IC2 Mod compatability

• Is there a spot on the wiki or on here that lists mods that are compatible with IC2? I'm using IC2 v1.15 and it works with MIllinaire and Humans+, but IC2 1.23 won't work with those mods.

• IC2 is a pure forge mod. Ever mod that is forge compatible (read doesn't change base files) is compatible with IC2. You can resolve ID conflicts by changing them in IC2.cfg or in the config of the other mod.

• Interesting though that the older version of IC2 worked with Millinaire and the newer one won't.

Sorry, I know this is getting kinda old, but I wanted to point out to anyone who comes across this problem, that I've been using IC since 1.15, and it has always worked fine for me whilst using Millenaire, Buildcraft, etc. etc.. You probably just had some ID errors or something..

• Honestly I don't know what the id errors would be unless my game automatically generates conflict ids somehow. I only had IC2 and Millienaire running and they didn't work for me. I'm hoping with all the new updates since 1.0 I'll be past that problem!

• okay i am trying to get IC2 the .23 version to work but it is having conflicts with BC 2.2.5 the configs are mixing up or something because modloader with not load the other if its on the load list.how do i fix it. do i have to wait for an update

• Official Post

1. The grammar of your post does not make any sense (to me, at least).
    2. The content of your post does not make any sense.
    3. I cannot exactly understand what you're trying to say, except for the fact there appears to be some issue between IC and BC on your install.

4. Is there a crash you can provide an errorlog of, please?

• sorry about that. :) to much to drink last night. IC2 is not working it is having a conflict with mod loader. it will not load the config if anything else is. its not crashing its just not loading.

• Hmm.. You've obviously mucked up your client.. I have the following mods on my SSP, and very similar mods on my SMP client, using .bat files so I don't have to reinstall every time I want to play a different server/ssp

As you can see, IC2 & BC 2.2.5 do work together.. You just need to install correctly.

• Mod compatibility? All I can remember is that BTW drills straight through the IC2 block IDs.

Anyone ever saw the mess that is Technic's configuration files?

That's basically a moot point now after FlowerChild threw his little hissy fit and withdrew his mod from the forge. (seriously.. the guy's a world class jerk, shoots his mouth off without doing any research)
    aka: if you want BTW you'll be stuck with *only* BTW. Personally i'm just dumping it, isn't worth the major hassle every time it updates (not to mention *still* no SMP... goodbye to that piece of junk mod) as it *still* doesn't support installing to the mods folder. (FC thinks about one person.. himself, doesn't think about any other mod out there)

• It's a pity as BTW is an interesting mod but after reading FC's responses to some members valid suggestions on his forum, I quickly decided the guy is a complete tool and deleted his mod.

Haven't been on here in a while but wanted to say great work on the IC2 mod all. Well done and I'm looking forward to next release!

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt

• It is a shame - I was interested in some of the things he did - particularly how he handled wind and water power - and was considering using it in conjunction with IC/BC/RP. But knowing that my worlds are almost guaranteed to break because BTW will no longer be compatible, I am refraining from uisng it.

As for FC's attitude and behavior, his true colors really showed yesterday. Someone complimented him on the mod and said "I can't wait to see it for 1.0" - note how different this is from asking "when/will it be out for 1.0?".
    FC got snippy and suggested that the poster must have some kind of defect (yes, his words) that accounts for his inability to wait. Real classy.

I think that his attitude will come back to bite him in the end. He sees no need to ensure ongoing compatibility, forcing many of his users to choose between BTW and IC/RP/BC. When someone forces me into a choice, I tend to go with the side that didn't force me. He treats his fans and users like he doesn't need them - in the end, he may find they all leave the mod and then his work is for naught. I can understand that he can't please everyone, but it seems he's trying to displease them all instead.

• Official Post

A thing most people probably don't know:
    FC got pissed off by the fact Eloraam started copying more and more elements of BTW/BC/IC, which is the reason he decided to drop Forge again.
    I can fully understand his motions in this regard and even if i don't exactly agree with his reactions (probably influenced by stress) mentioned in the post above, I would like people stopping to consider him THE bad guy in the whole conflict.

• I've made sure to note on the BTW thread that I do understand the reason for his decision and respect his prerogative. My issue is with the way he treats players who are actually interested in the mod. It seems that he and his "fanboys" (how I hate to use that term) are their own worst enemies when it comes to public relations. Every day, I see posts that would discourage me from wanting to try the mod at any rate. Add to that the compatibility issue - as time goes on, it will move from "no guarantee of compatibility" to "Guaranteed incompatibility" as FC uses block IDs currently occupied by other large and popular mods.

It's not his decision that makes him the bad guy - it's the way he's handling it. He's publicly stated that he doesn't care what others think - artistic integrity is all well and good, but if no one's playing the mod, one's work is in vain.

I can understand why Eloraam is doing what she's doing - her initial vision was for a technical mod that did all of those things in one mod, and she's stuck to that. Her priorities have been guided by the fact that some things can already be done in other mods, so those parts can be back-burnered... but FC's withdrawal illustrates why such a vision is needed. If one cannot count on other mods to provide these things because of compatibility issues, it becomes essential to provide them within one's own mod.

I respect the work done by individuals like you, Eloraam and SpaceToad. I respect your candor, your transparency and your willingness to engage with and help your player base. But what this all comes down to is that FC has basically dropped the gauntlet and told his players "You have to choose - do you want BTW in your worlds, or do you want IC/BC/RP?"

I love what you guys are doing and I'm not prepared to give it up just because he wants things his own way. "Does not play well with others" is not a trait I respect in a developer.