Suggestion: cameras and monitor

• Hi why not make cameras and monitor?I had this idea by watching a mod wich is for 1.7.3 and my modpack is 1.7.10 and the mod is dead but is preetty good,u can watch ur nuclear reactor and workers(with a mod) doing things in ur buildings,would be great u guys can keep or take the work of this dead mod is possibile to say other mod names in this forum?if yes let me know so i post this mod and u will see it... :thumbup:

• Official Post

You can mention other mods (it would make conversions hard if you couldn't), but if you're thinking of the mod I think you are, it's likely to be very hard to implement.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• As long as it's not iChun's PiP, it's not *that* hard.

nono,i mean the CCTV videocamera mod by kaevator,there are just 2 recipe/blocks, a camera block and a monitor wich is like a paint to place on a wall.....u think is possible to add in IC?

• Perhaps if a bigger update would come adding in more security-oriented tech, this would fit in. The tesla coil is already sort off a security feature or trap, so perhaps a camera may fit in, alongside perhaps a variant of the reinforced door that opens via entering a passcode in the GUI or palm scanner (opens when a certain player right-clicks it) and so on. On one hand, SecurityCraft already does this kinda thing. It has a decent system for the cams and ways to do the above, on the other hand, it's yet another mod to add and the fewer, the better, 1 big mod is less performance-heavy than many small ones, right?

• well as good as the Idea sounds that would simply mean to create a huge lag source on the ClientSide.
    Because you have to think of these things:
    -1: Chunkloading.
    -2: Renderring live the stuff which is not really made for MC
    -3: You have to create a second camera which does cause to draw everything on your computer, and if you are nearby it would render everything twice... Even if you make a player look at it detection.

-4: You require a lot of skill to make this happen, and also every mistake is a lag source... and i doubt that any of the ic2 members have any experience with that... And even i would not try myself on something like that... Not even on 1.7.10... (Which would be the easier version to do)

• Perhaps if a bigger update would come adding in more security-oriented tech, this would fit in. The tesla coil is already sort off a security feature or trap, so perhaps a camera may fit in, alongside perhaps a variant of the reinforced door that opens via entering a passcode in the GUI or palm scanner (opens when a certain player right-clicks it) and so on. On one hand, SecurityCraft already does this kinda thing. It has a decent system for the cams and ways to do the above, on the other hand, it's yet another mod to add and the fewer, the better, 1 big mod is less performance-heavy than many small ones, right?

yea security craft did that,but the problem is that they made cams wiich move watching left and right and after 5 minutes they move very fast and u cant see nothing because they are too fast,peoples including me asked them to make them stopped on a visual but they doesnt answer.....in final after 5 mins u placed the cam if u dont destroy and replace the cam u are not going to see anything i even asked a way on how to slow them (is not possibile by the confing file) but they doesnt answer...so their cameras and monitors are preetty useless

• There is a fairly simpler solution Speiger, instead of having a live image, the monitor could be a block with a blank image and when activated a GUI pops up and there is a list of the connected cameras, you select one and you see it, replacing your vision somehow. Pretty much like in SecurityCraft, except that they have an item to do that, not a block. If you download it and try it yourself you'll see, it's easier if you see for yourself than for me to explain.

• yea security craft did that,but the problem is that they made cams wiich move watching left and right and after 5 minutes they move very fast and u cant see nothing because they are too fast,peoples including me asked them to make them stopped on a visual but they doesnt answer.....in final after 5 mins u placed the cam if u dont destroy and replace the cam u are not going to see anything i even asked a way on how to slow them (is not possibile by the confing file) but they doesnt answer...so their cameras and monitors are preetty useless

I'm not sure what you mean, last time I tried SecuirtyCraft I used the Monitor item with the cams and they wouldn't move at all unless moved by me, here's what I mean: When I'm not on the camera, it will slowly move left-right as if it's watching the room. When I use the camera, the view is stationary unless I move it from the buttons, and it's still a slow movement, perhaps you have a buggy or corrupt version?

• I'm not sure what you mean, last time I tried SecuirtyCraft I used the Monitor item with the cams and they wouldn't move at all unless moved by me, here's what I mean: When I'm not on the camera, it will slowly move left-right as if it's watching the room. When I use the camera, the view is stationary unless I move it from the buttons, and it's still a slow movement, perhaps you have a buggy or corrupt version?

i mean the camera turn left and right moving the wiev but after some time the cams increasa the speed of it and if u replce them they go normal speed,and with lookingglass tool u can place monitor on a frame and see it from a block

• i mean the camera turn left and right moving the wiev but after some time the cams increasa the speed of it and if u replce them they go normal speed,and with lookingglass tool u can place monitor on a frame and see it from a block

Looking glass would do just what Speiger said, lag up the server, so it's not reccomended. On a side note, I once tried looking glass with it, and it bugged out, it replaced my view with that of the camera in that world, permanently until I managed to destroy the screen so I'd go back to normal, that thing is buggy as heck.

• Actually it would not really lag the server... The camera would require to be a chunkloader... Thats it. it would lag the client since they have to make a camera for everything when they get renderered xD

• EnderIOs stuff can you count as a Gui that you have to open. So it does everything based of a thing you have to stay nearby so everything is loaded.

With a camera & displays (You can see ingame without a gui) is it differend. Since they live render the stuff from the position...
    Screenshots would also not help because it would freeze the computer of that person to make a screenshot to save it... even if you have only a 1-2 second delay between those