[Addon V1.112]Modular Force Field System Version 2.2.8.3.6 (SSP/SMP)

• i might be asking a captain obvious question, but could someone tell me in short the history of this mod in comparison to Immibis mod? they both do very similar things, so was it that someone stopped updating one mod and someone else picked it up? and by the time the original author came back the spin off mod had a life of it's own? or this is just two people having exactly the same idea for a mod? why i am asking this really is because a long time ago i used immibis's, then MFFS as a replacement, but now both are up to date and i do not know which one to pick, especially when i havent used them very extensively, so i cant compare them objectively. or can they both be installed at the same time? but i dont think that's a good idea... then again what do i know... can anyone give some advice?

Histroy Summary:

with the disappearance of ForceField change IC - > IC2... I have startet to create MFFS September 2011...
    over several steps to final V1 Version .. search on Youtube Direwolf20 ModSpotlight nice Overview on the History

May 23rd 2012 i have published Version 1.2 Opensource and take a short break 1-2 months.
    immibis's take my V1.2 MFFS code and has it further maintained....

After my Return i have start create MFFS "V2" ......practically a new development with lot of changes....

ForceFields "Original idea" by IC Team..continued by me...
    Immibis MFFS further developed Spin Off of the original V 1.2 Version + own ideas..

Current status: Thunderdark,Matchlighter,Lightone work on MFFS 2.2.* as teamwork (Opensource Project)

• thanks! :D it's just as i thought

but does anyone use both mods at once? or that's just redundant? maybe someone can give me a few reasons why they like MFFS over Immibis's? or Immibis's over MFFS? ;]

i've installed both and probably gonna have to do some "testing" to find out which one is for me ^^

• Hi all need some Feedback for V2.2.8.3.4pre :thumbdown: .. :thumbup:,
    if :thumbup: i will upload to the FTB System for General Update

• Hi all need some Feedback for V2.2.8.3.4pre :thumbdown: .. :thumbup:,
    if :thumbup: i will upload to the FTB System for General Update

I have a slight bug with the Area Defense station. When I upgraded, the Area Defense station began killing me upon almost every login. After respawn however, I'm allowed inside my house to collect the items. I'm not sure why, but for now its turned off. Any ideas? :(

But besides the bug, I love the redesigned blocks. They look awesome. And I'm sure the infinite charge card will help admins to keep their servers safe. Or give RichardG another way to prank users. (Yes, I'm well aware you can't craft it, but RG will find a way to get it.) :thumbup:
    But just one thing I don't get. The new Control System. How does one use it :?:

• I have company this weekend. Most I can do is troll :)

Though I have a really crazy idea... A MFFS Mob neutralization block. Where you can place it and give it a certain radius of what to counter act the MFFS defence block. Great for doing stuff like Shadows Soul Shards and etc. I pretty much cap out my area's all the time so now I gotta run 100's of blocks away to create a special spawner. Be cool just to have a block that cancels the effect ;)

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• Just asking to use this mod, in my privately distributed modpack. Its about 20 regular players, whitelisted, and monitored at all times. Hosted in house, and is not a paid server.

Thanks for your time, and your great mod. Look forward too seeing what you have stored for it in the future.

• I have a slight bug with the Area Defense station. When I upgraded, the Area Defense station began killing me upon almost every login. After respawn however, I'm allowed inside my house to collect the items. I'm not sure why, but for now its turned off. Any ideas? :(

But besides the bug, I love the redesigned blocks. They look awesome. And I'm sure the infinite charge card will help admins to keep their servers safe. Or give RichardG another way to prank users. (Yes, I'm well aware you can't craft it, but RG will find a way to get it.) :thumbup:
    But just one thing I don't get. The new Control System. How does one use it:?:

I don't even have an area defense station, I set up an extractor, capacitor, projector with a sphere shape and about 7 strength upgrades, flipped it on and it instantly killed me.

I guess you need to have an ID card now all properly set up before you even turn the system on for testing?

(As a side note, I now have a forcefield sphere powered by a fully charged forcicium cell that I won't be able to turn off for probably a year or two... The MFFS tool won't let me in as security hasn't been set up for it yet.)

• Thunderdark, would you mind explaining what exactly the new control block does and how it works with the others? Probably alot easier than blindly trying to figure it out.

• Awesome, thanks! One thing I didn't see which I had requested previously was if there was a way you can set up the defence station to emit a redstone signal when it has to do any of the actions that have been selected. For example, if you have it set to inform/kill a player when they enter the range of the device, it will emit a redstone signal, which you can then use to activate your projector (as long as it is in the redstone activate setting). This way the defence station can also allow you to dictate when your forcefield comes on, so as to not have to have it running constantly.

• I had an interesting idea for a new block. I noticed it in DW's videos that it was quite a task to get an ID card from everyone. He had to hand them stuff and then have them make the card and then hand the stuff back. This is find if you play with people you trust, but what about on public servers? My idea is for an ID Scanner block. You put it outside your door and when someone wants access, the right click the block. A card is made and is sent to the security station storage. You can later assign the rules for them. The ID station could also maybe output a redstone signal to open a door or something to someone with permission to do so. It's just an idea, take it or leave it. Love this mod, one of my top 10. Keep up the great work!

• Thunderdark,

First off let me say that I enjoy this mod thoroughly, and continually use it in all my MC endeavors. Prior to the Redpower2 release that came out in Dec, the mffs projectors as well as other blocks in the mod were movable by Redpower2 Frames. This allowed for a multitude of awesomeness to be constructed. I was wondering if this was a detail overlooked in the recent releases of your mod, or instead a planned move. Reason being I have currently been working on a build in which a 70x70x70 super base will use a combination of frames and mffs projectors to 1.) Allow through Field fusion ( a great addition) the creation of a impervious shielding. 2.) The block breaker (another great addition) will allow me to devastate anything in my path. The dilemma is I have started doing the testing on multiple systems that will be within the structure and have stumbled upon this, after seeing that it at one time was possible through this video Mining Turtle Super-Sized.

MANY MANY DIAMONDS TO YOU GOOD SIR!!!!! :Industrial Diamond: :Industrial Diamond: :Industrial Diamond: :Industrial Diamond: :Industrial Diamond: :Industrial Diamond: :Industrial Diamond: :Industrial Diamond:

Regards,
    Kaatoz

• Hello Thunderdark,

I am here getting permission to use MFFS. It is going to be in a private modpack, exclusively for my community. This modpack will be available through the 'Private Modpack' option in the FTB Launcher.
    Thank you

• Anyone have suggestions on how to protect my base underground and the surface and keep a few Soulshard spawners not effected in a small say 16x16 areas?

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.