is no general a error you're the first with the problem.

• Oh sweet, I really want that. :) Make sure and add an invisible camo function as well. like maybe have the camo block or addon camo card and then have either an extra card or just completely separate card for an invisible function. Remember refracting light waves with a force field to make it invisible is a force power expensive thing. :P To keep it balanced at least. :) Haha any way thats great to here and much awaited!

• I've tested some stuff and I have a suggestion: Can you add an upgrade for you tube modul, so that when you activate a project with Tube Modul + this upgrade, that he cuts other Force Fields in his way?

So I dont know you have a Cube modul as protection but you want a little door in this shield and you use a second projector for it with a tube modul.

Or you add something that act like a gate/door (Laser Stuff?!? :D)

I hope you understand what I mean :X

EDIT: I know the crystal thing, but a door has more style!

• a Force Field can be only destroyed if Projector or Generator destroyed or you have noch enough Force Power ...a block destroyable by explosions need 10 time more Force Power to rebuild...

i mean the machine blocks not the shield blocks. the machine blocks are not destroyable by explosions:

before:

after:

• So I throw immibis core into my server's 'mods' folder and the server launches just fine. When I create a folder for mffs and extract the v2_beta4 zip contents into it, I get the following when trying to start the server:

Code
    java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Slot 4078 is already occupied by mffs.BlockDefStation@6779e6 when adding mffs.BlockDefStation@174219d        at vz.<init>(Block.java:251)        at sz.<init>(BlockContainer.java:7)        at mffs.MFFSBlock.<init>(MFFSBlock.java:18)        at mffs.BlockDefStation.<init>(BlockDefStation.java:23)        at mod_ModularForceFieldSystem.load(mod_ModularForceFieldSystem.java:104)        at cpw.mods.fml.common.modloader.ModLoaderModContainer.init(ModLoaderModContainer.java:351)        at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.modInit(Loader.java:263)        at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.initializeMods(Loader.java:604)        at cpw.mods.fml.server.FMLServerHandler.onLoadComplete(FMLServerHandler.java:147)        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.s(MinecraftServer.java:204)        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:412)        at dn.run(SourceFile:492)

I tried changing the BlockID in the cfg file but it gave the same error with each new ID. Thoughts?

Edit: Spelled Immibis's name incorrectly :whistling:

• So I throw immibus core into my server's 'mods' folder and the server launches just fine. When I create a folder for mffs and extract the v2_beta4 zip contents into it, I get the following when trying to start the server:

Code
    java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Slot 4078 is already occupied by mffs.BlockDefStation@6779e6 when adding mffs.BlockDefStation@174219d        at vz.(Block.java:251)        at sz.(BlockContainer.java:7)        at mffs.MFFSBlock.(MFFSBlock.java:18)        at mffs.BlockDefStation.(BlockDefStation.java:23)        at mod_ModularForceFieldSystem.load(mod_ModularForceFieldSystem.java:104)        at cpw.mods.fml.common.modloader.ModLoaderModContainer.init(ModLoaderModContainer.java:351)        at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.modInit(Loader.java:263)        at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.initializeMods(Loader.java:604)        at cpw.mods.fml.server.FMLServerHandler.onLoadComplete(FMLServerHandler.java:147)        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.s(MinecraftServer.java:204)        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:412)        at dn.run(SourceFile:492)

I tried changing the BlockID in the cfg file but it gave the same error with each new ID. Thoughts?</init></init></init></init>

i think this is not the immbis version MFFS your talking about.

• You're right, it's Thunderdark's, but it still requires the Immibis Core to run if I'm not mistaken!

Edit: I've got it running on the server, but can only craft items (focus matrix, cards, etc.). Any of the blocks just don't seem to be craftable.

Edit: I removed Immibis Core from the server and client and it runs the same, so I guess I don't need core. Still can't craft any of the blocks ;(