[Addon V1.112]Modular Force Field System Version 2.2.8.3.6 (SSP/SMP)

• I had this thing too (until last update). Try removing and placing again projector.

• If teleporting players is kinda difficult to code, maybe instantly killing intruders will do? So you could steal their stuffs hehe. How was this idea thunderdark? It's self defense right?

i hope its possible to do lets see what thunderdark says.

• So I just downloaded and installed the addon and after setting up my MFFS generator, I found that there isn't a link card slot on it. Anyone else experienced this?

• So I just downloaded and installed the addon and after setting up my MFFS generator, I found that there isn't a link card slot on it. Anyone else experienced this?

<remove> Gui coding slot in Generator and SecurityStation.

<add> use MFFS Card <blank> on Generator/SecurityStation to get MFFS Card <Power Link> / MFFS Card <Security Station Link>

you found more info in the first post (here )

see the Change Histoy: BETA5

• Containment Field huh? costs are same as for everything else? 'cause now i use Wall with 1/1/1/1 matrix, 1 range (so projector won't melt) and 2 strengh modules. it is minimal required to protect you from explosion from reactor (see attachment). But containment type is easier and cheaper to build. that's a thing to consider

Wrench checks are pretty cool though. Good job!

wait... no one else noticed update?

• Awesome mod, been playing with it for a few days and have gotten the hang of it. One thing I've noticed is that no matter what I do, if I overload a reactor inside a containment field, the surrounding landscape is still pretty much shot. Now, the reactor setup is 6 uranium cells and nothing else for containment, just the forcefield walls. Yes, they do line up properly, I've checked 3 different times each wall but I'm still getting explosive "leakage". Could it be that the forcefields just won't absorb enough damage on an unshielded reactor to have this be the sole containment method?

• Awesome mod, been playing with it for a few days and have gotten the hang of it. One thing I've noticed is that no matter what I do, if I overload a reactor inside a containment field, the surrounding landscape is still pretty much shot. Now, the reactor setup is 6 uranium cells and nothing else for containment, just the forcefield walls. Yes, they do line up properly, I've checked 3 different times each wall but I'm still getting explosive "leakage". Could it be that the forcefields just won't absorb enough damage on an unshielded reactor to have this be the sole containment method?

what does that look like?

• May I suggest making tube size (height, width) manipulable via a Focusmatrices? But keep the Distance slot so that it can be offset from the projector when using the dome upgrade.

• Containment Field huh? costs are same as for everything else? 'cause now i use Wall with 1/1/1/1 matrix, 1 range (so projector won't melt) and 2 strengh modules. it is minimal required to protect you from explosion from reactor (see attachment). But containment type is easier and cheaper to build. that's a thing to consider

Wrench checks are pretty cool though. Good job!

wait... no one else noticed update?

the setup doesn't look like it can protect anyone.

• i tried blowing up a nuclear reactor with 10 uranium cells while putting two deflectors on the side and this is what happens:

map view

ARC explosion XD :thumbup:

• the setup doesn't look like it can protect anyone.

Let me explain. I tested it a while and i know explosion mechanics. Reactor explodes, destroys chambers and that lets forcefield to close it up. So explosion stops at chambers! all loot lies inside force field including chambers, so you lose only reactor itself! Got it?

• Let me explain. I tested it a while and i know explosion mechanics. Reactor explodes, destroys chambers and that let's forcefield to close it up. So explosion stops at chambers! all loot lies inside force field including chambers, so you lose only reactor itself! Got it?

yeah i guess? so that means the full explosion of the reactor will be trapped inside the "PLUS" shaped wall projector. i see.

• Even after the update I am still experiencing that the force field just won't enable as I posted earlier. This is even though everything is set up properly. Right after a server restart, everything works again, but only in a seemingly random amount of time. Also, there's plenty of power hooked up to the power generator. And the projector shows it's connected.

• 8) Rev1 Update Fixed a few minor errors in the SMP. Change Log in Main Post

• I, myself, would honestly like to see connected forcefields, A way to link forcefields together via id cards. At the current time I've only seen a max of 64x64 cube, which is well.. only 1/3 of my castle, so I would like to connect 3 together. I mean think about it, if you can use something to connect forcefields together to be seamless, like say a card made at a specific link station or something, and you can link stations together as well using the same method.

Basically, if you had a 128 x 128, you would require 8 area projectors, 1 Link Center, 7 link stations, 7 link cards (All based from main link station), 8 Power Gens, 8 Blank MFFS Cards (for power gen -> area projector), 8 EU Injectors. Doing it this route, the link station would be a projector upgrade so that it connects the projectors, if the projector senses it's forcefield will be created in the boundary of another, it doesn't create the boundary. So the inside of these 8 would be hollow and only the shell would appear.

• I have some more info about the problem I reported earlier; I've enabled the force field for a couple of hours now, but when I tried to turn it off it stays on. This is even though there's no redstone signal going to it. So it goes both ways; If it's off for too long, you can't turn it on, but if it's on for too long, you can't turn it off.

I'll try the new Beta 5 rev1 to see if that changed it :)

EDIT: What do we say to the 1.3 Minecraft update?..... NOT TODAY!

EDIT #2: Seems like the force field projector is working perfectly now :D

• I, myself, would honestly like to see connected forcefields, A way to link forcefields together via id cards. At the current time I've only seen a max of 64x64 cube, which is well.. only 1/3 of my castle, so I would like to connect 3 together. I mean think about it, if you can use something to connect forcefields together to be seamless, like say a card made at a specific link station or something, and you can link stations together as well using the same method.

Basically, if you had a 128 x 128, you would require 8 area projectors, 1 Link Center, 7 link stations, 7 link cards (All based from main link station), 8 Power Gens, 8 Blank MFFS Cards (for power gen -> area projector), 8 EU Injectors. Doing it this route, the link station would be a projector upgrade so that it connects the projectors, if the projector senses it's forcefield will be created in the boundary of another, it doesn't create the boundary. So the inside of these 8 would be hollow and only the shell would appear.

Just use several projectors in deflector mode. Then you can make it whatever shape you need.

GENERATION (Pineapple + i): The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.