[1.9.4+] Reinforcement

• Outside are only zombies and lurking pieces of green slime left after nuclear war... with them. You are walking through large shelter deep underground. Saved by tons of concrete, in this asylum of metal plates, reinforced glass and last traces of mankind knowledge.

Reinforcement aims at enhancing look of themed buildings by adding new blocks and small configurable changes to IC2 Exp.
    Now addon adds:

More Screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/vTOWq
    Downloads: https://github.com/Reoseah/Reinforcement/releases
    Old versions also contain Chiseling Machine and some additional blocks and require RebornCore library.

Changelog

License

Suggestions and issue reports are welcomed in this thread.

His Superior Darkness Earl Cat blesses everybody who reads this with aroma of catnip and bergamot. :Industrial Diamond:

Edited 6 times, last by Reoseah: New version ().

• There is a Hook in the IC2 API that lets you fix the Nuke Resistance, dont know how it was named or if it got replaced in 1.9, but there was one.

I can't find it. I've searched in both 1.9.4 and 1.10 versions. There is only "ExplosionWhitelist", but its JavaDoc says "Blocks on this whitelist will not resist an explosion but won't be destroyed" for "...personal safes, Trade-O-Mats and other blocks...".

But it seems like blocks with negative explosion resistance are ignored by IC nuke. Have not tested it.

Edit: yes, it works for IC2 explosives... but not works against creepers and normal tnt, so it is not a solution. So I'll wait for such hook in IC2 API.

His Superior Darkness Earl Cat blesses everybody who reads this with aroma of catnip and bergamot. :Industrial Diamond:

Edited once, last by Reoseah ().

• The registry is there simply to allow highpower resistance if a Block has a to high resistance & is not registered in the IC2 Registry it will reset the resistance to 0.5... So just register your block in there.
    Also 1 Small little question: Why did you make the 1 block out of a Techreborn core when you could do it without also as easy?

• Also 1 Small little question: Why did you make the 1 block out of a Techreborn core when you could do it without also as easy?

Less code, maybe less bugs...
    I had my own machines that worked without RebornCore. But eventually have searched in TechReborn and RebornCore for some things and tried making a machine with RebornCore. However then I removed everything and decided to make such simple decorative addon )
    Also now I removed it completely. Just had no internet to update Github this night.

• For the mineral wool idea, wasn't there already a basalt block in IC2? It may have been removed since there was no recipe or generation iirc, but if it's still there you could just add a recipe and use that with ore dictionary support for other mods basalt too.

Now you see me, now you don't...

• For the mineral wool idea, wasn't there already a basalt block in IC2? It may have been removed since there was no recipe or generation iirc, but if it's still there you could just add a recipe and use that with ore dictionary support for other mods basalt too.

Yes, basalt cobble is still there, but as just block so I do not count it. There is not many mods adding basalt. What's more, I not like alternative kinds of stone generated instead of normal one without other purpose then just decoration. So I remember "good" basalt only in RedPower )
    I think I will add ore dict support for basalt and also I will use prismarine as alternative.

Or maybe I can add volcanoes like RedPower had. I may even replace some IC2 ore to be "basalt-based" and generate in volcanoes just near their center filled with lava.

• Some crazy things with ic2 basalt. Older ones have bug with cutted chunks due to testing and need to spawn them close one to another. Also many of them are pretty small on surface, but it is just tip of the iceberg: they go are really large underground

• Official Post

Giant lumps of generated basalt would certainly make it easier to get than waiting for pahoehoe lava to cool down. Do ores generate in the lumps or are they overwritten?

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Do ores generate in the lumps or are they overwritten?

In custom stone nothing generates. Special generation need be written to add there anything.

Also more screenshots & volcano interior when I filled it with just air instead of lava... It seems to be slightly too large...

• That looks really impressive.
    Will the entire inside be filled with lava? If so, you don't need to go to the nether anymore, once you found such a thing.

With IC2Exp lava gens you run through this amount actually really quickly. I think this is a 40x60x40 build you can devide by 2 because only 50% of it are lava blocks.
    Its only 4800 Buckets of lava... I ran through just with 6 Lava gens a couple hundred (1-2) buckets every 5-10 minutes with that setup... so yeah...

• I'm still not sure whether I will add volcanoes. I have just experimented there.

Current algorithm is really simple and done in less then hour, but it already produces interesting landscapes sometimes. I generally satisfied with volcanoes placement - in each 32x32 chunk square exactly one volcano is always generated - but I will modify generation to emphasize more "minecraftish" generations with large overhangs and passages under them.

I've adored ExtremeHills generation that Minecraft someday had and I think 1.8+ generation with absolutely plain smooth hills is just a trash. New world generation takes away not only authenticity and splendor of old one but also lot of fun from game at all 3;
    Usually playing Minecraft I started in some mountain with balcony and windows in cliff and then ended with occupying entire biome... Occasionally I could try something different like living in The Twilight Forest large oaks, in Nether fortress or in The End. But living in plains... I found it so boring ._.

So if I will add volcanoes - no doubt it is something more then just basalt cone. But I have no textures for it. I want it to be also usable on its own.

• That looks neat. Now we only need a reinforced stone type, that can conduct energy and we can fully encase our reactor in reinforced stone.

I have another idea. Just cover cables by iron or alloy plates instead of rubber.

Also I remember when I experimented with cables I had few problems. First and main there is no way to get cable color without reflection or more complicated tools. That means I can't make my colored cables to not connect to IC2 cables of other color without strong dependency on how ic2 cables coded. So if I will just do them, they may suddenly not work with new version and also compatibility with IC2Classic will be additional complication.

I think IC2 API could have something to access color of cables "safely". For example, it could be interface like this:

Code
    public interface IColoredCable {	@Nullable EnumDye getCableColor();}
  • I just added a Colored cable interface. You can use that for colored cable connectivity.

Finally after 2 MC versions where ic2 classic has that implemented and suggested it to the team since months someone decided to support it...
    And now you expand it to a anything can be colorcoloded in the Enet...

• Check the api for the latest 1.10 build.

I had checked and I asked about it. Just curious.

* Interface, that allows Blocks to be colored and have their connectivity based on that color.
    * This allows for any Energy Tile to be colored. (Conductors, Sinks, Sources)

Machines and generators could become colored just as wires?

* This is to get a Energy Tile's color for the given side. Mainly used for checking connectivity.
    * @param side The side you want to get the color from.

I future we could paint each side separately?