[Addon 1.112] BuildCraft-IndustrialCraft Crossover Mod v2.0[SSP/SMP]

• Official Post

I did try from a fresh install - a couple of times, in fact. Haven't tried just loading BC, IC and this add-on, but that's not really an option since I'm looking to add it to already-established worlds.
    From the error log (and ID checker) it almost looks like it's not seeing names for some of the blocks. I don't know too much about the underlying code, but I'm still trying to troubleshoot why the build works fine except when this add-on is included.

What I think is happening is there is an error somewhere that is caught and not reported. Might be in my code, or someone elses. That's what you need to find. The error message you are seeing has nothing to do with what the real issue is.

It crashes on loading, so it doesn't matter if there are items in your world are, don't load the world, just find which combination of mods load and which do not.

• I'll look into it - will require setting up another build because I'm sure not going to uninstall everything that works to troubleshoot what doesn't.
    But if it were in someone else's mod, why do they all work fine without this? Game works fine until I add this mod - and works fine again after I remove it.
    I'm just trying to understand why this would indicate any possibility of the problem lying elsewhere.

• OK, adding each of the .jar modifications, and then the other mods in priority of my need and use, I seem to have isolated the conflict down to something in the Portal Gun mod.
    That's a pain - that mod is great when it's working nicely, not so great when it intermittently and unexpectedly stops working in the game - or causes unexpected and unidentifiable conflicts as it does here.

I tried removing that mod and putting in this one, and it "seems" to be working fine. Items appear to be listed in NEI when creating a new world. The only remaining test is to see if it still holds in my existing worlds.
    Guess I'll forego the Portal Gun mod for now - maybe use the TF2 teleporters and Sentry Gun instead, if they work - not as versatile but it'll have to do.

Hopefully, discovering the conflict can help you in some way, Silentdeth. I don't know if there's anything you can do - or even have to do, really - but maybe it sheds some light on things. Thanks for your help and advice.

• OK, adding each of the .jar modifications, and then the other mods in priority of my need and use, I seem to have isolated the conflict down to something in the Portal Gun mod.
    That's a pain - that mod is great when it's working nicely, not so great when it intermittently and unexpectedly stops working in the game - or causes unexpected and unidentifiable conflicts as it does here.

I tried removing that mod and putting in this one, and it "seems" to be working fine. Items appear to be listed in NEI when creating a new world. The only remaining test is to see if it still holds in my existing worlds.
    Guess I'll forego the Portal Gun mod for now - maybe use the TF2 teleporters and Sentry Gun instead, if they work - not as versatile but it'll have to do.

Hopefully, discovering the conflict can help you in some way, Silentdeth. I don't know if there's anything you can do - or even have to do, really - but maybe it sheds some light on things. Thanks for your help and advice.

Having hacked on portal gun to try and build a bukkit port, I'm not in the slightest bit surprised. What's probably happened is that portal gun actually failed (note the gui errors with bcic2) and decided that the smart thing to do was nuke the system from orbit (metaphorically).

• Oh well, what I lost in portability (pun intended) is more than made up in power (pun also intended). Giving up the portal gun for the petro gen, electric engines and the sweet TF2 Sentires? Win.

• silentdeth I was wondering if it was possible to say disable all features but the UU Matter one? I feel that IC to BC is a bit oped but I do like the UU Matter because you do end up running out of oil and bc then becomes Boring :(

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• Official Post

Oh well, what I lost in portability (pun intended) is more than made up in power (pun also intended). Giving up the portal gun for the petro gen, electric engines and the sweet TF2 Sentires? Win.

Well, if you look at the config files maybe you can spot the conflict. It isn't like my mod has a lot of IDs. If you fix the conflict maybe it will work.

• It's possible that I could, sadly the Portal Gun mod is not as clean and concise as yours. There is a bunch of crap I don't know anything about and would never use anyhow - I think all I ever used was the Portal Gun, the Portal Spawners, Advanced Knee Replacements and Weighted Companion Cube. Everything else was useless to me. But I couldn't find a way to install just that stuff, and disabling parts of it in the config might not change the fact that it doesn't play nice with your add-on.

I don't think it's a config-related issue, at any rate. The error report seemed to indicate something deeper within java, and I'm no programmer. But I do know that it wasn't anything as simple as an ID conflict - those are simple to resolve.

So I ditched the portal gun mod and I think I'll get by just fine with the TF2 stuff instead.

• Official Post

It's possible that I could, sadly the Portal Gun mod is not as clean and concise as yours. There is a bunch of crap I don't know anything about and would never use anyhow - I think all I ever used was the Portal Gun, the Portal Spawners, Advanced Knee Replacements and Weighted Companion Cube. Everything else was useless to me. But I couldn't find a way to install just that stuff, and disabling parts of it in the config might not change the fact that it doesn't play nice with your add-on.

I don't think it's a config-related issue, at any rate. The error report seemed to indicate something deeper within java, and I'm no programmer. But I do know that it wasn't anything as simple as an ID conflict - those are simple to resolve.

So I ditched the portal gun mod and I think I'll get by just fine with the TF2 stuff instead.

No one ever uses the IC2 teleporter... granted it sometimes blows up (or have they fixed that?), but still. People should just walk, why when I was your age, I had to walk a 1000 blocks, uphill, both ways, in the dark armed with only half a stick just get some dirt. And by golly I was happy to make the trip too. Kids these days *grumble grumble*

• My experiences with IC teleporters have been none too enjoyable. For one thing, they draw way too much power - and they're not the most reliable in terms of delivery. They're probably fine between two locations that are within walking distance anyways, but they need a lot of love before I'll consider them worthwhile.

F4113nb34st's personal teleporter add-on was a promising option (I primarily want something to port me home from the field) but every time I used it I wound up in the Void, even after he said it was "fixed".

An odd thing happened with the Portal spawner when I removed the Portal mod and added the BC-IC crossover. Apparently, one of the portal spawners in a distant chunk became two Oil Materializers instead! It caused my most recent save to crash shortly after loading, but I went back to an earlier save, destroyed them and retrieved the chunkloader block from that area. Hopefully that solved the problem.

• Official Post

My experiences with IC teleporters have been none too enjoyable. For one thing, they draw way too much power - and they're not the most reliable in terms of delivery. They're probably fine between two locations that are within walking distance anyways, but they need a lot of love before I'll consider them worthwhile.

F4113nb34st's personal teleporter add-on was a promising option (I primarily want something to port me home from the field) but every time I used it I wound up in the Void, even after he said it was "fixed".

An odd thing happened with the Portal spawner when I removed the Portal mod and added the BC-IC crossover. Apparently, one of the portal spawners in a distant chunk became two Oil Materializers instead! It caused my most recent save to crash shortly after loading, but I went back to an earlier save, destroyed them and retrieved the chunkloader block from that area. Hopefully that solved the problem.

That probably means you had a block ID conflict.

• Again, I know how to identify and resolve block ID conflicts. It means nothing of the sort. It merely means that the block ID that was previously assigned to the portal spawner was later assigned to the oil mat - because now the ID was "open". The spawner blocks became recognized as the new item now assigned to the ID. It's odd that the blocks weren't removed when I took out the Portal mod, but I may not have loaded the world between taking that mod out and putting this one in.

Just an odd manifestation of the change - I don't think it caused any issues, but I took the blocks out just in case.

• For the Oil Materializer, couldn't you use a Mass Fabricator in the recipe instead of a Automatic Crafting Bench? Then it would be a bit more expensive :)

• Official Post

For the Oil Materializer, couldn't you use a Mass Fabricator in the recipe instead of a Automatic Crafting Bench? Then it would be a bit more expensive :)

All the other UU matter recipes only require you to craft them, in that sense it is balanced. In the next version the default UU-matter to oil ratio will change to 1, that should solve the balance issues.

• Bug Found : the petrochemical generator will not consume a fuel bucket unless it is removed by the player, using the GUI. It does not scan it's own inventory for full fuel buckets and remove them automatically. This prevents you from using redstone power to refuel a generator using pneumatic tubes, which would be a convenient feature to have.

FIXED : All you need to do is add to your OnTick() class for the TileEntityPetrochemicalGenerator.java file is your function "update();" to the top. That will cause it to check if it has buckets in inventory every tick.

• Official Post

Bug Found : the petrochemical generator will not consume a fuel bucket unless it is removed by the player, using the GUI. It does not scan it's own inventory for full fuel buckets and remove them automatically. This prevents you from using redstone power to refuel a generator using pneumatic tubes, which would be a convenient feature to have.

FIXED : All you need to do is add to your OnTick() class for the TileEntityPetrochemicalGenerator.java file is your function "update();" to the top. That will cause it to check if it has buckets in inventory every tick.

It in fact does do so, it just doesn't do so every tick. Wait a few seconds and it will use the bucket, this is only if it is not empty.