[Addon 1.112] BuildCraft-IndustrialCraft Crossover Mod v2.0[SSP/SMP]

• I'm getting a crash report, and i think i've narrowed it down to the crossover mod, as industrialcraft and buildcraft run without the crossover mod installed.

• Official Post

Large Electric Engine

Requires coolant. Accepts up to MV. Produces 5x more BC energy than the Medium Electric Engine, the exact amount needed to run a quarry, refinery, filler, or builder at full speed.

For some reason, you need two of these to run a refinery at full speed. I'm assuming that's not right.

• in client SMP
    SPAM :(

mods

• Official Post

For some reason, you need two of these to run a refinery at full speed. I'm assuming that's not right.

In actuality the refinery uses an amount of energy dependent upon what it is refining. If you are using the 3.x branch you can check the energy output with a MJ reader. If you are using the 2.x branch for SSP, it is advisable to switch to the 3.x branch as the 2.x branch has errors within its energy pipes.

• Official Post

I do not believe that to be a problem with this mod. I do not, to my knowledge, use those classes, nor am I able to reproduce any such error.

• I do not believe that to be a problem with this mod. I do not, to my knowledge, use those classes, nor am I able to reproduce any such error.

maybe you are right but the error appears if you put this mod. BUT I still use the old map 1.1. Can you tell me where to dig to find the cause of the error of spam?

• I posted about this exact same error on the minecraftforums.net thread for this addon. I get the same problem, as does my friend and everybody else on my server, but only when this addon is installed.

It may not be a bug in this specific addon, but something this addon is doing is causing the problem with BC specifically.

buildcraft.core.ClassMapping.updateFromData(ClassMapping.java:416)
    ClassMapping.java, line 416, called inside function updateFromData.

The offending area is:

Code
    for (Field f : enumFields) {
        f.set(obj,
            ((Class) f.getGenericType()).getEnumConstants()[byteBuffer.readUnsignedByte()]);
        r.bytes += 1;
        r.dataInt += 1;
    }

The specific line 416 that's where it's failing (edited to be a single line)

Code
    f.set(obj,((Class) f.getGenericType()).getEnumConstants()[byteBuffer.readUnsignedByte()]);

I'm not completely sure what is calling something from your code that would end up running through these functions, but something in your code is handing off data that is causing a null pointer here. If I had access to the entire source needed to compile the crossover mod, I might be able to track it down.

maybe you are right but the error appears if you put this mod. BUT I still use the old map 1.1. Can you tell me where to dig to find the cause of the error of spam?

• Using 2.x since I'm preparing to mash all of my mods into a smp server, and 3.x doesn't have smp support if I recall. The only thing a refinery uses by default is oil, and biomass if you have forestry and 3.x. I got rid of the 10ish gold conductive pipes and noticed a no real difference. Kind of crazy that you need 128 eu/t to fully power a refinery but whatever, guess I just need to find a way to generate that kind of power early on.