[Addon 1.42] Iron Chests V0.9.5

• that actually looks good to me cause you can use those slots for certain ores or put stuff there when collecting stuff to get ready to craft but dont have all the necessary materials yet

• Maybe Sides? Side 1 and 2?

Just mentioning for clarity, you mean pages, right?

Multiple pages. Corr. I am just going to swap this mod for my EE... Only reason I really had EE were the alchemical chests, and with this mod, well, out it goes. The rest of it felt too cheaty somehow.

GENERATION 26: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the
    generation. Social experiment.

• i was also wondering if you might be able to make it so they act like personal safes in the way they can be placed on top of each other and still open the one on bottom

• i was also wondering if you might be able to make it so they act like personal safes in the way they can be placed on top of each other and still open the one on bottom

Ok, I would put that in for the next version... (I thought the idea of being a chest-like chest would be nice, guess people still prefer to have the functionality part :D)

• Very much an invaluable mod. I seriously wanted equivlent exchange on my server, but then this showed up, and I was like "Never mind", since we mainly wanted the alchemecal chests (I find much of it to be a bit OP)

• Just mentioning for clarity, you mean pages, right?

Multiple pages. Corr. I am just going to swap this mod for my EE... Only reason I really had EE were the alchemical chests, and with this mod, well, out it goes. The rest of it felt too cheaty somehow.

Yeah, I mean Multiple pages :D. That would be very nice.

• This is just a feature request.

I'd like the ability to have a "ghost chest". It would be a special chest that would be linked to another regular chest. The ghost chest would be able to be opened and observe the regular chest, but would not be able to add or remove items. There are a lot of situations this would come in handy for when you have a nice complicated system setup and you don't want to run all the way to wherever to make sure things are running correctly. Or maybe you just want to see how much matter you've generated without running all the way to your mass fab. The applications are endless.

• Another feature request:

Portable Chest like Backpacks. You can Link them to an Diamond Chest and it uses EU (rechargeable) and you can Items switch from your inventory to this chest?

I hope you understand, my english isn't the best :X

• Ok, I would put that in for the next version... (I thought the idea of being a chest-like chest would be nice, guess people still prefer to have the functionality part :D)

dont get me wrong it is nice decoration wise but you could also make another version of it to make it like the personal safe and have it look similar to one and just keep the others as well for decoration also being able to paint them would be nice :whistling: you know for color coding for sorting :love:

• This is just a feature request.

I'd like the ability to have a "ghost chest". It would be a special chest that would be linked to another regular chest. The ghost chest would be able to be opened and observe the regular chest, but would not be able to add or remove items. There are a lot of situations this would come in handy for when you have a nice complicated system setup and you don't want to run all the way to wherever to make sure things are running correctly. Or maybe you just want to see how much matter you've generated without running all the way to your mass fab. The applications are endless.

I like the idea, someone also requested linked chests...

I am thinking of making a linked chest that has the same storage as diamond (upgraded from diamond) but can be linked to another chest (shared contents)

dont get me wrong it is nice decoration wise but you could also make another version of it to make it like the personal safe and have it look similar to one and just keep the others as well for decoration also being able to paint them would be nice :whistling: you know for color coding for sorting :love:

that will be a bit tougher. I don't think it's worth the trouble either. Painting blocks uses Metadata to store the color, while my chests use metadata already to store type and facing...

• I think i understood, but I think this will be put to later as coding it is complicated.

• that will be a bit tougher. I don't think it's worth the trouble either. Painting blocks uses Metadata to store the color, while my chests use metadata already to store type and facing...

if its already using metadata for some stuff could you not just add to the already existing metadata or perhaps take the coding from say wires, the personal safe, and your mod and just combine them?

• 4 diamonds??? i think its too expensive i think better to use 1 or 2 diamonds

this has been gone over before, read the thread. used to be 8, 4 still sounds too cheap for me given the large amount of storage.
    I've got at least 10 diamond chest now, the cost is acceptable where it is. If you need more diamond then set up a recycling array and cobblestone generator. (i'll assume you have Buildcraft installed, BC2 and IC2 are almost mandatory together) You'll get plenty out of the scrap boxes.

• if its already using metadata for some stuff could you not just add to the already existing metadata or perhaps take the coding from say wires, the personal safe, and your mod and just combine them?

Metadata is a field that can store numbers from 0 to 15 for a block. I need to store 4 faces for each type of block, currently having 3 types, which makes 12 out of 16 possible metadata used. Adding a new block will use all 16 different metadata.

• Metadata is a field that can store numbers from 0 to 15 for a block. I need to store 4 faces for each type of block, currently having 3 types, which makes 12 out of 16 possible metadata used. Adding a new block will use all 16 different metadata.

hmm that could be a problem but i dont know much about programming to be honest must less java im actually looking for tutorials and tools right now to maybe make my own mod one day know any good tools and tutorials?

• hmm that could be a problem but i dont know much about programming to be honest must less java im actually looking for tutorials and tools right now to maybe make my own mod one day know any good tools and tutorials?

Well, I use eclipse and learned Java long ago, so not much to offer, sorry...

There are tons of tutorials on youtube though, you can look them up.

• I don't quite understand why this has to be a IdustrailCraft Addon - it could just as well be a stand alone mod with industrailcraft features - other people might want to use it..

Regardless i use industrailcraft - but i think you should release it mainstream - and not tuck it away in a cornor of the everlasting internets.

20kb for a signature? who has pictures that small??

• I don't quite understand why this has to be a IdustrailCraft Addon - it could just as well be a stand alone mod with industrailcraft features - other people might want to use it..

Regardless i use industrailcraft - but i think you should release it mainstream - and not tuck it away in a cornor of the everlasting internets.

wha? stand along with IC features? What uses does this have without IC? nothing, that's what... It's solely for converting IC energy to BC energy. The regulator pipes aren't usable with standard engines.