1.8.9 vs 1.9 vs new 1.10

• Official Post

I like to keep up to date, but also I realize there is a TON of work to get massive mods like this working properly.
    I see there is an experimental 1.10 mod now (or at least a Jenkins thread). There is also a 1.9, and I've been running 1.8.9.

1. Should I stick to 1.8.9 due to lack of bugs? Should I move to latest version after 1 month because most bugs will be at least at the same level as my version?
    2. If I move, should I expect to lose my world? (given versions mentioned at time of writing, above)

• Official Post

I'd say 1.8.9 isn't especially better in terms of bugs, enet explosions are back for 1.9+, JEI support is substantially better, and there's all sorts of little things like energy storage blocks ignoring redstone, energy splitter+detector cables not working and trade/energy-o-mats not working with personal safe. There isn't a version of Thaumcraft 5 or Buildcraft for 1.9+ though.

If you do move, your world should be fine, I've not tried doing it with particularly large worlds but nothing should break. Apart from bad wiring though, that could cause your machines to explode ;)

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Hm... quick question: I basically use batteries as step-down transformers. Any issues with this?
    Example: MFSU -> MFE -> CESU -> Batbox -> machines, no transformers needed! Unless I'm wrong, in which case half my base dies...

Your wording is slightly ambiguous. If you mean you charge battery items (energy crystal, advanced RE-battery, RE-battery) in the next higher-tier EU storage block, then manually transfer them to the matching-tier EU storage block, which seems tedious, that should be safe. If you mean you have an MFSU directly powering an MFE and so on, that will trigger explosion(s) (I just tried it myself in creative mode with the latest IC2 for 1.10).