Question: Mass Fabricator and Scrap usage

• Hi, Sirbrandino here. I wanted to know what the exact percentage increase the matter generator gets when using scrap. Say I have 100 eus going into it, and I have scrap inside it, what percentage faster would it be, as well as the energy savings. Thanks guys.

I5 2500K | 4GB Cosair Vengence | Radeon 6850 | Rosewill 600w PSU | GigaByte Z68MA | CM Elite 311 | Dell 19" 720p (upgrading soon!)| Hitachi 500 GB 7200 HDD | LG 24X |Windows 7 (Genuine!)
    Alblaka in a Lightning Rod suggestion thread...[/size]

• Quoted from the Wiki's Mass Fabricator article

Scrap will greatly increase the speed and reduce the cost of the fabricator by 6 times. Scrap is consumed in the process, a total of 34 scrap is needed to create matter at maximum efficiency.

So yeah, scrap does increase speed for the MF.

• The mass fab doesn't have a time limit... It takes between 166,666 (with enough scrap) and 1,000,000 EU (no scrap) to make one UUM. The only time limit is how fast you can shove EU at it to hit those numbers (up to about 2.5-3kEU/t, where the scrap can't keep up).

• Thanks guys. I have a cactus farm outputting ~64 cactus every 5 minutes, and was sending them to be turned into scrap for my matter generator. I was trying to figure out if instead of turning them into scrap, sending them directly to generators that power the mass fab.

I5 2500K | 4GB Cosair Vengence | Radeon 6850 | Rosewill 600w PSU | GigaByte Z68MA | CM Elite 311 | Dell 19" 720p (upgrading soon!)| Hitachi 500 GB 7200 HDD | LG 24X |Windows 7 (Genuine!)
    Alblaka in a Lightning Rod suggestion thread...[/size]

• Your best bet is to have a very small number of generators to burn it, and attempt to turn most of it in to scrap. Add generators one at a time until the mass-fab is unable to keep up with the scrap.

• I am ready with that and believe As you can guess tester are lazy, and make sure to use only TMI created package "works "...... I thought they all work fine and couldnt find the problem completely, and use their own, either. Completely screw up the implementation of the development package formula, it will be fixed in future versions.

• At a certain point, the amount of EU fed into a mass fab gives diminish returns. That point is somewhere between 3.5kEU/t and 5kEU/t and closer to the lower bound.
    You don't "save" power by feeding it scrap per say but the speed at which the mass fab operates increases greatly (86%) with scrap and it doesn't consume more energy when speeding up.

If you where to (theoretically that is, it is impossible to gain the benefits) feed it with 166kEU/t you would need to feed it with 34 scrap/t.

If you feed it with 3.5kEU/t you need ~14.2 scrap per second going into the mass fab.

EDIT: At 3.5kEU/t and 14.2 scrap per second fed. The mass fab will generate one matter every ~2.38 seconds