Suggestion: Holographic Projector

• Place down the holographic projector, and right click (without any tools) to bring up the interface.

1 slot -- Place an item in here, and that is what the Hologram uses to create an image. Example: Place smoothstone, and the hologram is made of smoothstone. Place Cobble, etc you get the idea.

3 lines for settings, with numbers 1 though 9. This is Height and Width and depth. This tells you how big the projector's image will be. Example:

You choose 1x3x3, it creates a 1x3x3 wall of whatever material you placed in the item slot. (Not sure if this is do-able, if not, we'll need to figure out another way to size the thing).

Finally, theres a checkbox (or yes/no, or something) that determines whether the hologram is 'solid' or not. Solid holograms act just like normal MC blocks -- non solid holograms LOOK just like MC blocks, but you can walk right through them. (Perhaps toggle this with a redstone current?)

Requires 1eu/s per block. 2 eu/s per SOLID block (double energy cost to make image solid, aka can't walk through it).

Thoughts? :)

• At first glance I thought the idea silly.

But when I thought about it this could be useful. An answer to someone elses suggestion to a cloaking device. Not exactly cloak, but a disguise. Turn your industrial city into a mountain.

• Yeah the cloaking device was my idea ^^ ... although it would be awesome to make something disappear (still hoping ...), turning it into a mountain would be pretty neat as well.

Also, just imagine what kind of secret hidouts you can make if you could use a freqtrans to turn a holographic wall solid/non-solid!!
    for example: My secret lab is hidden behind a holographic solid wall. I right-click with my freqtrans and it becomes non-solid for let's say 5 seconds (enough for me to pass through)

I support this suggestion :thumbsup:

• One of my ideas for using this was a secret hideout as well :).

Imagine a mountain, with a specific path available made out of pass-through walls. You'd never know anything was there!

• One of my ideas for using this was a secret hideout as well :).

Imagine a mountain, with a specific path available made out of pass-through walls. You'd never know anything was there!

Combine holograms with traps.

Put a hologram up in front of a pressure plate system for landmines, etc.

Still remember the convo ending with "No, stop bugging me, cables transmitting energy are totally not possible! Use the batterys."

• For that to work, you'll need all 3 dimensions as settings on the right-click interface. So it'd be 1,3,3 -- 1 block high, 3 blocks wide, 3 blocks deep for example.

• A really good idea. You have my vote.

(Yea, I have to agree. I opened this thread thinking it was going to be poor. I was wrong. :P )

• Maybe :) but if the hologram switched between solid/nonsolid with a redstone signal, you could have a button or lever somewhere to allow you to temporarily pass through. :)