Teleporter only showing smoke/dust.

• Hello again,

i managed to set up the teleporter. Both are connected to a fully charged batbox and have a pressure plate, they are 12 Blocks in the hight and a few block in other directions from each other, but all they do is showing brown/orange dust/smoke.

What is wrong there?

• Official Post

Teleporters use a lot of power, so it's likely the batbox doesn't store enough power to move you.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Bah, thats mean, 40k not even enough for maybe 20 Blocks. I emptied my inventory, but still the same. I'm gonna try to add a MFE.

• well first aroma you are wrong: Batboxes support the Teleporter. (Even Validated it)
    Sulas chocohead is right. The teleporter is using quite a lot of energy but even that could be solved very easy.
    Because the Teleporter also calculates a weight. A Player Has a Baseweight of 1000 and each full stack in your inventory has a weight of 100 (if it is not full devide stacksize by maxStackSize and that times 100).

And all that weight get included into the player...
    So i suggest you to clear your inventory. (Math of cost: weight * ((block distance + 10) ^ 0.7) * 5).

• I think the Problem wasn't enough power, but i have a new Problem.

I set them up with CESU on each side. Now i can only teleport from the lower level to the upper. I double checked everything, the CESUs are charged and the outputside is faceing to the pad, but its not working, its just doing nothing.

BTW, when i tested it yesterday there was an explotion somewhere, but i checked it, everyhting is working well, except the teleporter. Maybe that sounds dumb, but may it be that the teleporter is "damaged"?

• Another feature of ic2Exp Teleporters they try keep sending you to another locations... as long they are powered. Thats why you should use a button instead of using pressure plates.
    (You got teleported like 50 times at once and then 1 teleporter ran out of power)

• Official Post

It's not actually a feature of experimental teleporters at all, it was a feature of all IC2 teleporters (ever since they were added) until 1.9+ in which they now only teleport you if the destination teleporter is off. You can also seen being teleported back and forth between them too, so it would be strange for it to stop working if the CESU recharged for the top teleporter.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Well what if he went of the teleporter when the energy was used up. I meant he said he had 4CESU as charges... Also i think that veryfiy idea is not a good idea... It causes chunkloading every 1024ticks...
    i just did it that it tries to teleport the entity and then set a cooldown for 20 ticks... (Redstone has to be offline). that prevents lag & also allows not this fast left right teleportation and does not cause chunkloading every 1024 ticks...

• It's not actually a feature of experimental teleporters at all, it was a feature of all IC2 teleporters (ever since they were added) until 1.9+ in which they now only teleport you if the destination teleporter is off. You can also seen being teleported back and forth between them too, so it would be strange for it to stop working if the CESU recharged for the top teleporter.

You finally fixed the teleporter ping-pong? That's great!

Sulas, linking the teleporters is not symetric. That is to say, linking A -> B does not make B teleport to A. If you want to go both ways, you have to link it the other way too. Or instead you could have A -> B -> C, or 5 remotes all send you back to one home, and so on.

• Official Post

Oh great Chocohead, now that it only teleports if the destination is OFF, that means that you can break Teleporters now, because if the Teleporter is in an unloaded Chunk and used a Button or Pressure Plate to activate itself, it won't ever deactivate, meaning you cannot teleport back AT ALL.

This means, you either need a "huge" Redstone Circuit to wire those things OR that you need two Sets of Teleporters per destination...

• Oh great Chocohead, now that it only teleports if the destination is OFF, that means that you can break Teleporters now, because if the Teleporter is in an unloaded Chunk and used a Button or Pressure Plate to activate itself, it won't ever deactivate, meaning you cannot teleport back AT ALL.

This means, you either need a "huge" Redstone Circuit to wire those things OR that you need two Sets of Teleporters per destination...

Ahh, right... them getting stuck on due to chunk unloading was the underlying cause of the ping-pong. The proper fix is for them to refuse to teleport you for 5 seconds after arriving via teleportation.