[Addon V1.112]Modular Force Field System Version 2.2.8.3.6 (SSP/SMP)

"January 31, 2013, 4:45am day three of power shortage, still cant get that f$%king MFFS converter to output anything more than ZERO EU per packet, at a rate of 9 packets a tick.
    It worked just fine before the update, now i cant even find its config file to manually set the output. public build on server, not going well. zero documentation on this god forsaken new gui. I cant understand why they decided to try and fix what simply was not broken.

End of log."

Well ladies and gentlemen, what you just read, was coined by a VERY disgruntled engineer on a private ftb server, the only power we have now is a biomass generator without any plant matter. i'm about at the end of my tether here, if someone can PLEASE tell me what i'm clearly doing wrong here, forcicium is my primary power source due to its extreme efficiency. ive got power link cards installed, ive got a full tank of force energy, ive got the redstone signals on, but the only thing i can seemingly configure is a 1-9 number entry on the right hand side of the panel, seems to be number of packets output. the EU per packet i'm assuming is the zero on the left, which wont let me adjust it no matter what the hell i try. screenshot provided. need immediate support. post is set to email me the minute someone replies.

• @Thunderdark
    No, I haven't used wrathlamps. I've tried to reproduce this in singleplayer. First, used 16-radius forcefields and tried to merge them. Worked fine. Then I tried to merge 64 and 64 radius forcefields and game freezed. So I guess this thing happened because of huge amount of calculations, because game itself was working, but I couldn't open any inventory.

• i was suing the Solitary Craft pack and here is a list of the mods http://www.atlauncher.com/solitarycraft/ (i was on a server using all mods except the TrainCraft and MAtmos, i will see if i cant get the server logs. i was able to reproduce it every time in single player following the exact steps i listed in the other post)

on a side note here is a crash log from when i was wrenching a force field with the multiTool.
    http://pastebin.com/8Q8DeXm5

• Dear Thunderark,

I represent our project Craftbuff.net – the first and the largest Russian-speaking Feed The Beast community. We got together about 3 months ago and now are successfully and rapidly developing. We would like to ask for your permission to use your
    mod in our private modpack on the server craftbuff.net. According to the license agreement we have posted all the links and credits on the public webpage http://bit.ly/11a0ZRB. We would be looking forward to your answer.

Sincerely yours,
    CraFTBuff Team

• I don't know if this has been mentioned before (or if this is even up to your mod). But is there a way to make it so you can sort using inv tweaks (or whatever the chest sorting mod is) in the secured storage? Because it's annoying not to be able to auto sort things in those chests. Also you can't shift click items out of certain blocks, which again is just a QoL adjustment. But if the sorting inside of chests is not up to your mod, let me know and I'll take my request elsewhere xD. Thanks for your time anyway. ps I really love your mod for keeping ppl I don't like out of my house, the "death field" is the best idea ever. Cheers.

• Well ladies and gentlemen, what you just read, was coined by a VERY disgruntled engineer on a private ftb server, the only power we have now is a biomass generator without any plant matter. i'm about at the end of my tether here, if someone can PLEASE tell me what i'm clearly doing wrong here, forcicium is my primary power source due to its extreme efficiency. ive got power link cards installed, ive got a full tank of force energy, ive got the redstone signals on, but the only thing i can seemingly configure is a 1-9 number entry on the right hand side of the panel, seems to be number of packets output. the EU per packet i'm assuming is the zero on the left, which wont let me adjust it no matter what the hell i try. screenshot provided. need immediate support. post is set to email me the minute someone replies.

All options and modules in MFFS blocks can only be toggled when the block is turned off.

• It looks like it's been made private. Thunderdark, does this mean MFFS' source is being closed? :(

Either the repo is closed, and Thunderdark is paying for GitHub now, or it's just completely removed.

• Hi All,

GitHub repository is again open to the public 8) please add bug message ;)

about Modpacks permission ...if you use FTB Laucher please not PM me you have my Permission..THX..

I have currently not much time to work on MFFS...fix BIg bugs Yes but not more....

• On a recent Direwolf20 SMP Let's play, he was using MFFS to create a force field around a Wither arena. The forcefield was this cool yellow lined thing that looked awesome but I can't seem to duplicate this in my own game. What settings / options / modules did he use? Any ideas?

-edit-

Never mind, I figured it out. It's the containment module.

• Thunder, Any chance you can look more into performance issues in the future or have tweaking advice. I can tell you not that its healthy but creating a couple max size MFFS can lag the server a lot but hmm wonder if there is other ways. I remember a bukkit plugin ages ago and I was pretty sure it was threaded but also sending packet to the client of blocks that were actually not there but showed up there to the client aand of course prevent the user from getting there. The performance was amazing I think because your actually placing a block in each spot and one forcefield could be many 1000's of blocks.

Idk just randomly spitting out ideas.

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• I'm noticing significant FPS drop when using 4 Extractors to feed 1 Capacitor. if i cut the IC2 power to the machines i get my FPS back. going from 120+ to 37 is pretty harsh lol. Just letting you know in case there is some thoughts on the situation.

Edit: I should point out that there is no FPS drop if the extractors are on feeding the capacitor running on strait FE its only when they are connected to IC2 power that the FPS drop happens

Edit2: Seems like the faster a Extractor is calculating WE: % from High Voltage the more this occurs. so even 1 Extractor running on 512 EU will drop it to 47 FPS

• I have a question concerning the "Filed Fusion" option. I have already turned the internet upside down and have not found an answer, I have just found a lot of people asking the same question. How does it work and how do you use it?

• I adore this mod, but I have several questions I can't find answers to. Maybe they've been suggested - Either way I haven't found the information on it. If this hasn't been covered, feel free to take it as a suggestion.

Firstly, a couple of things I've been looking to do but can't figure out how.

a) Getting MFFS Capacitors/Projectors to emit a redstone signal of some form or some other indication when they are empty and or have been nuked to all hell and overloaded. (E.g., projector is taken down with nukes, sends signal, second projector turns on.)

Now I understand this might be impossible to have projector blocks emit redstone signals, considering they take a redstone signal. A workaround idea may be to create a new block such as a 'Projector Status' block, that takes a ID card of the projector, and will emit a redstone signal if the projector linked to it goes offline. With basic redstone logic, the player could distinguish between the field switching off due to players flicking the switch, or nuke overloads. :whistling:

I can't remember the second thing. Ah, damn.

Moving on. Another thing I've noticed while looking for easy ways past an MFFS (I'm sure this has been pointed out) is mining laser on explosive mode. Not only does it get through MFFS relatively easily, but, if you spam explosive shots (autoclicker?) At an area of terrain that once destroyed would be replaced with forcefield blocks, much of the explosive charge from the laser will penetrate beyond the field radius just before the field covers and shields it.

[11:59] <RyanRolls> haha assembly table was really fun..the lasers made me feel like I was in some weird star wars thing
    [12:00] <Sasstraliss> This assembly table is FULLY OPERATIONAL
    [12:00] <Sasstraliss> >:L
    [12:00] <@Mead> Fear will keep the local crafting systems in line

Edited once, last by Sasstraliss ().

• V2.2.8.3.6 only small fix update

fix crashbug
    fix texture Bug in Projector
    fix Convertor Powerloop
    change FF touch Damage System only Damage Player without rights

So, now using this set up I can consume Forcicium to produce just enough power when converted to extract more forcicium. So overall power level is staying the same but I'm using up forcicium. That's how it's supposed to be now?
    http://imgur.com/OeuGwAa