[Suggestion] Quarry's! Why not?

• So most of us are getting tired of having to wait for bug fixes that multiply on a certain mod. So what the heck why not just add Quarry's to IC and maybe overtime pipes and etc as a module mod. Meaning if you don't like it don't install it. Seems like a smart thing to do anyways.

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• Quote from SpaceToad, from the official "That Certian Mod" thread on Minecraftforums.net

WARNING BuildCraft 2.2.0 is released as beta. It contains additional code that will break dependency with other mods, and may be instable. For anything else than testing, you should use the stable release 1.8.1.1.

If you're taking issue with another mod's update cycle, you may have better luck taking up the issue on the other mod's forum, rather then trying to make other mods emulate said mod.

'Wait! What does that mean?! I can't panic properly unless I know what that means!'
    'Well believe me, Mike, I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid, and... I went ahead anyway.'

• If you're taking issue with another mod's update cycle, you may have better luck taking up the issue on the other mod's forum, rather then trying to make other mods emulate said mod.

Yeah and Minecraft 9.8 will be out by the time its fixed. Plus that is another Mod I'm talking about IC2 should get quarry's.

• Yeah and Minecraft 9.8 will be out by the time its fixed. Plus that is another Mod I'm talking about IC2 should get quarry's.

Except IC already has the Miner, which is, in my opinion, a more elegant solution. Why does Industrial Craft need clearcut quarries?

'Wait! What does that mean?! I can't panic properly unless I know what that means!'
    'Well believe me, Mike, I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid, and... I went ahead anyway.'

• Except IC already has the Miner, which is, in my opinion, a more elegant solution. Why does Industrial Craft need clearcut quarries?

I was like the same way at first I mean derp why? But in the end I actually enjoy it. Now BC add more to is the sorting the storage all the fun but in a way be neat to also cut large area's maybe to empty out large areas for bases and such but I guess you could always nuke it ;)

• I was like the same way at first I mean derp why? But in the end I actually enjoy it. Now BC add more to is the sorting the storage all the fun but in a way be neat to also cut large area's maybe to empty out large areas for bases and such but I guess you could always nuke it ;)

Well, if you like how Buildcraft does their mining.... then use Buildcraft, as well as Industrial Craft^2. This is why I'm a huge supporter of Forge. It allows you to run Forge compatible mods together with minimal issues.

... Why reinvent the wheel?

• bc is completely balance breaking mod, with simple setup that does not need any skills to build users allowed to farm unlimited amount of blocks by afk.

game shoud not play itself, without user nothing shoud ever happen.

machines shoud not replace user, they shoud assist only.

• bc is completely balance breaking mod, with simple setup that does not need any skills to build users allowed to farm unlimited amount of blocks by afk.

game shoud not play itself, without user nothing shoud ever happen.

machines shoud not replace user, they shoud assist only.

clearly you've never had to do lava remediation on an open quarry site. definitely died and lost items hauling the porta-pump and water buckets down a 60 level deep quarry more than a few times.

Also, I find IC's material efficiency to be much greater than BC's where to make a diamond gear i need gold and iron (gold which is in very short supply around me) so i've gotten much farther with IC (full legit quantum suit) than bc (one quarry, still working out the best way to retrieve and sort input material.

I've got BC 2.2.x beta and IC 1.23 running together just fine as far as I can tell. Did have some hiccups with the ic-bc energy coupler, but those were user issues.

Also, I like the clear-cut of quarries for the amount of stone/dirt i get that i can feed to my recyclers for stuff to feed to my MF; but I don't see why al should reinvent the wheel when he's got a product that does 90% of the same thing in a much more elegant manner that probably pleases some people.

I would however like to know how to get rid of that orange quarry framing shite faster...

• I'm sorry but saying the large volumes of stone and such mined by a Quarry require zero effort obviously shows how little you've really had to work these systems.

A default sized quarry with 4 stone engines pumping into it, takes about 512+ Charcoal to properly power to dig to the bottom of the world (as a 9x9). Take into account the 11 Diamonds that it takes to build the damn thing in the firstplace and it is NOT easy to construct for "tons of free materials".

Personally I get better ore returns for literally nothing using IC2's Miner, just solar array + Miner + Ore, Quarries are more expensive, take maintenance, and provide shit tons of raw crap and very little actual ore.

Still remember the convo ending with "No, stop bugging me, cables transmitting energy are totally not possible! Use the batterys."

• clearly you've never had to do lava remediation on an open quarry site. definitely died and lost items hauling the porta-pump and water buckets down a 60 level deep quarry more than a few times.

Sorry to be off topic, but usually what I do to solve this problem is to quarry the ocean instead.

• Sorry to be off topic, but usually what I do to solve this problem is to quarry the ocean instead.

another option i've considered is putting a source block in the center block of ground you're about to quarry. should flood the entire area as you dig and take care of it.

Personally i like to pump the lava as an energy source. just wish i could setup a bc pump to automatically pump out whatever gets in the way like the ic pumps do.

• Those BC pumps extend down practically forever and seem to suck up any connected source blocks off of a flow. Granted, this worked wonders for recovering some natural water after it made all the lava under it natural obsidian...

• Official Post

Anyways, back to the topic of IC quarries. I've already had the discussion with Kane in the IRC channel about how to Jury-rig the IC miner to be a Make-shift quarry (By adding Stone, Dirt, cobble, etc to the Valuable ores list, and using an OV scanner, making the miner dig a comparable sized hole to that of the quarry all the way down to Bedrock). I have not tested this scenario myself, but I'm assuming it should work (In before I make an ass out of u and me).

• Anyways, back to the topic of IC quarries. I've already had the discussion with Kane in the IRC channel about how to Jury-rig the IC miner to be a Make-shift quarry (By adding Stone, Dirt, cobble, etc to the Valuable ores list, and using an OV scanner, making the miner dig a comparable sized hole to that of the quarry all the way down to Bedrock). I have not tested this scenario myself, but I'm assuming it should work (In before I make an ass out of u and me).

Yeah after I talk and thinking about it would take a addon make prob 10 minutes to create different type of miners using that function. Not really needed in the official ic :)

• but then how are you supposed to scale down the wall and mine out all the caves that are exposed by the quarry? (without drowning)

http://wiki.industrial-craft.n….php?title=Quantum-Helmet
    Doesn't even need any unobtainium plates!

Fake Edit: You can also place ladders for convenient air pockets.