Geothermal and Pahoehoe Lava

• Geothermal Generator works with Pahoehoe Lava 5

1. Yes (3) 60%
    2. No (2) 40%

Maybe this function is already in IC2 in newer versions, but I play in 1.8.9, so I don't know if this funtion is already implemented.
    It would be great if we could use Pahoehoe Lava in the Geothermal Generator, obviosly it would produce less EU/bucket and EU/t.

Sorry for my english.

Sorry for my English, my native languaje is Spanish. If you don't understand me I can explain my ideas in spanish.

• Official Post

Pahoehoe Lava is quite cool (compared to lava), so if you tried extracting heat out of it in the geothermal generator it'd most likely solidify in there and bung it up.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• But lava is the same, when you put lava in the Geothermal generator this lava disintegrate (so i guess this lava solidify and then it "erode"), same with pahoehoe lava, no? (Am I being too exaggerated?)

Sorry for my English, my native languaje is Spanish. If you don't understand me I can explain my ideas in spanish.

• Pahoehoe Lava is quite cool (compared to lava), so if you tried extracting heat out of it in the geothermal generator it'd most likely solidify in there and bung it up.

i would say The hoehohe lava should produce just 15 EU instead of 20. So you get the feeling that the lava is actually cooled down.

If Pahoehoe Lava was really that much cooler than regular lava, that small of a difference in EU wouldn't be appropriate. However, using the NEI Integration mod, I was able to look up the details of both fluids in the Forge Fluid Registry.
    Lava is liquid, can be placed, has temperature 1300 (Kelvin, I think), luminosity 15, density 3000, and viscosity 6000.
    Pahoehoe lava is liquid, can be placed, has temperature 1200, luminosity 10, density 50000, and viscosity 250000.

• true on the other hand MauveCloud look up on the Wikipedia page what Pahoehoe lava actually is. Its basicly Lava that is almost to the state of beeing stone again. Still molten but you can compare its kind with almost cooled of wax.. Aka still hot enough to be a fluid but not as hot as lava...

• But if pohehoe can be a liquid, it has sufficient heat to boil water (and acording to my knowledge of Geothermal Generators their works boiling water and using a turbine to produce energy)

• true on the other hand MauveCloud look up on the Wikipedia page what Pahoehoe lava actually is. Its basicly Lava that is almost to the state of beeing stone again. Still molten but you can compare its kind with almost cooled of wax.. Aka still hot enough to be a fluid but not as hot as lava...

Only on the surface, though. Note this sentence from the Wikipedia article:

These surface features are due to the movement of very fluid lava under a congealing surface crust.

Also, counter-intuitively, ʻAʻā lava, which is pictured above Pahoehoe lava in the Wikipedia article as glowing, has a lower temperature range than Pahoehoe lava.