SM84CE's first addon: Coaxium Addon for IC2

• Official Post

I did add a request in the shoutbox for this to be moved (I thought it would be more of a general thread, but it morphed into this, which then morphed into an addon :P)

Must have missed that ;)

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Must have missed that ;)

no worries... better late than never :P

Also, I kinda guessed that this would be a rare request? On the TI Calc forum that I'm also on, there's ususlly an admin or two willing to do your bidding :P but that forum is active like 24/7

• Official Post

Also, I kinda guessed that this would be a rare request? On the TI Calc forum that I'm also on, there's ususlly an admin or two willing to do your bidding but that forum is active like 24/7

There's a need to move threads every so often, not normally something as drastic as going from support into addons though :P

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• (assuming those get directly integrated into the planner to determine the behaviors)

Actually, the planner has its own classes to represent the reactor components, which has a few advantages:

1. I can easily add functionality not orignally covered by the original items. (such as collecting statistics on how much hull heating or vent cooling they provide each second)

2. I don't have to worry about the overhead from things like inherited methods from net.minecraft.item.Item that handle world/player/container interactions, when said methods are completely unnecessary to the planner.

3. I don't have to figure out how to make sure certain Minecraft libraries are available for the planner to use.

• There's a need to move threads every so often, not normally something as drastic as going from support into addons though :P

My intent was for this to be a general ic2 based thread for my modding endeavors, but this was before I realized that this could be made into an addon...

• So I finally got back to this, but my filing cabinet's acting up: the textures on each side show up correctly, but the model in the hand/ inventory aren't. I added an inventory variant, but that doesn't seem to fix anything...

Code: filing_cabinet.json
    { //block model
        "parent": "block/orientable",
        "textures": {
            "front": "fm:blocks/filing_cabinet_front",
            "side": "fm:blocks/filing_cabinet_side",
            "top": "fm:blocks/filing_cabinet_top",
            "bottom": "fm:blocks/filing_cabinet_bottom"
        }
    }
  • Got tired of digging for docs, so I've decided to remove the filing cabinet, and prep this thing for release. But. as usual, my n00bish-ness got in the way...

I've run ./gradlew build (in PowerShell), and I've gotten these errors many times.

I've included "industrialcraft-2-2.8.109-ex112-dev.jar" for my nuclear thingies, which made the mod run properly. Including the API along with the dev jar doesn't fix it, and having just the API breaks the nuclear fuels...

• anything? I don't really think there are other forums that have knowledge on this specific problem, so you guys are basically stuck with me and my maniacal ideas :P

• Brute force time...

Me: Copies ic2.core into mod files

Dev team: You're not supposed to do that!!

Me: You didn't see my 20ish posts in the IC2 forum... DEAL WITH IT!

• OK, so it finally built, without me having to do any brute-force, so that's nice!

All that's left is testing the mod in a non-dev environment. Hopefully it'll work with version xx.2755 of forge, since that's what most of my mods work on. Also, when I upgrade, Minecraft just refuses to load completely... :(

• How do I add a block cutter blade recipe that only accepts a *custom* blade hardness or lower?

I know there's these two "addRecipe" methods, but which one to use and where do I sepcify the required hardness?

Code
    Recipes.blockcutter.addRecipe(input, output, metadata, replace);
    Recipes.blockcutter.addRecipe(input, metadata, replace, outputs);

• I didn't catch this before (since I didn't have much interest in actually using the mod), but that should be (IReactorComponent)acceptor.stack.getItem() instead of (IReactorComponent)stack.getItem(), otherwise you're altering the heat on the rod itself (which has no effect). I think you'll also want to use acceptor.x and acceptor.y in the call to alterHeat, otherwise overheating an adjacent component may cause the rod to break instead of the overheated component.

Also, it seems like you left this in the code for both Coaxium rods and Cesium rods (I hope you don't mind that I peeked with jd-gui). For all I know, maybe you want coaxium rods to heat adjacent components but not directly heat the reactor, but otherwise, you might want to strip out that whole section from the Coaxium rod class.

• I didn't catch this before (since I didn't have much interest in actually using the mod), but that should be (IReactorComponent)acceptor.stack.getItem() instead of (IReactorComponent)stack.getItem(), otherwise you're altering the heat on the rod itself (which has no effect). I think you'll also want to use acceptor.x and acceptor.y in the call to alterHeat, otherwise overheating an adjacent component may cause the rod to break instead of the overheated component.

Also, it seems like you left this in the code for both Coaxium rods and Cesium rods (I hope you don't mind that I peeked with jd-gui). For all I know, maybe you want coaxium rods to heat adjacent components but not directly heat the reactor, but otherwise, you might want to strip out that whole section from the Coaxium rod class.

Hmm... I'll have to double check that, thanks! And yeah, I'm fine with the jd-gui thing :P