Convert old Texture Packs

• Hello,

since I can't seem to find a working and complete resource pack for 1.10 in 128x128 or larger I am trying to put something together from the few that I can find. Most of those are still texture packs with sprites all in one picture. It's no problem to seperate them but I am wondering if there is a list of some sort which item is where on there since I don't know the items (only strting with ic2 and I want the recource pack done).

I do know that there is a working sphax resource pack but I don't like the looks of it.

Hopefully someone can point me to a list or something so I can get working

Daenara

• If you open the IC2.jar file with 7zip or winrar and go to assets/ic2/textures, you'll see where they are in by default. You just need to place the textures at the same location in your texture pack.

That's not the problem. The problem I have is that I have textures but don't know which item of industrial craft they represent because I have no way of figuring which new name the new picture has to get. I have the old 1.4.x textures and want to convert it to an 1.10 pack.

• I think Aroma's first sentence is still useful. You can download a copy of IC2 for 1.4.x and open it to see how the default textures are arranged in the sprite sheets (I expect the default textures haven't changed that much, so you could look at the wiki or something to identify the default textures), and use that to determine which items and blocks are represented in the higher-resolution sprite sheets that you plan to cut apart for use in your 1.10 pack.

• Official Post

Funny you should bring this up, as yesterday I was searching for something entirely different and stumbled across this industrialcraft 2 texture guide. Whilst it was made in 2012 so it going to be missing a few of the later machines, it'll certainly get you started if you need help.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• @MauveCloud: That is a good idea and I will be doing this if I can't find another way to match them becauce I noticed some textrues are just very much alike.

@Chocohead: Thanks for the link .It sadly doesn't help with the item textures but at least I can get the machines sorted with it.

• No problem. I managed to somewhat figure it out, only the item sprites are still a mess but I got about half of them sorted. I just figured there might be a list or something to make it easier.

Daenara

I didn't know, you were talking about a 1.4 texturepack you want to update.
    I don't know about back then. That was before my time.

• I had a copy of the anilman dokucraft for IC2 that I had updated some years back and unthinkingly deleted it off my backup drive. Was going to do the same thing as you and get it updated for current but now I find it can't be downloaded anywhere. Sigh.

EDIT: Oops, I take that back. I had copies in other directories. For once, I'm thankful of my previously shoddy file management habits.

• I had a copy of the anilman dokucraft for IC2 that I had updated some years back and unthinkingly deleted it off my backup drive. Was going to do the same thing as you and get it updated for current but now I find it can't be downloaded anywhere. Sigh.

EDIT: Oops, I take that back. I had copies in other directories. For once, I'm thankful of my previously shoddy file management habits.

Since you found it again, would you mind if I used a few textures from it? I am aiming to put together something in 256x256 and more realistic but I could use the item sprites and maybe a few missing textures since anything i better than having nothing.

Daenara

• Since you found it again, would you mind if I used a few textures from it? I am aiming to put together something in 256x256 and more realistic but I could use the item sprites and maybe a few missing textures since anything i better than having nothing.

Daenara

I don't object, per se, but as it was not my work (actually an update to work with 1.7.10, which was latest at the time, which was a derivative done by Amilman of the original work by Doku) I don't feel permission is mine to give. The licenses and such across the line appear to be permissive (read: Creative Commons with credit given), so I can provide the saved files I have for you if you want.

Are you trying to redo the Dokucraft textures or something else?

• I don't object, per se, but as it was not my work (actually an update to work with 1.7.10, which was latest at the time, which was a derivative done by Amilman of the original work by Doku) I don't feel permission is mine to give. The licenses and such across the line appear to be permissive (read: Creative Commons with credit given), so I can provide the saved files I have for you if you want.

Are you trying to redo the Dokucraft textures or something else?

I'm only trying to put together something that won't look out of place with my custom texture pack compilation so I can play without having 16x16 textures in my 128x128+ minecraft world. I don't intend to publish it anywhere or recreate anything. My normal resource pack is a compilation of many realistic resource packs and a few others that I use with a few friends and since we wanted to play something akin to tekkit (normal tekkit won't do since we had a few problems with mods in tekkit, 1.7.10 and OptiFine which we like to use) I'm trying to get something that works but there just isn't much to work with since all is either to small or Sphax.

• I'm only trying to put together something that won't look out of place with my custom texture pack compilation so I can play without having 16x16 textures in my 128x128+ minecraft world. I don't intend to publish it anywhere or recreate anything. My normal resource pack is a compilation of many realistic resource packs and a few others that I use with a few friends and since we wanted to play something akin to tekkit (normal tekkit won't do since we had a few problems with mods in tekkit, 1.7.10 and OptiFine which we like to use) I'm trying to get something that works but there just isn't much to work with since all is either to small or Sphax.

In that case, the only thing I have appropriate to that size is the old 1.8.x LB photorealism 128x ic2 pack.

• In that case, the only thing I have appropriate to that size is the old 1.8.x LB photorealism 128x ic2 pack.

Having that would be great. Any others, even if they are smaller could still be useful for their icons or a few great textures that I can upscale. If you don't want to upload those files somewhere I can give you my email per PN and you can send them there.

• Having that would be great. Any others, even if they are smaller could still be useful for their icons or a few great textures that I can upscale. If you don't want to upload those files somewhere I can give you my email per PN and you can send them there.

Sure, send me a private message and I can email the files to you directly.