[Addon 1.112] BuildCraft-IndustrialCraft Crossover Mod v2.0[SSP/SMP]

• Cool - I'll look for pics of that! My wife works for a natural gas company so she is intrigued by all the different energy sources I'm exploring in the game.

• Getting a null pointer error after changing the blockIDs to resolve a conflict:

Any advice? This sounds like an amazing mod and I'd really like to give it a shot in comparison with PC's converter mod (which, while working, doesn't add quite the functionality this seems to add), but it doesn't seem to like my setup. I'm using pretty much the same setup that Direwolf20 is using for his latest Lets Play, with Optifine on top of it.

• Backup your save. Remove the addon and log in. You will ose any of the machines and items from the mod, but it's a small price to pay. Now save and exit, drop this addon back in your mods folder and log in.

See if that solves it - I seem to recall doing just that when 1.337 came out. If it doesn't work, you can always restore the old save.

I'm so glad to see this add-on updated! And PowerCrystals' add-on is updated as well, and Bucket Filler apparently works with BC 2.2.8... I am a happy little builder.

• Official Post

You cannot change the IDs of blocks that are already in the game, if you have done so it would not work. Also it looks like you still have an ID conflict.

• That's the thing, I didn't change any blockIDs in the game, the only ones I changed were in your config.

I'll have to check and see if I can find an unused set of blockIDs and see if that works.

• Actually, it did, changing the blockIDs for BC/IC Crossover to unused ones fixed the problem.

Only thing I can think of is that the blockIDs I was trying to use were some sort of dependency for something else, so changing the IDs caused something that another mod was expecting to be there to not be there or something. I don't know, I don't do any modding myself for Minecraft so I'm not really sure how this all works.

And now that it does work, I'm loving what I see so far. Thanks for the awesome mod!

• Using this mod - in id resolver this mod keeps trying to add BC's pipes and blocks that already are in my game from BC 2.2.8 ofc.
    Is the BC/IC api folders inside this mods zip are needed? I asked because i saw that on another thread MineFactory reloaded(i think) ppl were told to delete the BC folder, which had the same contents this mod has..

God blesses the child that can hold its own.

• Official Post

Using this mod - in id resolver this mod keeps trying to add BC's pipes and blocks that already are in my game from BC 2.2.8 ofc.
    Is the BC/IC api folders inside this mods zip are needed? I asked because i saw that on another thread MineFactory reloaded(i think) ppl were told to delete the BC folder, which had the same contents this mod has..

This mod calls the init() method of the various BC components so that they are not null when I try to use them for recipes and such. Them modloader also calls the init() function, making it run again. Without ID resolver it's not a big deal, the variable are static and it just reinitialize them with the same IDs. With ID resolver, it tries to assign them a different ID because the ID they use was taken up during the first init() call. (I think, I've not looked into it in any detail).

The API is irrelevant.

• Can you make It BC Alpha 3.0 compatible?
    I get this error if I try to use this addon with BC 3.0: