[Addon 1.112] BuildCraft-IndustrialCraft Crossover Mod v2.0[SSP/SMP]

• Official Post

Quick, possibly silly question:
    I see the recipes for the various engines but how much power do they need to run at full efficiency?
    Saw mention of a large electric engine for a quarry but does that need 128 to really power it? Just trying to get a bit of a comparison against the other methods, which take about 8 solar panels to run a quarry at full speed.
    I like the idea of direct electric engines a little better as they can run wooden extraction pipes but just trying to get an idea of what sorta power i'll need.
    This is assuming I can scrape up enough Block IDs to install this. (hmm... maybe if I make the teleportation system i've been meaning to do and rip out the Portal mod)

Again the energy exchange is equivalent, based off of coal. 1 piece of coal in a IC generator produces 5EU/t for 800t and 1 piece of coal in a steam engine runs for 1600t. Thus 2.5 EU/t = 1 Steam Engine.

• The moment I place a small electric engine Minecraft Crashes. (Saving Chunks then black screen)
    As far as I know the other engines don't cause any problems, I know for sure that the medium and industrial engines can be placed and work as I am using them currently.

Aside from that Great Job And I will Definitely be using this from now on.

• Official Post

The moment I place a small electric engine Minecraft Crashes. (Saving Chunks then black screen)
    As far as I know the other engines don't cause any problems, I know for sure that the medium and industrial engines can be placed and work as I am using them currently.

Aside from that Great Job And I will Definitely be using this from now on.

are you placeing the small engine next to a pump?

• can you make the engines be able to pull items out of automated crafting tables?

because thats the only reason i need this mod D:

or if you already made it compatible between each other, do you know why it doesn't work?

• Official Post

can you make the engines be able to pull items out of automated crafting tables?

because thats the only reason i need this mod D:

or if you already made it compatible between each other, do you know why it doesn't work?

If you mean what I think, it's a BC issue, they do not use the API. (It is why you can't power them with conductive pipes either.)
    If you mean something else... make sure the wooden pipe is oriented the correct way, the solid end toward the crafting table.

• Really nice mod so far.

Quick question though. If I hook one of the small electric engines up to a power source (currently using an MFSU stepped down using transformers), the internal battery won't stay charged. It'll charge up, and then it looks like it stops requesting power, discharges, and stops functioning.

I'm using them to run pumps and Pigalot's bucket fillers, but the problem persists even if the engine is against a wood pipe or nothing at all.

Any suggestions?

• Official Post

Screenshot ect.

• is there a way to make this work with a server ? I'm running bukkit and would love this to work.

• *blink* something's screwy here...
    so I set up an efficiency test in my test world w/ TMI

setup like this:
    MFS Unit -> MV transformer -> LV Transformer -> Medium Engine -> 2x petrochemical generator via wooden and power pipes (one couldn't keep up) -> MFS Unit

I put in a charged energy crystal and get 99,990 power or so. I got out 150k power or so with about 500 or so left in the supply MFSU
    Can anyone else reproduce this? I expected to get out a little less than what went in due to losses. Didn't expect to get more out than I put in.

Edit: forgot to mention: had a supply of water feeding the engine as well.

• Official Post

There is a bug with the energy pipes. I reported it on the BC forums a few days ago, but so far they seem to be ignoring it.

• Well now that seems entirely different to what I just got, but it might just be a question of scale. My setup is: Small Solar Flower -> Batbox -> Small Engine -> pipes -> 1 petrochemical generator -> Batbox. The solar flower happily keeps the batbox full all day, and the single engine won't drain the box overnight. However the measured EU's from the first batbox to the engine is 2.5EU/t, while from the generator to the second Batbox the rate is only 0.75EU/t. Admittedly this doesn't say anything about what would happen if you put this system in a closed loop without the solar flower, but I wasn't expecting the rate to drop to a third

• Official Post

Well now that seems entirely different to what I just got, but it might just be a question of scale. My setup is: Small Solar Flower -> Batbox -> Small Engine -> pipes -> 1 petrochemical generator -> Batbox. The solar flower happily keeps the batbox full all day, and the single engine won't drain the box overnight. However the measured EU's from the first batbox to the engine is 2.5EU/t, while from the generator to the second Batbox the rate is only 0.75EU/t. Admittedly this doesn't say anything about what would happen if you put this system in a closed loop without the solar flower, but I wasn't expecting the rate to drop to a third

/sigh noone post screenshots. I can't tell anything from that without a screenshot and logs.

• I recently set up a large quarry field powered by 10 industrial engines (which also power 10 pumps in the ocean) however 2 days later in realtime, I now have no ocean left, ok well I have a small puddle of 13 blocks. I think (and this is just a suggestion) that it would be a good idea if you were to reduce the water consumption on those engines maybe only by a small amount.

• /sigh noone post screenshots. I can't tell anything from that without a screenshot and logs.

Sorry, it was late, so here's some pics now. Hopefully you can read the readout.

Anyway I plan on upgrading to Medium. Small seems too small

• Official Post

I recently set up a large quarry field powered by 10 industrial engines (which also power 10 pumps in the ocean) however 2 days later in realtime, I now have no ocean left, ok well I have a small puddle of 13 blocks. I think (and this is just a suggestion) that it would be a good idea if you were to reduce the water consumption on those engines maybe only by a small amount.

Water pumps in ocean = bad. What you want is the water over a small 1 deep pool, like 5x5, an infinite spring... you are not meant to be pumping out oceans if you still want the ocean there.

And 10 industrial engine can power 36 quarries and 10 pumps... do you need that many quarries?

• I will look into it. What did the generator's GUI say? And how full is the bat box?

The batbox gets freshly placed for test runs, so it will be empty. However I have just done a run with a Medium engine and that behaved as expected (a rate of about 12.5 EU/t before and after the pips). What was new to me this run was that the generator's liquids bar filled up. It hadn't done this with the Small engine, so I would assume the generator can't retain pressure with only a single Small engine.

Still, now that I've got the Medium engine I'll be using that and the Small engine will be relegated to powering the pump for the Medium engine's water.