[Addon v1.95]Rocket Science v0.89 - flying autominers, missiles, and nuclear fusion!

• You can't craft the ion-drive, and the discharged passengerrocket never turns into a charged one. (I'm using an MFE to charge and the bar completily fills up but i can't place the rocket).
    However thanks for the fast bugfix.

• I've gotten a couple of bugs. The first one happens when i place a glass fiber cable it becomes a super-conductor cable. (which crashes the game when it is broken)
    The second is that I cannot start a fusion reactor, I crafted the coils, heating elements, and fuel, then I put the re-battery in and nothing happens.

• I've gotten a couple of bugs. The first one happens when i place a glass fiber cable it becomes a super-conductor cable. (which crashes the game when it is broken)
    The second is that I cannot start a fusion reactor, I crafted the coils, heating elements, and fuel, then I put the re-battery in and nothing happens.

Did you connect the fusion reactor to a not full power storage?

• Official Post

Okay, so here's v0.81c.

Fixes:
    -Autominer\separator placement issue is resolved.
    -Blocks now have proper hardness.
    -Superconductors no longer transform into cables, and vice versa.
    -Reusable passenger rockets now recharge properly. Unfortunately, because of the new charging code, I had to change the reusable rocket's metadata to 0 and the TNT missile's to 14. Your TNT missiles and reusable passenger rockets will transform into one another when you update.

I will repeat one of the answers in the FAQ: if you can't see or craft any items, there is an ID conflict somewhere. I can't help you unless you post your ModLoader log.

I could not reproduce the crash on missile placement on either of the two machines I installed. If you're having this issue, please remember I can't help you without error logs.

I will repeat one of the answers in the FAQ: if you can't see or craft any items, there is an ID conflict somewhere. I can't help you unless you post your ModLoader log.

Reminder for those using ID Resolver: go into your RocketScience.cfg file and pull up the block ID's for the items there. Then, look at the ID's assigned for the 'mod_Missile' in ID Resolver. Manually change the ID's in the RocketScience.cfg to those given by ID Resolver for each. Then restart Minecraft and click the 'Override Old Setting' button for all the changes concerning 'mod_Missile"...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• two bugs on version c, one weirdness and two suggestions.

bug 1: reusable passenger rockets charge up instantly when put in a MFSU and drain no power from it.

bug 2: upon igniting reactors loose the hook to the energy grid. You have to break the wire leading to it and place it again.

weirdness: sometimes the missles and incendiary missles won't arrive at the set target. No idea why. Haven't had failures with nukes though.

Suggestion one: Increase the storage space of the autominer, it gets full fast, even in vanilla.

Suggestion two: add a tool that allows us to manually type in the target coordinates (in absolute coordinates, not relative) to the rockets.

Suggestion three: I had a third suggestion but I forgot it...

Also are you looking for a x32 spriter? I'd gladly do a faithful x32 spritesheet for this mod :)

• Official Post

MagusUnion: Yeah, I'm going to try to move to the standard config file format in 0.85. Should let ID Resolver work directly.

Djohaal: That's interesting - I didn't have this problem during development. Were these freshly-crafted rockets or were they dropped after use? (I'll look through the fusion reactor code again - this bug's been reported before, but I thought I'd taken care of it)

Race: I don't know how I can make this easier to understand - I've told you multiple times I can't help without an error log.

• Please forgive me if I am missing something very simple, but why can't I get the reactor to ignite. Attached 2 screenshots to my previous post showing what its current state is. I have tried having it hooked up to full energy stores, and empty energy stores.

• Please forgive me if I am missing something very simple, but why can't I get the reactor to ignite. Attached 2 screenshots to my previous post showing what its current state is. I have tried having it hooked up to full energy stores, and empty energy stores.

you are missing deterium or tritium (one of ech is needed) and maybe litium

• So I have been following your mod for a while since shortly after IC2 came out and these forums came online, and that my guild and I find your mod exceptionally good. While our server is private for the moment, we do enjoy a small PvP and PVE/RP aspect to our server and feel that this would make for an awesome addition to our server. But I have to admit that I am slightly confused about something. I read the FAQ you have linked on the second main post and was wondering about your plans for SMP. I read your post that stated:

Future update plans are as follows. First, I'm going to finish the SSP features I've got partially coded (BuildCraft pipe support, satellite infrastructure, GPS satellite and transponder, mapping satellite, ground-penetrating imaging, orbital ion cannon, missile defense laser, radar dish and defense coordination block, control block for multiple missiles). Hopefully by the time that's finished I'll have found someone to take over the Bukkit conversion; if not, I can't promise anything.

But I am still confused about something. I was wondering two things: Are you only making a Bukkit version, or are you waiting for help with making the Bukkit version so you can make both SMP Vanilla and SMP Bukkit versions and release them at the same time? I only ask because I don't run Bukkit on my server and there are quite a few people in my guild who would love to see this mod on our MC Server. I was hoping that you could clarify this for me if possible?

• No, two deuterium cells will also do the trick. Try punching the fusion reactor without holding an item; I think I left some diagnostic code in. Let me know what it says.

It says:
    Heat:0
    fuel:0
    ignited: false
    Fuel type:0
    Production:0
    Added to grid: true
    Storage:0
    Breeding:0

And that is with a battery (full charge of course) in it and 2 deuterium cells and all the heating elements, as well as 1 super conducting coil .

• I only ask because I don't run Bukkit on my server and there are quite a few people in my guild who would love to see this mod on our MC Server. I was hoping that you could clarify this for me if possible?

Same situation here. I have been reading up about converting mods to mp and found this: http://www.minecraftforum.net/…dloadermp-modding-310511/ .
    It looks relatively easy and I am willing to give it a try if I can get the source code once rocket science 0.85 is out. Once 0.95 is out I'll probably code 24/7 to get those epic radars, lasers and satellites in the skies of my server. :D Then again it depends how hard it ends up when it comes to it.

• I updated to the new version, but still nothing. I'm dragging the included .jar file into the mods folder. Am I doing something wrong or is it a bug? :huh:

• Same problem as 5031is getting. here is the modloader log
    http://pastebin.com/5Km5tYWd

Might have found the issue

Code
    FINE: Booster block ID (201) conflicts! This may cause the mod to fail.
    Feb 16, 2012 5:20:28 PM mod_ZZZMissile func_22024_func_21238_readOptions
    FINE: Warhead block ID (202) conflicts! This may cause the mod to fail.
    FINE: Machine block ID (250) conflicts! This may cause the mod to fail.
    FINE: Fusion reactor block ID (246) conflicts! This may cause the mod to fail.
    FINE: Superconductor block ID (203) conflicts! This may cause the mod to fail.

Apparently block IDs are conflicted. if the mod doesnt load, them this is the problem

• Official Post

0.82 is up. This version fixes two fusion reactor bugs - it should now start heating properly and stay connected to the EnergyNet when it ignites. Reusable passenger rockets now charge properly, but the charging is instant - unfortunately, due to the new IC2 charging code, I can no longer switch the item ID upon full charge, so I just have it switch and suck down the 50,000EU in one tick. Sorry about that.

Adrian and Daniel: I chose Bukkit because (based on my limited knowledge of SMP coding) it seems that porting to Bukkit is easier than vanilla SMP. If I have time to tinker around and find that vanilla is easier, I'll code it without Bukkit.
    zgrillo: Yes, this is exactly what the FAQ says.