IC2 v1.23 MCP Decompilation

• This isn't addon. This is tutorial for other modders, how to decompile IC2 with MCP.
    The new api ZzuperElectricAlBI is good step in modding, but doesn't allow you to work with IC2 blocks and items. For decompilation this isn't problem.
    This tutorial using files from official release of IC2 1.23: http://forum.industrial-craft.…page=Thread&threadID=2144

SSP:

• Use updated MCP 4.4 and unmodified minecraft.jar v1.8.1
    • Copy the contents of Modloader 1.8.1, ModloaderMP client 1.8.1, MCForge client 1.1.2 (in this order) into minecraft.jar
    • Copy the contents of IC2 client 1.23 into minecraft.jar
    • Copy the contents of my minecraft.patch.zip into "MCPfolder/conf/patches/" and overwrite file.
    • Done. You can run decompile.

SMP:

• Use updated MCP 4.4 and unmodified minecraft_server.jar v1.8.1
    • Copy the contents of ModloaderMP server 1.8.1, MCForge server 1.1.2 (in this order) into minecraft_server.jar
    • Copy the contents of IC2 server 1.23 into minecraft_server.jar
    • Copy the contents of my minecraft_server.patch.zip into "MCPfolder/conf/patches/" and overwrite file.
    • Done. You can run decompile.

Setting Ecplipse:
    In eclipse click right mouse on "src" directory in Client section, select properties. In Resource filter remove filter "name matches net".
    In server section apply same method.

For IC2 Team:
    If I do not publish future versions of this tutorial, just delete this topic and I will not publish the future versions of this tutorial.

• thank's couldn't update my mod without this fix :)

(I thought it was my misdoing that caused the errors in eclipse :/)

English -> not my lang, so sorry for the mistakes. (can be the dyslexia too :/)

GENERATION 26: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the
    generation. Social experiment.

• Thank you!

All people dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in
    the dusty recesses of their mind, wake in the morning to find
    that it was vanity. But the dreamers of the day are dangerous people,
    for they dream their dreams with open eyes, and make them come true.
    --T.E. Lawrence

• I found a bug in my decompilation. Causes crash when connecting cables . I wrote in code only "direction" instead of correct "direction1". The error relates to a SSP file BlockCable.java. New repaired minecraft.patch file in the main post.

• Why can't I start client?

Code
    Error: could not find or load main class Start

Tried 3 times to install everything from the very beginning, but it doesn't work

Code

Tried 3 times to install everything from the very beginning, but it doesn't work

Code
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=yKKu5McPYw8#t=137s

This youtube video describes how to do a setup in eclipse. This link will start you at the point where the guy explains how to change run configuration to start a java application.

• Do you starting the client in eclipse or through file startclient.bat (or .sh)?

• I start it thru startclient.bat, and there it doesn't work., but when I start it by putting .jar in .minecraft/bin/ folder it works.

And I have eclipse set alrdy :P

• OK, and if you try to use unmodified MCP 4.4 and unmodified minecraft.jar 1.8.1. This works? Or is there the same error?

• Here are a couple of common solutions that I can think of:

1. Delete META-INF.
    2. Make sure to put the minecraft.patch file in the mcp\conf\patches directory.
    3. Check the source files under mcp\src\minecraft\net. It's possible that they aren't there. <<<---- My money is on this one being the cause of your problem.

All that being said, I still haven't got my own eclipse set up working yet. I set the workspace to the mcp\eclipse folder and it loads the src.minecraft.net package but it hasn't loaded the ic2 folder or the forge folder and I don't know how to get them in eclipse.

Special help for special people like myself: If you use the eclipse directory supplied by MCPatcher it will set up your workspace and everything you need automatically. This also includes creating a resource filter that will only grab the net directory from your source folders.

Select your project and go File -> Properties...

Then select Resource -> Resource Filters and remove the include only net filter.

Hopefully this helps someone else out there :D

• Eclipse workspace in MCP has set filter, who doesn't read directories IC2 and FORGE.

In eclipse click right mouse on "src" directory in Client, select properties. In Resource filter remove filter "name matches net".
    In server section apply same method.

• I got this error after decompilation:

How to solve it?

Code

you need to copy the bin folder into the jar folder not only the minecraft.jar(took me 20 minutes to find out )

• I've found an issue with your patch. After making any modificatiosn to EnergyNet.java, on reobfuscating you get a broken energynet.class, which looks for EnergyNEt$EnergyNet$EnergyTarget class, instead of EnergyNet$EnergyTArget class...

This is a bit of a problem, as I can't release what I'm working on. Any ideas?

It works fine with startclient.bat, however when you try to actually use it...

http://pastebin.com/M39PiAKH

edit: Ignore this, it's actually an MCP bug.

The solution, for now is to make the static inner classes public classes in the same package.