[Addon V1.112]Modular Force Field System Version 2.2.8.3.6 (SSP/SMP)

• I just wanted to post here with the bugs I had talked to about cuz I had edited the message so not sure you got it:

- I can't be a 100% sure but some your releases don't seem to always check for client to server version but I might be derping here.
    - If I increase how much forge is produced not like matter much to have such a big number but it causes a GUI Glitch: http://godcraft.com/x/d2t2g3gh.png
    - For a server admin point of view the spawning of mobs when you have the mob killing upgrade is very taxing to resources in the long run. 5 players online not a big deal but a large forcefield of a 64 upgrades is 129x129x129 in size if I recall. That can easily produce 100's of entities (dead mobs) if not more in a short period of time. Not only killing mobs above ground at night but also underground day and night and can also be used to exploit or farm mob spawners maybe its intended I'm not sure. It be a cool config file if there was hooks to stop spawning within on forge.
    - I got this recent error not sure what causes it: http://pastebin.com/idxZG3Ur (Server Side)

My config files during this test:

Thanks =)

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• will be fix you most problems .

will add a option for the " spawning of mobs" in config in .23+

• I'd like to suggest that alternate recipes be added that allow the player to craft Forcicum from existing resources. Make it a configuration file entry. I do not believe a single addon mod should be changing what spawns in the world. I'm up to my eyes in Forcicum in my new world because of how much it spawns vs how much I actually need it. That, and now if I ever want to remove this mod, there will be a bunch of blocks missing all over.

Not good.

Please make the world generation spawning of Forcicum a configuration option and provide an alternate means to obtain it via a normal crafting recipe.

• Hey, just checked out direwolfs video and I've noticed that my generators don't have the linkID thing he uses to power up the machines. Just wondering how it's done now. Also is there a FAQ/user guide/wiki or something I can use in the future for quick questions?

• Hey, just checked out direwolfs video and I've noticed that my generators don't have the linkID thing he uses to power up the machines. Just wondering how it's done now. Also is there a FAQ/user guide/wiki or something I can use in the future for quick questions?

Direwolf20 make a new Video for 2.1.7.*...the last is outdated

• Direwolf20 make a new Video for 2.1.7.*...the last is outdated

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Kane Hart: nice..will release .23 today is only a Bugfix sample for .22
    the defence station update coming soon done when done ;)

• So A couple people having issues dcing on and off of the forcefield but others have actual desync issues but (Sniper3 says he knows how to do holograms and it's not a desync issue *jokes) Anyways he stands still but he thinks and can move around BUT when he gets away from the location where he was he can't open chests or place items because he is actually not 5 blocks on the server in range of that he is really where we see him etc ahhh..

I can't tell you much just bad ass desyncing for a couple people I did have him send me his logs:

PS: Any luck finding any hooks on preventing mobs from spawning period?

So A couple people having issues dcing on and off of the forcefield but others have actual desync issues but (Sniper3 says he knows how to do holograms and it's not a desync issue *jokes) Anyways he stands still but he thinks and can move around BUT when he gets away from the location where he was he can't open chests or place items because he is actually not 5 blocks on the server in range of that he is really where we see him etc ahhh..

I can't tell you much just bad ass desyncing for a couple people I did have him send me his logs:

Sorry the log saying nothing helpful...will add a config option for Admins to Output my NetworkCode Messeges and Errors... if it is my mistake will be found easier

• Sorry the log saying nothing helpful...will add a config option for Admins to Output my NetworkCode Messeges and Errors... if it is my mistake will be found easier

Sound great. Yeah it seem pretty damn useless info but he was for sure acting all crazy and her too 2 diff people :(

• questions to all users of MFFS

Forcicium: is too much or too little World generation ?? add depleted Forcecium (Output Extactor). ?? add a recipe depleted Forcecium + (redstone,glowstone,lapi) = Forcecium

Forcicium: is too much or too little World generation ?? add depleted Forcecium (Output Extactor). ?? add a recipe depleted Forcecium + (redstone,glowstone,lapi) = Forcecium

It's probably a tad to much but in a way not crazy either. With a depleted recipe I think it would help people be able to maintain it longer without to much worry. In a way I hate getting it sometimes but at the same time I'm happy knowing its for a good use hehe.

You could even consider adding a mechanic like instead of depleted creating enriched or something and making it even more powerful but hopefully a block version so lasts even longer. But I might be silly :P

The world gen seems sufficient enough to keep fields running for a good while. Though I have 2 things to add:

1: Make a recipe, probably using UU-Matter to create forcilium directly for servers that cant reset their maps to make the forcilium generate. This along with the depleted forcilium would be cool. Also can you make forcilium cells? I think it would be cooler to have the extractor use these cells. Like 1 cell + 8 forcilium dust = a forcilium power cell, also 1 cell + 8 forcilium block would create a dense forcilium power cell. The thinking behind this is i think it would be cooler to swap out cells then dump rocks into a machine but thats just me. Would also serve the purpose of condensing down the amount of forcilium people may have sitting in their chests, that is if these cells stack and i dont see why they shouldnt. Im aware that this suggestion would make you have to recalculate the amount of FP that the cells would make though this alongside with just dumping the raw forcilium in the extractor could work nicely as using raw forcilium wont produce a depleted material and would simply be consumed. The cells would be a way to conserve forcilium and make it go further, though his may necessitate reducing the amount dropped per block or spawn rarity. Though this leaves the problem of the dense power cells. I guess you could make depleted dense power cells but we dont have a redstone block, though the recipe could be like this:

redstone forcblock redstone
    lapblock depleted glowblock
    redstone forcblock redstone

and the regular power cell could be:

focilium lapisdust redstone
    glowdust depleted glowstone
    redstone lapisdust forcilium

Just a few suggestions for the focilium mechanic.

2: Can you add a config option to make the capacitor to use the old functionality to make it power directly off of eu? Some of us wont like the forcilium thing and just want to place it and forget it. This will have more people use your mod. This is for the people or servers that cant reset their maps or dont like the forcilium thing. Again, just a suggestion so you dont alienate some of your users.

I know this is alot of suggestions but there just some ideas I thought up while playing around with the mod.

• Kane Hart and Mint thanks for the suggestions

currently working on:

MFFS not work in Mystcraft Ages will be fix in .24
    add Option for Converter to Forceenergy -> Buildcraft(MJ) and fix small bugs.

• Will reinforced stone be usable in the camouflage upgrade?

and how about a stealth upgrade where it wont zap them when they try to break it and it wont put up a message either so taht they wont know its a forcefield :Matter:

:Force Field: :Force Field: :Force Field:

:Force Field: :Matter: :Force Field: Forcefields: the only place to keep UU!

:Force Field: :Force Field: :Force Field:

Edited once, last by JamaicanSoup ().

• 2: Can you add a config option to make the capacitor to use the old functionality to make it power directly off of eu?

+1 to this suggestion. I personally liked that i could create self sufficient protected areas, right now it's impossible and anyone with enough patience can keep the chunk loaded and wait till forcium runs out (or break any automated means of getting it from the outside).

It might be a good thing for some [pvp focused] servers, but there should be an option to turn it to the old system.

• Multitool wrench v22 I think on a projector produced:

Edited once, last by Kane Hart ().

• Kane Hart: thx but v.22 ?? and please use Spoiler for crashlog ;)

Hellgate79: a wiki would take 50% + my time in demanding I prefer to put the time in error elimination

JamaicanSoup: on my to-do list camouflage upgrade use IC2,Buildcraft blocks...done when done ;)

Mint , bdew remove Forcecium and capacitor create make it power directly off of eu ??

NO, is the new mod mechanic. I will add late game mechanic to produce Forcecium out of UU-:Matter: So if you have enough power create UU-:Matter: -> Forcecium -> ForceField run infinitely..