[AddOn v1.23] Energy Coupler v0.21.1 - Convert EUs <-> BuildCraft Energy

• As far as a bukkit port, please, be my guest. I'll post the source. It's a bit messy right now because I just wanted to get some features in.

I think there are a couple of things in play with your observations in that post. First, the quarry can store energy itself, which is probably why you are seeing it operate after the energy stops. If you look at my posts a little higher up, you'll see that the quarry can store 7000 BC Energy and it uses (2 + energyStored / 1000). So, as you can see, a fully charged quarry will run for a bit after the energy going to it has stopped.

The other problem your seeing I think is related to the way BuildCraft's energy system is set up. Overage is discarded and machines always request the maximum even if they are already full. Most machines I've looked at request a maximum of 25 BCE no matter what. So I think a good rule of thumb is never convert more than 32EUs to a machine. I don't think there's ever going to be 0% loss unless BuildCraft changes the way machines request energy.

Does that make sense?

• That last part made more sense to my issues I think. The question is does it sound right a quarry can run on 3EUs? It seems unlegit to me haha.

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• For how slow it moves? Yeah, sounds legit to /me/.

As far as the energy mechanics; ouch, how very stoneage. I agree that is an inherent flaw in buildcraft its self. It's like everything is a leaky faucet that you just can't dial down to the sip of water you want.

• Since there's a GUI for the block now, can you please also add a way of dialing in a specific rate of energy delivery? Comparable levels of buildcraft engines would be interesting. To display along side the setting.

I've found that chests work just perfectly with a single LV converter, but I'm not sure if my quarries are running at full speed or not.

• Since there's a GUI for the block now, can you please also add a way of dialing in a specific rate of energy delivery? Comparable levels of buildcraft engines would be interesting. To display along side the setting.

I've found that chests work just perfectly with a single LV converter, but I'm not sure if my quarries are running at full speed or not.

Huh, that's an interesting idea...That might actually be a way around this whole BuildCraft PowerProvider problem without having to make new power pipes. Definitely something I'll think about.

• If you want faithful sprites of this one I guess u have to copy block_0 file from faithful/IC2 folder to energy coupler/sprites folder. It should work.

• Hi

I'm having a bit of an issue trying to install this. I've got buildcraft 2.2.5 and IC2 and they seem to work fine with no issues but when i try to add this (simply by dropping the zip file into the mods folder). Minecraft loads up fine afterwards but as soon as i enter the world it goes straight to saving chunks and crashes, afraid i can't offer an error log as it doesn't give me one. Any idea whats going wrong?

Trying to install this on my Single player world and downloading the client 0.20 version. Other mods i have installed are Buildcraft 2.2.5 and IC2, equivalent exchange, too many items, single player commands

• New in Version 0.21, Energy Regulator Pipes!

Never waste another EU again! Regulator Pipes will now automatically calculate and determine the optimal amount of energy to send to your buildcraft machines!

How to use:
    1) Attach a Wooden Regulator Pipe to the Energy Coupler BuildCraft output side
    2) Attach either a Gold or Stone Regulator Pipe to the energy's end destination, for example a Quarry or even another Energy Coupler!
    3) Connect the two endpoints with Energy Pipes
    4) Watch the energy flow at a regulated rate after the machine has filled itself up!
    5) There is no step 4! The pipes handle everything for you!

Some Regulator Pipe limitations:
    - Because of the way Energy Pipes pass energy requests, you may experience energy "waves" in longer pipes. For optimal use, it is recommended that you keep your pipe runs short.
    - Wooden Regulator Pipes are only intended for use with Energy Couplers. You may experience unintended consequences when using them with BuildCraft Engines.

• I am not sure if this is happening to anyone else, but with the knew version when i place a stone/gold regulator pipe my game crashes. But it allows me to place wooden ones perfectly fine.

• Neat.. I don't suppose you know if it works with teleport pipes?
    A couple of my machines are all a bit on the distant side so running power to them normally would get interesting. How short is "short"?
    Maybe it's just me but i'm not clear on the regulators, is this a 1:1 sort of thing? I may have to expand my BC solar farm as right now i've got a set of combustion engines powering anything rather taxing (32 solar panel isn't enough for 3 refinery and a quarry)

edit: mmkay.. i'm confused. upgrade to 0.21 and the game fails to load? Don't get an error and I don't see anything in Modloader.txt
    ah hah.. got an error:

• I am not sure if this is happening to anyone else, but with the knew version when i place a stone/gold regulator pipe my game crashes. But it allows me to place wooden ones perfectly fine.

EXACT same thing happened to mine. Bummer.

• Hi

I'm having a bit of an issue trying to install this. I've got buildcraft 2.2.5 and IC2 and they seem to work fine with no issues but when i try to add this (simply by dropping the zip file into the mods folder). Minecraft loads up fine afterwards but as soon as i enter the world it goes straight to saving chunks and crashes, afraid i can't offer an error log as it doesn't give me one. Any idea whats going wrong?

Trying to install this on my Single player world and downloading the client 0.20 version. Other mods i have installed are Buildcraft 2.2.5 and IC2, equivalent exchange, too many items, single player commands

I get an issue when using terminal or console to start up but the issue is a sizing error I think

• I'm not 100% sure if this addon is the problem, but it's the last one I've installed (and had no problems for the 3 or so days before installing it). Minecraft crashes to a "Saving Chunks" screen, and then black after that.

Here's an error log:

Here's hoping someone can help me.

• EXACT same thing happened to mine. Bummer.

Well, wouldn't you know it...Apparently there were some very subtle changes made in BuildCraft 2.2.5 to some classes I extended in 2.2.4 and that is what is causing the crashes when you put down stone/gold pipes. I'm going to see if I can work around it.

• Ok, I think I got the crash when placing stone or gold regulator pipes squared away in v0.21.1. The downside is that you have to run BuildCraft 2.2.5. Sorry about missing that.

• Ok, I think I got the crash when placing stone or gold regulator pipes squared away in v0.21.1. The downside is that you have to run BuildCraft 2.2.5. Sorry about missing that.

ah hah! that solved my crash issue as well.

I don't suppose anyone has any answers to my other two questions I asked above?

Neat.. I don't suppose you know if it works with teleport pipes?
    A couple of my machines are all a bit on the distant side so running power to them normally would get interesting. How short is "short"?