Iron Fence / Magnatizer Issue

• The fence works as described going up but I cannot go down it after. I did the crouch / left shift but my guy wont leave the block and if I do it on the ladder it wont go down. I also tried to crouch jump onto the pole with the same result. What am I doing wrong here?

• Thought I'd give my two :Industrial Credit: .
    These operators are the major logic syntaxes used in many a programming language (All the way from Java to Bash Scripting (I know Bash is in a completely different league; don't bash me :D ))

• In layman's terms:

If you have the boots on and the pole is powered, you can't slide down. You have to take off the boots or turn off the pole.

I may have to look into redstoning my pole - but sadly, the magnetizer is 4 stories from the top or bottom of it and the wall is one block thick... so it'd be an ugly wiring job. :(

• I've grown to steadily hate the poles more and more. I'm seriously thinking of just installing teleporter pads where my poles are.

• Hmmm.... hadn't thought of that! It's a definite possiblity. And with the pads only being about 50m apart in my base, I can't imagine it would use much energy.

Direwolf's video had implied that you could power a teleporter with a dedicated MFE. Is this true? I would rather not waste resources on a pair of dedicated MFSUs when the power usage would not warrant it.

• The cost per teleportation is something like 20K * block distance. 1M per teleport isn't all /that/ much. (Ok, it's not something I'd want to do over and over; but once in a while is fine.)

• With a totally full inventory, and full armor, it takes 5k energy per block.

1k + 100*4 (armor) + 100 * 36 (9 * 4 is inventory) = 1k + 400 + 3600 = 5k.

So your estimate is a bit high.

Somehow however, I thought it took the square-root of the distance, making it far more efficient at higher ranges, but apparently I was either mistaken, or it was changed.

• it no longer root distance have limit of min20 and will charge for every item in stack inside inventory, teleportation to minimum range with full inventory of stones already not possible with single MSFU.

portal underpowered in current state, it shoud allow teleport if any of sides have power and require 10-100 times less energy.

you keep single portal and frecdevice inside inventory, place it anywhere you want and able to teleport back home, later on you able to teleport back.

• I just wish I could get F4113nb34st's Personal Teleporters mod to work for me - when it works it's great, but in spite of all the fixes it still telports me into the Void sometimes.

I don't necessarily need to go between A and B (or back and forth), just to be able to get back to base. And 1M per use is reasonable but still not a casual expense.

• Wait, it counts every item instead of 'the stack' as one item? I haven't actually set this up.

There's also the fact that I can't seem to figure out how to 'side down the pole' in SMP. (Boots off == me fall and die. My pole /is/ abusing the space between it and RP2 tubes for my movement though... is open space outside the pole block required?)

• Official Post

Wait, it counts every item instead of 'the stack' as one item? I haven't actually set this up.

There's also the fact that I can't seem to figure out how to 'side down the pole' in SMP. (Boots off == me fall and die. My pole /is/ abusing the space between it and RP2 tubes for my movement though... is open space outside the pole block required?)

If you're sitting in between two blocks, it may happen to only trigger the collision code of one of both, not sure about that. But it COULD cause you to fall like described ^^

• Having a single pole seems a bit annoying; maybe it could be a kind of chute instead? A square man-cage that can't be fallen out of would be nice. Though as soon as RP2 has frames it won't really matter for me anymore.

• I'd like something like that as well. Also, I'd like to be able to use it for traveling up and down. Not sure how to control that except with redstone at the magnetizer itself (if that even works).

If it's a block I must stand adjacent to, the pole is not the best option. I can't put it in the wall (unless the wall is thicker than one block, I'll have this gap in it).

This is a great idea but it needs further implementation. An elevator or lift of some kind would be better.

Does anyone remember the old hidden water elevators, where you could put falling water in a corner behind a wall and shoot upwards? Something that had the same effect is what I am seeking. The hole in each floor was only one block, making it eaier to step off at the desired floor.