[IC2 Exp][1.10.x] Advanced Machines - It's all new

• Official Post

Gist Rport

Can't Find a github repo to report this to so here you go. :)

The beta version needs IC2 2.6.192+, hence it's still beta until the IC2 on Curse is updated. Functionally it's otherwise identical to 60.0.2, so you're not missing out from not updating yet ;)

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• The beta version needs IC2 2.6.192+, hence it's still beta until the IC2 on Curse is updated. Functionally it's otherwise identical to 60.0.2, so you're not missing out from not updating yet ;)

Ah that answers my not yet written post. Anyway, can you explain me why a NoClassDefFoundError exception is thrown? I might learn something new about classloaders which I do not know yet.

Edit: you did not answered my post. Am I allowed to have my hopes op for overclocker support (and maybe 4 upgrade slots). I have the energy to supply them and i really want to use the superspeed for autocrafting.

• Official Post

Anyway, can you explain me why a NoClassDefFoundError exception is thrown? I might learn something new about classloaders which I do not know yet.

In 192, the upgrade interfaces moved, so the old locations advanced machines was compiled against no longer exist. But, the method names for the interface haven't changed, so the new ones were being overridden by methods which returned different (and incompatible) things. The class therefore fails to define, returns null as a result in find class, causing it to appear to not be found on the class path. The actual exception stack trace is very long, and the real detail is cut off from the end.

Am I allowed to have my hopes op for overclocker support (and maybe 4 upgrade slots). I have the energy to supply them and i really want to use the superspeed for autocrafting.

No, these machines are just like the induction furnace is to the electric furnace. If you want anything faster you have to use the masses of power overclocked normal machines use. It fits with IC2's own balance better.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• Ah okay that makes sense.

i am sure it would be possible to consider this as well. But if I do not get it, i will not get it.

• Are all 3 machines MV at 128 EU/t both in and out?

The Centrifuge Extractor doesn't accept Purified Crushed ores. What do you use it for?

Thanks.

• Hey guys.

When crafting the Impellerized Roller, it did not consume the Forge Hammers as per the recipe.

I have placed the Impellerized Roller on LV Copper Cable, but the machine will not power up. Is it designed to not work with LV, or could this be a bug?

Does this machine also do the cutting and extruding the same way the Metal Former does? I didn't see anything obvious in the UI to switch modes?

I'm on Forge 2281 and IC2 190 (everything newer than 190 crashes).

Lastly, unrelated to this topic, but who can we bribe to get Nuclear Control updated? That other group that was doing something similar seems dead.

Keep up the good work guys, the new site looks great.

• Official Post

You'll need to update Advanced Machines, fairly certain I fixed the recipe consuming issues a while ago. And the beta on Curse works with newer than 190. The 3 modes of the Metal Former are 3 separate machines, the Impellerized Roller, the Liquescent Extruder and the Water-Jet Cutter.

As for Nuclear Control, it sort of slowly getting there. I have my own private version, but that's very unfinished too and is effectively a straight port from Shedar's version compared to World Control that's a rewritten form that looks to have different mechanics/things.

I see this too much.

• That's great news about Nuclear Control!

My Advanced Machines is 60.0.0. I would love to update, but I saw you mention that it requires 192 or newer. As I said, everything above 190 crashes my client and server both. I'm using the newest Forge, and I have also used older versions with the same result.

Any suggestions?

• Official Post

Only 60.0.3 needs 192+, you should still be able to use 60.0.2 fine. The fact updating IC2 itself crashes isn't good, if you update them at the same time everything should be fine. What's the crash that you get?

I see this too much.

• Here's the crash log with v200 loaded:

• Official Post

You did update Advanced Machines when you updated IC2 too right?

I see this too much.

• The crash log was posted with 60.0.2 of Advanced Machines, Forge 2281, and IC2 200.

Wait, are you saying that you need 60.0.3 for this to work?

edit: Okay, it's working with 60.0.4. That was confusing!

• Official Post

Yeah, the whole reason 60.0.3 exists is because the older ones will break with the newer versions of IC2.

I see this too much.

• Hello Chocohead,

thanks for maintaining this awesome mod! I have been using it in a custom 1.10 modpack; now I want to update to 1.11.2 and this is the last mod which is not updated.
    I'm not asking you to update, its up to you. If I can do anything to speed up the update process (I have enough java knowledge, I guess), let me know :). It would be just fine for me to update this mod to 1.11.2 for everyone :)

Greetings, Spatium

• Official Post

It shouldn't be too bad to port, which is probably good because I'm also quite busy right now. If all goes well, it should be done within a week. Hopefully.

I see this too much.