[32x, 64x] [IC²] [WIP] IndustrialCraft² Textures Community Project

• Information

Hi everyone,

I've been getting quite a few requests to continue with my soartex inspired texture replacement and start working with IC². But since I hardly have any time to spare, and on top of it I'm not skilled enough with photoshop to meet my own high standards and editing single texture takes forever, I'm asking help and contribution from community. If at any time you feel like you have minute to spare and think that this is the day to draw new enhanced rubber ball, do so and send your end result to me so I can add it to this pack.

Idea is to have customisable texture repository for IC² where users can send more content and try to update existing textures. In the mean time I use tool made by flying sheep until I can replace it with something more functional and suited for this task.

There's currently no upload option or autoupdate yet, so you'll have to send me your files and I'll update manually. But I'll implement something better eventually :)

• Submissions

For example if you wish to edit and update some textures. Just send me block_0.png and little note what you did. png-file may be named whatever you like.
    "I remade 32x iron and electro furnace textures, here's warbaque.png file that contains the changes!"

• Installation

• Click download link to the file you wish to customise and download

• Customise textures to your liking and click image when happy

• If block textures, save as block_0.png, else if item, save as item_0.png

• Move files to industrialcraft-2-client_VERSION#.jar/ic2/sprites/

64x textures

32x textures

Screens etc...

FAQ
    Nothing yet :)

This will propably spread to other mods in the future such as RedPower and BuildCraft if there's enough interest.

• Pictures?

• I would love to continue work on this project. My only problem is when i paste over the old textures and test the image in game, it just makes the objects transparent allowing me to see through the ground. I cant figure out what im doing wrong.

• 32px plz.. link is broken ;(

Yep, I am from Russia, and yep, my english isn't good enough...
    So if.. if you dare to laugh of me, I.. I will find you and destroy with all our Soviet nuclear bombs, bwahahaha!
    Naah, I'm just kidding ^^ ... not. :| © Zodiak69

• Don't think you would have any use for this , being mostly your old textures combined with a couple new ones here or there.
    They don't look anywhere near as good as your new stuff though. eh.

Sadly I won't be much help, being colour-blind sucks >.>

• Sorha2, wow it's very good ^^

_
    _
    I tried to simply combine some pack's
    doku+faith+thisPack.. but not good looks, and some text is blurred

you texture for BatBox\mfe\mfsu is very good

blocks

machines

generator

electric

which means "WIP" in the title of this topic? I do not know very well English

So if.. if you dare to laugh of me, I.. I will find you and destroy with all our Soviet nuclear bombs, bwahahaha!

• Update:

Storage blocks:

Transformer blocks:

Dannyboy submitted cable texture replacement, check it out.

WIP means work in process :)
    Looks good I'll add them as soon as I have time to. Added

• While I'm at it, i might as well upload this. Changed: ore blocks, trampoline, miner drill, ITNT and nuke tops, and ores.

Also, whats happening with support for other mods? i could do some of that, if you want.

Final edit to say that i think everything everyone has done so far is epic. Good job guys!

• 32px
    [spoiler]
    block_0

block_cable

block_electric

block_energy

block_machines

block_personal

block_machines2

• While I'm at it, i might as well upload this. Changed: ore blocks, trampoline, miner drill, ITNT and nuke tops, and ores.

Also, whats happening with support for other mods? i could do some of that, if you want.

Final edit to say that i think everything everyone has done so far is epic. Good job guys!

all these updates are coming along nicely. they look amazing. as far as other mods, and i hope this isnt taboo, but ive been looking high and low for buildcraft textures. you have to look at so much piping and just an update on those alone would make both these mods insanely appealing.

• This update looks great so far! Buildcraft and Redpower would be nice additions in the future (which i know your planning), along with minefactory reloaded :) Keep up the great work guys!

• i would like to install this on just one texture pack how would i do that?

You know, in the minecraft.jar the sprites for IC2 are located in "ic2/sprites/xxx.png"
    If you open your texture pack, create a new folder called "ic2", go inside that folder and create another folder called "sprites".
    In the "sprites" folder, you can throw all the texture files, such as "block_0.png"/"item_0.png".
    Now when you open Minecraft, the texture pack will load, which includes your sprites.