[SUGGESTIONS] Suggestions Regarding Ores + Resources

• Okay... so here's some suggestions regarding ores and resources:

Suggestion Topic: Silver Ore

So right now, silver is made from centrifuging gold. It would be nice if it was actually generated as ore. I'm not sure if silver ores have been suggested and rejected before, but if they have, a reason for why would be nice.

Suggestion Topic: Electrum

Apparently, electrum is a real alloy of gold and silver. It also naturally appears in the real world. It could be used for cables, perhaps same tier as gold and slightly less lossage, since it's a good material for wires in the real world. (citation needed) It could be generated as ore or crafted with silver and gold dust, perhaps 1+1 or 3+1 like bronze.

Suggestion Topic: Uranium

Right now, doing the full ore processing for uranium ultimately yields 6 uranium 238 + 1 uranium 235. It would be nice if there would more 235, and maybe even at the cost of less 238. Because now the unbalanced ratio of 1:6 causes a lot of 238 to be left over in crafting enriched fuel, and the leftovers just get thrown in a chest and forgotten about.

Suggestion Topic: Stone Dust

Stone dust is something you get from ore washing and use for CF foam (probably that's the only use). It would be nice if compressing 4-9 stone dusts gives one block of smooth/regular stone. As some one who basically only uses CF for reinforced stone, all of my stone dust either gets thrown into a recycler or sits in a chest.

So that's it for now, I might add more suggestions if I think of any.

• When you start using plutonium rods, and you recycle them via centrifuge, you get the plutonium refunded, and thus you only need to add more and more 238 to keep it going, tons of it.... that's probably one of the reasons we should keep it that way, the uranium is just the earlygame cheap experiment, if you still think otherwise, let me change your mind...

2018-11-24_08.19.26.png?width=956&height=556

If you think i write bad, you're wrong, i just speak in HAYO

• Okay, I've never used MOX fuel properly, just because I really don't like having any risk of reactor meltdowns, and can't be bothered to make that much reinforced stone to put around the reactor.

Also, if any of my other suggestions are stupid because I'm completely wrong, please let me know!

P.S. what's that block in the 2nd slot of the 1st row of your inventory? I've never seen it.

• Official Post

what's that block in the 2nd slot of the 1st row of your inventory? I've never seen it.

It's an IC2 Chunk Loader

Suggestion Topic: Stone Dust

Stone dust is something you get from ore washing and use for CF foam (probably that's the only use). It would be nice if compressing 4-9 stone dusts gives one block of smooth/regular stone. As some one who basically only uses CF for reinforced stone, all of my stone dust either gets thrown into a recycler or sits in a chest.

4 stone dust compressing back into stone is a reasonable use for it, I'll add that

Suggestion Topic: Uranium

Right now, doing the full ore processing for uranium ultimately yields 6 uranium 238 + 1 uranium 235. It would be nice if there would more 235, and maybe even at the cost of less 238. Because now the unbalanced ratio of 1:6 causes a lot of 238 to be left over in crafting enriched fuel, and the leftovers just get thrown in a chest and forgotten about.

As above, the imbalance is designed to work with plutonium for MOX. Depending how many normal uranium reactors you run then convert into MOX sometimes you used to end up running out of 238 instead back when it was 2:5, so it's not too badly uneven when there's the recipe that allows you to convert 20 enriched uranium back to a bit more U235 and a bit less U238 than it took to make. I suppose that recipe probably is already doing what you suggested.

Suggestion Topic: Silver Ore

So right now, silver is made from centrifuging gold. It would be nice if it was actually generated as ore. I'm not sure if silver ores have been suggested and rejected before, but if they have, a reason for why would be nice.

Suggestion Topic: Electrum

Apparently, electrum is a real alloy of gold and silver. It also naturally appears in the real world. It could be used for cables, perhaps same tier as gold and slightly less lossage, since it's a good material for wires in the real world. (citation needed) It could be generated as ore or crafted with silver and gold dust, perhaps 1+1 or 3+1 like bronze.

There really isn't a large amount of usage of silver within IC2 besides the obvious like glass fibre cables, so there isn't a great need to increase the amount you get from adding it in an ore form. Tin is a good example where it gets generated more plentifully than it is used unless you really like tin cans. If you're in the situation where you have any other mods that need more silver, chances are they generate silver ore and their ores can be used with IC2 without any additional changes. Think of it as encouragement to use the thermal centrifuge with gold ore rather than a push to make silver any more expensive as a material (although it does work for that if you don't have extra silver generation).

If we did ever add silver ore though I'd say electrum would be a reasonable thing to add.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• If you're in the situation where you have any other mods that need more silver, chances are they generate silver ore and their ores can be used with IC2 without any additional changes.

The thing is, the other mod I play with also doesn't generate silver ore, and the amount of uses for silver in that mod is about the same as the amount of uses for bronze in IC2. The only way to get silver in my other mod is from mob loot, so I just wished one of my mods generate silver ore.