Auto-"cleaning" wall

• Don't know about you all, but I hate those mobs that wander up to your outer defensive wall and never leave. Especially the creepers (wonder why?), the spiders (they spidey-sense you through the wall and won't shut up), and the endermen (they're trying to steal the wall). I also hate wasting perfectly good arrows (and risking falling off next to a creeper) getting rid of them.

So why not build a wall that can do all that for you? Here's a prototype of the MobZapper 3000! Turn the mobs into mob-kebabs!
    As soon as the mobs walk up to the wall, the pressure plates enable the Tesla coils. Each coil has a batbox (good for 4 shots), which is hooked up to solar panels. You probably only need about one solar panel for every other Tesla coil, unless you're dealing with a zombie apocalypse. They're all connected to one tin cable that's connected to the batboxes, so they get help from their neighbors. The red & white lights indicate whether the wall is armed or not.

Here's the view from under the outer wall. The wire on the ceiling on the left runs under all of the pressure plates. The one on the floor on the right is hooked up to the lockout switch.
    Those two signals go through the AND gates and up the middle to power the blocks under the Tesla coils.

Here's the inside of the wall. The redwire in here is just controlling the lights. All of the Tesla control stuff is under the floor.

• Oh, that is freakin' epic!

I wonder if it would be possible to add in a way to collect the mob-kebab's drops and deposit them in a chest?

• Pretty nice indeed.

Oh, that is freakin' epic!

I wonder if it would be possible to add in a way to collect the mob-kebab's drops and deposit them in a chest?

You could put RP's transposers next to the blocks with pressure plates on them... you'll probably need a repeater to make them activate only after the mob die.

Please, correct my English.

• Pretty nice indeed.

You could put RP's transposers next to the blocks with pressure plates on them... you'll probably need a repeater to make them activate only after the mob die.

I'd have to do some testing to make sure, but I think powered transposers suck up anything in the two surrounding blocks. In that case, I'd put them in the ground every fifth block, one block in front of the pressure plates, so I could cover everything five blocks out from the wall. Probably piped straight into an automated warehouse or something.

Edit: tested... it's only the one surrounding block that a transposer will grab items from, so it would have to be every 3rd block, and directly in front of the pressure plates.

• This is awesome. And it appears to be modular. Now, all we need is a blueprint.

OK :D

Re-did a section so the wiring will match up if it's repeated. This doesn't include the switch circuit for the lockout or the lights - you'll need to build that and hook it up where it makes sense for your installation. I also used something other than C-foam for the back wall, so I could hide most of the light wiring with the RP cover panels.

One other important note - it IS safe to walk around on top of the wall (and even peek over the edge) while it's armed and has a pressure plate pressed.

Schematic

• how i wire up this thing? just a red wire direct white wire inverted and regular wire also direct?

• The link to the schematics file is broken and the screenshot doesn't appear. Firefox says it can't resolve theharms.org

I just moved my DNS hosting, so there might still be changes propagating in some places. It's still acting funny...

• If you already have RP2 installed, theres an easier way. Water pushes mob into transposer facing water. Same thing but you can get the drop easily and it takes less stuff to make.

It has become a little stubbly. Implement facial hair growth in IC²? Vision continuously grows more furry until you shave. (approx once every 2 minecraft days ;P)

Steve shaves with his chainsaw.
    Check out Factorio- A game where you build a factory from scratch.