[Addon V1.36] Dynamo -> [BTW v3.0] [IC² v1.23]

• WARNING! DO NOT INSTALL THIS MOD IN THE MODS FOLDER! IT WILL NOT WORK! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED
    Name: Dynamo

Summary: Adds two blocks, a machine that converts mechanical power from Better than Wolves mod into electricity, and a machine that does the reverse.

Description:

Dynamo

Motor

Requirements: Having Better than Wolves mod v3.0 and IC² v1.23 correctly installed.
    Installation instructions inside the "Readme.txt" file.
    To solve ID conflict issues, read the "Readme.txt" file inside the mod archive.

Screenshots:

Videos:

This is the first MC mod I make, so please let me know about any bugs it may still have.

Current Version
    Dynamo 1.36:
    Requires Minecraft 1.8.1, BTW v3.0 and IC² v1.23
    Download here

Old Versions:

• Nice Mod,
    If I add a red stone current to it can I have it turn electrical power into mechanical power? :)

This and a electric -> BC Engine block and the world is perfect!

• Good to see you posted it here... I think it'll see more use here than in the BTW forum, sadly...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• Nice Mod

Thanks ^^

If I add a red stone current to it can I have it turn electrical power into mechanical power? :)

This and a electric -> BC Engine block and the world is perfect!

No, I'm definetelly wont be doing that... It would mess up BTW's tech progression pretty badly, imo....

• No, I'm definetelly wont be doing that... It would mess up BTW's tech progression pretty badly, imo....

Just because an add-on causes an end-result of a mod, doesn't make it unacceptable to code. It wouldn't be your fault if it caused such 'technical difficulties' to BTW itself, and I'm sure Flowerchild would just find work-a-rounds if it became the case. Plus, that mod has other things as well that the user can focus on, other than solely mechanical power.

This is a powerful piece of integration between two powerful mods, one that can lead to a much more clever creations than just Hemp Farms or Solar Trees. I hope you can see the powerful utility and application of having them parallel each other like this beyond 'what the mods should do...'

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

• Just because an add-on causes an end-result of a mod, doesn't make it unacceptable to code. It wouldn't be your fault if it caused such 'technical difficulties' to BTW itself, and I'm sure Flowerchild would just find work-a-rounds if it became the case. Plus, that mod has other things as well that the user can focus on, other than solely mechanical power.

This is a powerful piece of integration between two powerful mods, one that can lead to a much more clever creations than just Hemp Farms or Solar Trees. I hope you can see the powerful utility and application of having them parallel each other like this beyond 'what the mods should do...'

I see your point, but in this particular case I really don't think I should add this functionality. making the dynamo create mechanical power would render the windmill and water mill useless... What's the point in integrating two mods if one of the functionalities of the mod impair a great aspect of one of the mods? I think 'what the mods should do...' is actually very important in this case, because both mods are directly involved with whatever options I add to the mod. I may think some more about that, but most likely I wont add this.

• is this for 1.15 ?

addons should always have the IC² version in the topic (and their version number too)

likke [IC² 1.15] Dynamo v1.0

otherwise it gets confusing

• I think this awesome mod. try to make IC² Engine to make mechanical power to BTW and BC [maybe 2 engines] it will be awsome

Thanks for add on i am playing lot of mods together i will add your addOn to my pack :thumbup:

Main Mods
    #########
    IndustrialCraft ² [1.00]
    BuildCraft 2.1.1[all 5]
    Equivalent Exchange v3.55
    Better Than Wolves V2.94
    PlasticCraft
    PortalGun v5

Optional Mods
    ############
    Red Power Mod 1.7.1 [all 5]
    Wireless Redstone
    Treecapitator
    Recipe Book
    Zan Mini Map 0.10.5 [1.7.3]
    TooManyItem
    Zombe [ FlyMod]

addOn
    ######
    For IC²
    AdvancedSolarPanel v1.0.0.92
    Advanced Machines
    ChargingBench v1.1
    Thermometer

For BC
    extrabuildcraftpipes-client-2.0.1.2
    RedstonePipe-2.0.1.1
    TeleportPipe

For EE
    modIC2EqExV0.11

For WR
    WirelessRedstonePowerConfigurator05
    WirelessRemote04
    WirelessSniffer05
    WirelessTriangulator04

AudioMod
    ModLoader
    ModLoaderMp 1.7.3 Unofficial v2
    Minecraft Forge Client 1.0.6

• Woo, love it, using it with 1.15 on 1.8.1

I wonder a bit about balance given you can power as many as you want with a given BTW power source. (using wind in my game right now.. just barely got that up and running)

I second the notion about how there should be a block that works the other way around. I almost don't care if it's rather expensive, if you wanted to maintain balance you could include a water wheel as part of the recipe for it, that way your at least that far up the BTW tech tree. Would allow underground use of BTW stuff without running long axle chains or having to use running water for the water wheel. Don't like the sound of running water around if I can avoid it.

• Woo, love it, using it with 1.15 on 1.8.1

I wonder a bit about balance given you can power as many as you want with a given BTW power source. (using wind in my game right now.. just barely got that up and running)

I second the notion about how there should be a block that works the other way around. I almost don't care if it's rather expensive, if you wanted to maintain balance you could include a water wheel as part of the recipe for it, that way your at least that far up the BTW tech tree. Would allow underground use of BTW stuff without running long axle chains or having to use running water for the water wheel. Don't like the sound of running water around if I can avoid it.

All think about that.

By the way, do you have any suggestions as to balancing the dynamo? I feel that if I reduce the amount of energy it produces no one would even bother to use it....

• All think about that.

By the way, do you have any suggestions as to balancing the dynamo? I feel that if I reduce the amount of energy it produces no one would even bother to use it....

Reduce the EU output to 2/t. It'll be the same as the IC versions of renewable energy generation, if not less (bascially because they both parallel each other in design, but not in look)...

Also, how about using Steel in the electric -> mechanical energy version (separate block perhaps)? Steel is hard to make in BTW, and is a primary end-game item in the tech tree progression for that mod. Would also make sense because you could craft it alongside with Refined Iron and Copper as well... (as well as have it only be able to accept LV current)..

• Reduce the EU output to 2/t. It'll be the same as the IC versions of renewable energy generation, if not less (bascially because they both parallel each other in design, but not in look)...

Also, how about using Steel in the electric -> mechanical energy version (separate block perhaps)? Steel is hard to make in BTW, and is a primary end-game item in the tech tree progression for that mod. Would also make sense because you could craft it alongside with Refined Iron and Copper as well... (as well as have it only be able to accept LV current)..

Sounds good to me. At 2 EU/t they would still be worth building.
    Sure you could generate a lot of power still but that would be a very large array and would quickly spiral out of control if you want to do large power sources without loss. (be it glass fiber cable or large number of Bat-Boxes)

Incidentally, not sure if this is a bug with IC2 or the dynamo but i've got three feeding a Bat Box which feed a few machines. Once in a while i'll find them without power, have to break the cable connected to the bat-box and re-connect it. Not a huge deal but figured i'd point it out.
    Even at 2 EU/t i'd still probably have the dynamos in place as they work 24/7, unlike solar and are tons better than the 3 generators they replaced. (snarfed them to make their replacements)

• Yeah, it did cross my mind. Using steel seems a good idea. But I wanted of possible to be able to use the same block... Maybe there is a way to make an upgrade to the block without wasting another ID... I have to understand better how entities work, I think....

• Incidentally, not sure if this is a bug with IC2 or the dynamo but i've got three feeding a Bat Box which feed a few machines. Once in a while i'll find them without power, have to break the cable connected to the bat-box and re-connect it. Not a huge deal but figured i'd point it out.

Do you mean breaking the cable going "in" the bat box or going "out"? Can you show my a screenshot or something, so I can try to reproduce it here? How often does that happen?

• Do you mean breaking the cable going "in" the bat box or going "out"? Can you show my a screenshot or something, so I can try to reproduce it here? How often does that happen?

Noticed the bug as well during a debug test. The box will stop sending EU output if a world is reloaded, i.e. on WorldGeneration. So I guess the box doesn't translate the Mechanical energy until AFTER you connect a cable to it, not as mechanical energy is passing thru...

I'll do a quick test to see if it's merely a delay error...

Edit: Yup, definitely an 'OnWorldGen.' bug or something...

• Cable going into the bat box. Cursor pointing at the cable I knock out. Haven't had to do it lately but i've been largely underground hunting for diamond lately.
    I've got three feeding a bat-box via copper cable and glass fibre going out (could only afford the 6 bits)
    screenshot Here
    Didn't see a way to attach it so I just did it that way.