[Addon 1.42] Iron Chests V0.9.5

• Might I recommend you change the recipe for the diamond chest to at least a diamond block required? Ideally diamond blocks on the upper part, diamonds on the lower part. These things are a bit too large for only a single diamond used and some glass. Nice mod though.

You mean a diamond block instead of a single diamond?

• I agree, one diamond is simply too easily to obtain, especially with IC2. Make it similar to the other recipes or replace the diamond with a block.

• Thank you sir, now I have another reason to stock up on diamonds.

Edit: Now that I think of it, most people may just make gold chests, I'm not sure another 27 slots justifies the use of 8 diamonds, 4ish may be more reasonable.

Personally I like expensive items, so I don't mind paying 8... but that's just me. Maybe others will add their input on this subject.

• Thank you sir, now I have another reason to stock up on diamonds.

Edit: Now that I think of it, most people may just make gold chests, I'm not sure another 27 slots justifies the use of 8 diamonds, 4ish may be more reasonable.

Personally I like expensive items, so I don't mind paying 8... but that's just me. Maybe others will add their input on this subject.

Oh yeah, 27 slots is so worth all the diamonds, think about it, 27 more STACKS of anything....oh yes, thank you lish for balancing that recipe.

• Just want to add my tuppence worth on the "too many diamonds" subject. 8 is too many. Far too many. 1-4 is probably an acceptable amount. I prefer 1 (I've not even found 8 diamonds total yet in my 2 week old world) but I think any cost up to 4 would be OK. I would suggest another way to increase the cost is to use a progression mechanism: iron chest has wood chest in it, gold chest has an iron chest in it, diamond chest has gold chest in it.

• Just want to add my tuppence worth on the "too many diamonds" subject. 8 is too many. Far too many. 1-4 is probably an acceptable amount. I prefer 1 (I've not even found 8 diamonds total yet in my 2 week old world) but I think any cost up to 4 would be OK. I would suggest another way to increase the cost is to use a progression mechanism: iron chest has wood chest in it, gold chest has an iron chest in it, diamond chest has gold chest in it.

1- You fail at MC.
    2- Good ideas.
    3- Suggestion- make the diamond chest gui have the same amount of overhang on both sides of the inventory.

It has become a little stubbly. Implement facial hair growth in IC²? Vision continuously grows more furry until you shave. (approx once every 2 minecraft days ;P)

Steve shaves with his chainsaw.
    Check out Factorio- A game where you build a factory from scratch.

• 1- You fail at MC.
    2- Good ideas.
    3- Suggestion- make the diamond chest gui have the same amount of overhang on both sides of the inventory.

1. How the fuck do you 'fail' at a sandbox game? I mean, really?
    2. Also like, since it'll give me a reason to take iron chests in the beginning..
    3. Why?

But seriously, how do you fail at a sandbox game?

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• Hey
    Could you try to use only one ID and then make sub ID's
    like the Machine Block of IC² with 250
    Iron Furnance 250-1
    Electro Furnance 250-2
    and so on.
    But Great Mod !

• Yeah I agree on this some people only have half a dozen id's left hehe.

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• Downloaded! I really hope this don't get discontinued, it would be a pain having to move everything back into normal chests XD

Seconded thirded XD

Please, correct my English.

• I could, but a few things that I'm concerned of:

1. You will lose everything in your chests when you update.
    2. Chests uses Metadata to store orientation, i.e. which side the chest is facing. (Updating will probably cause some change here, by putting facing in NBT int instead)

If you guys don't mind removing all items from Iron/Gold/Diamond chests and remove the chests themselves, then I can do it.

Ok, I changed the recipe to use 4 Diamond + 4 glass + 1 chest
    It's going to be included in the next release.

• lishid, I think its a must though put a large warning up hehe. Also the quality your plugins seem amazing. Are you considering doing anymore any chance? Few people taken upon themselves to create a few plugins that are not really suitable for large scale servers in ways I should say just not professional enough but you seem very active and doing a wonderful job. I would love to see more mods from you :)

• I could, but a few things that I'm concerned of:

1. You will lose everything in your chests when you update.
    2. Chests uses Metadata to store orientation, i.e. which side the chest is facing. (Updating will probably cause some change here, by putting facing in NBT int instead)

If you guys don't mind removing all items from Iron/Gold/Diamond chests and remove the chests themselves, then I can do it.

Well, personally I wouldn't mind moving around some stuff to free 2 IDs, but that's just me...

Please, correct my English.

• lishid, I think its a must though put a large warning up hehe. Also the quality your plugins seem amazing. Are you considering doing anymore any chance? Few people taken upon themselves to create a few plugins that are not really suitable for large scale servers in ways I should say just not professional enough but you seem very active and doing a wonderful job. I would love to see more mods from you :)

Thanks, I would try my best whenever I have time to make plugins :D

Well, personally I wouldn't mind moving around some stuff to free 2 IDs, but that's just me...

Ok, I'm working on merging the IDs now...

• Sweet, You should make a thread when you do have more time with ideas and stuff. I would love to see a better teleport system in game maybe with a bit lower power usage and a portable recall with a bit more energy use needed for it hehe. I feel that something need a bit of a balance when it comes to the teleport system especially for large servers.

• 1. How the gentle caress do you 'fail' at a sandbox game? I mean, really?
    2. Also like, since it'll give me a reason to take iron chests in the beginning..
    3. Why?

But seriously, how do you fail at a sandbox game?

He fails at MC by saying in a world he has played for TWO WEEKS he hasn't found 8 diamonds....I find more than that in my first hour.....it's all about where to look. The GUI thing probably so it looks a little nicer:D

• He fails at MC by saying in a world he has played for TWO WEEKS he hasn't found 8 diamonds....I find more than that in my first hour.....it's all about where to look. The GUI thing probably so it looks a little nicer:D

Gee, thanks. Yeah, it's more that I play for, oh, maybe an hour every few nights when I can scavenge. Most of the time I'm helping my 6 year old daughter build elaborate houses.

On the "multiple diamonds" thing. I think 4 might be too many too. Compared to Equivalent Exchange (I know it's not SMP but still, it's very comparable otherwise) it's a very expensive item. Multipage chests- similarly much cheaper. I think a tiered item would be best. After all, chests aren't an ongoing expense, so long term "balance" is not really very relevant, and tiering would be a better progressive balance solution than massive piles of diamonds.

On the multi-id thing- one word of caution, you may break SMP quite badly if you do that- you'll probably have to re-implement all the automagic code that you're currently leveraging so you can support multiple IDs (can you tell I've been trying to debug multi-page chests which doesn't work properly in SMP because he's homebrewed his own solution).