[IC2 Exp][1.10.x] Advanced Solar Panels v4.0.4 - Hey I remember that!

• Bug report: this mod does not handle higher-resolution gui textures properly. I initially noticed it with the Molecular Transformer (in survival), and that is what the screenshots show, but I checked the other machines in creative mode, and they are similarly affected. First screenshot is with default ASP textures. Second is with 256x textures from http://bdcraft.net/community/p…ed-solar-panels-t788.html

I'm using Forge 12.18.3.2221 and the following mods:

I also tried disabling Optifine, in case that would help, but it did not.

• Official Post

162 shouldn't change anything related to scaling, with XML GUIs anyway. In trying to make IC2 handle it properly it appears to have broken ASP, although that was quite a while ago so I would've expected someone to have noticed sooner. Should be simple enough to fix though, the image tags in the XMLs will need basesize=256 as an additional attribute.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• 162 shouldn't change anything related to scaling, with XML GUIs anyway. In trying to make IC2 handle it properly it appears to have broken ASP, although that was quite a while ago so I would've expected someone to have noticed sooner. Should be simple enough to fix though, the image tags in the XMLs will need basesize=256 as an additional attribute.

I tried that locally, and it seems to have worked.

• At first: Great mod thanks for updating it!

I was finally able to craft my first Quantum Solar panel but then I realized that it generates at the day more than it can output.
    This means I actually halved my EU production. Is there a way I can output the 4096 EU/t ?
    Maybe you could increase the output or add another line in the config file to change it.

Have a wonderful day.

Greetings

• Official Post

Is there a way I can output the 4096 EU/t ?

You can increase the tier in the config from 4 to 5 and that should mean it can output up to 8196 EU/t.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• See my screenshot

I'm using the Sphax ressource pack, the normal BDcraft x32 MC1.10 pack and the suplemental Sphax x64 RR4 pack - I'm using Resonant Rise 4 btw

Now, the Molecular Transformer's UI goes back to normal if I disable the ressource packs. But I really like the nice look of Sphax.

Any thoughts on how to fix this?

• Official Post

It's the same thing as at the top of the page, I haven't got around to releasing the fixed build yet.

In the mean time you can just add basesize=256 to all of the image tags in the XML files if you want to fix it immediately.

I see this too much.

• Somehow the quantum solar panel only outputs 2048 EU/t in the standard configuration.
    I took a look in my configuration and there "I:QuantumSPTier=4" is set. Why would you set it to 4 when the solar panel generates more than a trier 4 machine can output.

• Official Post

Somehow the quantum solar panel only outputs 2048 EU/t in the standard configuration.
    I took a look in my configuration and there "I:QuantumSPTier=4" is set. Why would you set it to 4 when the solar panel generates more than a trier 4 machine can output.

I was just using the old default values 1.7.10 had. I suppose the logic partly was that it generated more than it could output so it's own internal buffer would fill, and the fact there never used to be a way to down-transform more than tier 4. Since there is now though, changing it to tier 5 might be best.

I see this too much.

• Another thing I never asked because I signed up in this forum. Why do the solar helmets lose the functions of the quantum helmet? Nightvision, removing negative effects, eating.
    I know you only updated the. But maybe you still know. Or you could add them back.

• Official Post

The logic was the solar panel replaced all the other modules like night vision and auto-eating. It's just a little balancing effect to not make the normal quantum helmet completely useless from what I can tell, there's no reason the solar helmets couldn't if they had to.

I see this too much.

• The logic was the solar panel replaced all the other modules like night vision and auto-eating. It's just a little balancing effect to not make the normal quantum helmet completely useless from what I can tell, there's no reason the solar helmets couldn't if they had to.

hmm. What I do not like about this is, that these items are required for crafting and its illogical that these functions are missing then. Also the current solution is to run around with both helmets and switch them out when you need it. In my eyes not very convenient. In addition, I do not think that the quantumsuit helmet gets replaced by the solar helmet. In the same was the qunatumsuit is an upgrade of the nanosuit, the solar extension is an upgrade too.

Currently, there is no way to achieve both functions at the same time. Maybe you could find a way to have separate crafting recipes for a solar helmet, which also offers protection and the last step is to combine it with the quantumsuit helmet and then you get all features. Maybe you even make this recipe insanely difficult, so that it can be considered endgame. But i definitely want to see a helmet which is able to do all. Also we currently miss a Quantum Solar Panel Helmet. :D This would finally give me a reason to invest 4 netherstars to build this device.

Another idea would be to make the quantumsuit modular. So you have some slots for modules, so everybody can have the features they really want.

• I am running a server with my friends, forge 1.10.2, ic2 and this addon + few others mods. I am not able to craft the Uranium Ingot. I just tried all the different recipes, I tried both the compressor and the furnace with the ore, the crushed ore, the purified crushed ore and the uranium 238/enrinched, nothing worked. I just saw the crafting from JEI/NEI and from the "feed the beast" site. Any help? Thanks

• Official Post

I am running a server with my friends, forge 1.10.2, ic2 and this addon + few others mods. I am not able to craft the Uranium Ingot. I just tried all the different recipes, I tried both the compressor and the furnace with the ore, the crushed ore, the purified crushed ore and the uranium 238/enrinched, nothing worked. I just saw the crafting from JEI/NEI and from the "feed the beast" site. Any help? Thanks

You can compress uranium ore, crushed uranium ore, purified crushed uranium ore or enriched uranium nuclear fuel (in a compressor) to get uranium ingots. Some has definitely gone wrong if you can't use any of those to get it.

I see this too much.

• You can compress uranium ore, crushed uranium ore, purified crushed uranium ore or enriched uranium nuclear fuel (in a compressor) to get uranium ingots. Some has definitely gone wrong if you can't use any of those to get it.

Now it works, we were faulty: the mod wasn't loaded serverside but only clientside