G1R Warcraft: IC2, project red, guns, ICBM, gregtech & much more!

• I think the last two people I saw were Ndel and Dean. :P Or one of them. Good to hear its back up though.

Let the Wars Continue! (Except theres so little fighting...)

• Yeah so many people have been making remarks like that mke so I decided to lower cap time from 20 to 2 minutes. Like I said before this is a new system so its hard to find a balance. With 2 minute cap times it would take one person 6 hours to get the points to invade a homeworld (2 people 3, 4 people 1 1/2, so on and so on).

I also decided to eliminate the 4 small remote capturable points in favor of 2 medium sized areas on the outskirts of the city. Since the city is 1000x1000 theres still a good bit of area between them but it is all paved area with sewers and roads to get around quickly (especially with the fast cars). Hopefully this will take care of the issue of people having to read magazines while waiting for territory to flip and I'm sure that it will resolve the issue of things being boring. You can certainly choose not to capture points but others won't and they will have plenty of fun raiding your world (with you having plenty of !!fun!! defending it).

My personal recomendation is to get 6 people together and cap as many as possible in an hour (with no opposition thats how long it will take 6 people to get 200 points).

This system will be in effect before the day is over.

• Now I am titled to my option and I do have a understanding for the rules and have a good idea what this new system is like, and I know as much as mens would like, I'm not crying about this,
    I'm not saying is doesn't work well, but its doesn't work that well, specially with the whole,
    hole in it, that a few people can cap the dams in when no ones from the other team is on,
    and I mean the fact that you can lose and still not get a chance to fight tell you a lot,so basically its a broken system.

Why should the incentive to wait around, is to not be invaded, the incentive should be to have fun.
    In the old server when you had one town left it was like" oh crap we have one town left we can't fuck up"
    now its like "oh they capped all the dams when we were offline ...well dammit"

If it was like before, but with the capturing that the dams have then it will work.
    Its was so much more enjoyable before, and yes servers should be enjoyable.

Now the stuff above me is nice and all but here are the deal breakers
    it take 2 min to cap a dam correct, but it take more then 2 min to get from a capital to the spawn where the dams are, so you can see my point already and the teams that capped already got there point so its not
    like they have to defended it cause they still have there point,
    and the second is when an invasion finally happened's it will be a cluster fuck, when you can place a 10 block thick wall of obby on lava on obby and place mg turrets and grenade launcher
    ,and rocket launchers all around that wall it will not be an invasion, but a slaughter of that invading team, so much for the invasion.
    Those to things coupled by the fact that they can cap all the dams when no one is offline, really show how broke this new system is.

It would work, but be slow, but work if it wasn't for those problems

The reward for caping all the dams shouldn't be to get a chance to have some real fun.
    Sometimes people have to realise that even thought they gave there best intention that its not going to work out like they though it would
    This message isn't for mens I know you won't be convinced, it's for the rest of you.

Also don't make up rules on the spot mens, there's no rules to have an option and your being a baby, "oh no he has a different option them me, banhammer" that's called powder abuse, you really shown your true colours.
    I wanted to stay around cause I knew there server would die like this when there's no fun, and I had the hope it would come back to the way it was and the people that play this will be convinced,
    and for them to realise that we play on this server, and should have a say in the changes, oh and I know what will be said,"oh you aren't the majority so stop trying to change it" well wake up, this system is very much less fun then the old system, I was trying to convince people that the system was flawed, and the old one was better.
    now if its ever fixed and the system is back to normal let me know, but untill then I have no intrested in this server, and you got your way, no one questions the great Mensrea.

• You just totally wasted your time. After reading this I determined you really DONT understand the rules... And yes, I do maintain the power to ban assholes. I told you if you didn't like it you could leave. Your idea of "having a reason for staying" was whining, bitching, moaning and placing passive aggressive signs everywhere.

My idea of war isnt waiting a month for someone to declare in advance when they will attack, and the attack consists of rushing to an obsidian block and breaking it....

Big words calling it broken when you can't even capture a point before someone kills you. Hell, you can't even make it out of the portal room without dying. And I would expect someone who spends 99% of their time idling, team killing and burning down forests to be bored.

And you don't have the option of coming back. I can tolerate a lot of abuse (narthok I'm looking at you) but one thing I can't stand is a whiny ignoramus who bitches about things they can't even comprehend.

EDIT: Let me know if you LOLed when you read "powder abuse"...

• All civi's if you even touch my freaking workshop I will kill you! Is that clear? I know its for everyone but I'm nowhere near done so I will personaly hang you from a rope if you do. I will put a sign or another notice on here when you can touch it but for now...I need to set up a stable power and all machienery (Spelt wrong proberly) And by the way IBD you can help me set this up okay.

• You just totally wasted your time. After reading this I determined you really DONT understand the rules... And yes, I do maintain the power to ban assholes. I told you if you didn't like it you could leave. Your idea of "having a reason for staying" was whining, bitching, moaning and placing passive aggressive signs everywhere.

mens lest not resort no name calling now, come on if anything I was a little annoyed, but bitching, come on.
    Also you kept say "why don't you leave" you were trying to get me to leave because you didn't have a justifiable reason to ban me , so when I said I wasn't you just came up with a rule on the spot, " no one can have a different opinion then me" well something like that, oh but you'll deny that of course. My reason which I already said on my last post was to get everyone to see the problems in this.

My idea of war isnt waiting a month for someone to declare in advance when they will attack, and the attack consists of rushing to an obsidian block and breaking it....

You don't see the similarity in what you described to what you have know do you, invading will be rush obby blocks but you can see my edit for that. and it never took a mouth, it's much more faster then what you have now.
    We don't have the number to station a group close by the dams in case blue attacks this isn't real life, this is Minecraft.

Big words calling it broken when you can't even capture a point before someone kills you. Hell, you can't even make it out of the portal room without dying. And I would expect someone who spends 99% of their time idling, team killing and burning down forests to be bored.

What I did has nothing to do with how broken its is, and you can't justify it being broken on my action, and really, calling out my faulting, that are unrelated to this, wow you just proved even more you have no counter arguments for this.

And you don't have the option of coming back. I can tolerate a lot of abuse (narthok I'm looking at you) but one thing I can't stand is a whiny ignoramus who bitches about things they can't even comprehend.

Ya it was a long shot, and I like how you frequently use the words 'Bitching" and ,"Whining" your obviously using this to convince your self that you are the superior in this, that you can keep you cool, and of course the other guy can't, of course, and I know its hard to tell someone tone on the internet, but is it would help, I can use emoticons if you like :)

EDIT: Let me know if you LOLed when you read "powder abuse"...
    and I LOLed when I read that can't accept a person can find fault in your system, and you and them, that classic power abuse.

• First off you said that mens is making rules up on the spot.... i havent seen him change ANY. Also you said that caps are to close to spawn YOUR AN IDIOT ITS THE LONGER THEN LAST MAP AND WHO THE HELL WOULD FORTIFY A QD With that stuff u said you might as well live there if thats what you intend to do.... honestly time you have some mental issues you should really see a doctor...

• "mens lest not resort no name calling now, come on if anything I was a little annoyed, but bitching, come on. Also you kept say "why don't you leave" you were trying to get me to leave because you didn't have a justifiable reason to ban me , so when I said I wasn't you just came up with a rule on the spot, " no one can have a different opinion then me" well something like that, oh but you'll deny that of course. My reason which I already said on my last post was to get everyone to see the problems in this."

No, you were bitching about it and placing signs up alllll around the base to "protest" it. Mens said he wasn't going to change it so just drop it. HE is the one paying for the server. HIS server. And saying you were bitching is not name-calling. He did not come up with a "rule on the spot." The number one rule ever since the server started was do not harass the admins. It has always been that way and it always will be that way.

"You don't see the similarity in what you described to what you have know do you, invading will be rush obby blocks but you can see my edit for that. and it never took a mouth, it's much more faster then what you have now. We don't have the number to station a group close by the dams in case blue attacks this isn't real life, this is Minecraft."

No, what he said was nothing like the way wars used to be. And yes, it did take that long for wars to occur. We had like two wars in how many years? And it was pretty much only because Mens and myself PUSHED people to do it. The server almost closed a couple times due to no one fighting and us getting tired of it. Now, people are fighting all the time. Also, red has more than blue. Why are you complaining about not having the numbers?

"What I did has nothing to do with how broken its is, and you can't justify it being broken on my action, and really, calling out my faulting, that are unrelated to this, wow you just proved even more you have no counter arguments for this."

This makes no sense in response to what he said. He was not saying YOU broke it. He was saying you die pretty much as soon as you leave the portal room, therefore you have no right to call anything broken.

"Ya it was a long shot, and I like how you frequently use the words 'Bitching" and ,"Whining" your obviously using this to convince your self that you are the superior in this, that you can keep you cool, and of course the other guy can't, of course, and I know its hard to tell someone tone on the internet, but is it would help, I can use emoticons if you like :)"

No sweetie... He IS superior here. He is the admin. He is the one paying for the server. You are a mere idling player. And Mens never acts "superior" to people, but in all honesty... HE IS. (And that is why he's such an awesome admin.)

"and I LOLed when I read that can't accept a person can find fault in your system, and you and them, that classic power abuse."

I have NO IDEA what you said here so I can't respond to it...

You aren't going to make him change his mind and change the war system back and invite you back on the server. Why are you wasting your time with these posts? You are just making a fool of yourself.

#timetomoveon

• Time please just accept the new war system :( we all have different opinions of it and war is not the highlight of the server, the members are :P....... besides time i would like to see you drinking at joon's bar soon and we can forget all this ever happen so please just set this aside and come back.

• Accept it and start playing again time O:
    Its only 2 min to cap now not 20 or something.
    its not that bad.
    Edit: and these "Timeto" jokes are old.

• Time please just accept the new war system :( we all have different opinions of it and war is not the highlight of the server, the members are :P....... besides time i would like to see you drinking at joon's bar soon and we can forget all this ever happen so please just set this aside and come back.

I don't even want him to accept the system if he really doesn't like it. The problem is he made several statements which are totally wrong. I don't know if its because he simply does not read/pay attention to anything I write or if he doesn't understand it. If his criticism was rooted in fact I would understand and accept it but there are several things he got totally wrong:

1. "that a few people can cap the dams in when no ones from the other team is on, and I mean the fact that you can lose and still not get a chance to fight tell you a lot,so basically its a broken system."

Yes, BOTH teams can capture points when no one is on. At ANY time. before we did this, this server was virtually exclusive to N.America. Sorry, but my idea of running a good server isn't to exclude the entire world outside of 'murica. I didn't like it then and I won't go back to it. Your gonna have to learn that there are over 6 billion people on this planet and most of them are not living in N.America. We are not and do not deserve to be the center of the world.

And you do not "lose" when someone caps points at dams. You don't "lose" at all. Since the plots in the dams are neutral themselves you can't even lose them - you just fight for them over and over for the points. In the worst case scenario your homeworld gets invaded (your idea of a loss?). Thats IF and only IF A. Your team does not have 200 points to block a portal B.Your team is unable to fight the invaders back during the (still scheduled as usual) one hour long invasion window. So you FIGHT for the POINTS to make portals or block them and since the plots are open to be capped 24/7 there is actually wayyyyy more fighting then ever before.

2."Why should the incentive to wait around, is to not be invaded, the incentive should be to have fun.In the old server when you had one town left it was like" oh crap we have one town left we can't fuck up"now its like "oh they capped all the dams when we were offline ...well dammit"

This is totally wrong and why I think you didn't even bother to read or ask about things before you started your "protest". Back then, the incentive was to fortify towns. Now, the incentive is to always have more points than your enemies. If you log on one day and you see blue has 200 points do you just throw up your hands and say "nothing I can do!"? No. You go hurry up and grab up 200 points as fast as possible so that if they DO try to open a portal you can block it. Yes time, you can block portals. You must have missed that part...

3."it take 2 min to cap a dam correct, but it take more then 2 min to get from a capital to the spawn where the dams are, so you can see my point already and the teams that capped already got there point so its not like they have to defended it cause they still have there point,"

Wrong again, on multiple fronts. It could take more or less time then 2 minutes to get from portal chambers to the dams, depending on if you have cars planes or TP's set up. Aside, this is a very flawed understanding of strategy and behavior. In one sentence you say people don't have time to guard dams all day. If that is so what makes you think they have time to keep grabbing points -> running away (repeat)? When people go to dams to cap they stick around as long as possible and grab as many as they can. They don't want to have to keep running back and forth for one point here and there. The better equipped players straight up camp the dams cause they are 1.looking for fights 2.trying to maximize the value of their online time. Aside, someone could be a guerilla and run from fights. But the juggarnauts are gonna stick around and potentially grab every point in the dam (90 points). The guerillas wont stand a chance if their strategy is to avoid conflict because they will never get as many points as the people who stick around. By the way, when teams start to see lots of points falling they usually send someone to stop the capper. They recognize that bold pushes into the dams must be stopped. All it takes takes to get 200 points is that both dams have all their points capped (with a few the left) and since server restarts clear all points back to neutral then it would be possible to get 200 points in as little as 6 hours. So yes, there is a very real and powerful incentive to defend. Not just to block cappers but to grab peoples loot too.

4. "and the second is when an invasion finally happened's it will be a cluster fuck, when you can place a 10 block thick wall of obby on lava on obby and place mg turrets and grenade launcher,and rocket launchers all around that wall it will not be an invasion, but a slaughter of that invading team, so much for the invasion."

Wrong once more. Honestly it doesnt say anything about this in the rules so I'm guessing you just made it up. What I wrote was that 200 points can be cashed in to power a portal to the enemy homeworld. I didnt say where the portal would appear on the homeworld or what it even looks like. That's because the portals will spawn randomly. Each invasion will have its own portal. The portal also won't even be visible. So forget all about preparing some monsterous defenses like your talking about. The best defenses you could hope to muster would be a machine gun nest or two. Even that is based on if you can even figure out where the enemy team is coming from at all and box them in before they fan out.

5. "Those to things coupled by the fact that they can cap all the dams when no one is offline, really show how broke this new system is."

You keep making this point but I don't think you realize how selfish it sounds. Just because everything is not going to go by your schedule doesn't mean things are broken. Your defining "no one" as "no one in n. america" because there are lots of europeans who play at night or during school/work hours for us. Before this the only effect they had on wars was economically. Now they actually can go out and participate in combat that will determine the fate of their planet. So if all those mean ol' europeans capture 200 points worth of territory while your offline and start the portal countdown then you had better hurry up and get 200 to block it before it opens. Considering it takes 24 hours for a portal to power up I would say a motivated player will have more than enough time to to earn those points.

6. "What I did has nothing to do with how broken its is, and you can't justify it being broken on my action, and really, calling out my faulting, that are unrelated to this, wow you just proved even more you have no counter arguments for this."

When you claim the whole combat system is broken but you cannot even stay alive in combat I would say your personal "faultings" have everything to do with the topic and are in fact legitimate counter-arguments to your accusations. If you were going around leveling everyone with one-shot rockets and completely dominating the game it would be a different story. Instead I have not seen you get one kill against anyone not on your team. I think the combat system works very well, just maybe not in your favor. That doesn't means its broken - it just means you lost; deal with it and move on like everyone else.

Further, you have literally done nothing but idle and complain and make demands that you have no right to make. I don't owe you anything. I didn't even owe you an explanation since you were not reasonable or mature in your approach to this misunderstanding. This is not public school. I am not here to hold your hand and stroke your ego. This is a private server, paid for by me. Anyone who knows me knows I'm a pretty damn lenient guy - narthok, all ndels freinds, allawa, numerous others who have talked shit and been forgiven. I do not "abuse my power" or "change rules". Anything but really. Im open to suggestions and criticisms - but what you were saying had nothing to do with how anything actually was. It would be like bitching about the sun shining blue or complaining that the world is flat so you can't sail to hawaii - just sheer nonsensical madness. Everyone who actually understands the rules knew this but since you were too busy "protesting" to ask, well..this happened.

One thing I absolutely cannot stand is someone who thinks they know what they are talking about but are actually completely un-aware of the facts. Climate change deniers, religious extremists, people who bitch about socialism but don't even understand what the word means - this is rabid, violent ignorance and to be honest its destroying this planet. So yes, I despise it and have zero tolerance for it. If you dont understand something you dont just leap to conclusions and start bitching - you either learn about it and make an intelligent argument or you keep your mouth shut and don't make trouble. There is no middle ground where you can complain without knowing what the hell you are talking about - this is not Fox News.

For future reference, poorly spelled protest signs are not intelligent arguments. They are not even arguments. If you cannot muster the courage or wherewithall to confront someone directly then I owe you no respect.

• Server was updated to 1.4.7 along with all the mods. The new gun pack was added as well.

There may be a delay due to that garbage website mediafire not being able to upload a 3 mb file...

EDIT: Used rapidshare. Never using mediafire again. I spent almost as much time trying to upload as I did adding new content.

• Dean's right, I think you have to set the permissions for downloading from RapidShare or something.

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l