Addon Suggestion: Redstone Covers for wire

• Name
    (Addon) Redstone Covers for wire

Description
    I would suggest an addon (official addon that is, similar to the nanosuit or the industrial pick) which makes wires be a valid object to place covers on, from Eloraam's Redpower mod. By making it an addon, albiet an official one, It would not make industrialcraft REQUIRE redpower, but only the alternate behavior of the wires would require it.

(I would suggest this for buildcraft pipes as well, except ofc this is the wrong forums :p)

• I completely concur.

(I would have posted this idea already had I:
    1) not thought it was considered blasphemy, and Alblaka would destroy me where I stood,
    2) thought it had already been suggested in another post

So thank you for posting what we were all thinking! :D)

• I was about to suggest this. I concur.

It has become a little stubbly. Implement facial hair growth in IC²? Vision continuously grows more furry until you shave. (approx once every 2 minecraft days ;P)

Steve shaves with his chainsaw.
    Check out Factorio- A game where you build a factory from scratch.

• This would make me actually get the mod. I would love to have a way to cover the wires (preventing them from binding to machines on that face, of course), so that my rooms would look nicer, and my wiring would be less messy.

The best part about IC is being able to force the server admin to buy power from your capitalist nuclear enterprise

• Unfortunately, this is not possible without rewriting wiring from scratch with redpower as a prerequisit, so unfortunately this is unlikely to occur, unless our new foamy concrete is able to be poured on wires.

• If it is possible (since they are forge mods and in a way are intended to be used together) I would love to see this added!

• I think the closest your going to get to this would be to wait for Ellorams power cables and IC power converter. As someone already said, to make IC cables cover compatible you'd need to make IC reliant on RedPower Core, which i really don't see happening.